Need Help

Search This thread

jlipps75

Dec 12, 2010
Just place it in the root of SD card and reboot to your boot loader

Sent from my Rezound

OK, I did RUU in the past but forgot process.

So no need to relock bootloader since I am S-Off?

Given the RUU is 4.03.605.2 do I still need to use the second PH89IMG from REV3NT3CH's thread, or is this RUU all I need?

Thanks for fast response

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The reason the phone froze at the HTC screen is because that phone is s-on...

In HTC world, there is the bootloader lock (the purple thing at the top saying unlocked) and the secure flag.

With the bootloader unlocked, you can flash on virtually any partition (only signed firmware and other technical stuff that is irrelevant in your situation) but when booted in recovery, you cannot flash to the boot partition. (Can only do that when s-off)

To flash the boot partition when unlocked s-on (secure flag on) you need to extract the boot.IMG from the ROM and flash it while in fastboot mode from the hboot.

To RUU (return to complete stock) you also need to flash upwards or same version firmware officially signed by HTC when s-on. If you are s-off then you can downgrade. Also, bootloader needs to be locked again.

TL/DR: flash the boot image following my post above and that ROM you flashed will work.

Sent from my Rezound
    Thanks for this. I think I get what you're saying, but just for the sake of clarification, one more question regarding this process.

I extract the boot.IMG from my ROM of choice, flash the ROM/gapps as I would on any other device, then go back to fastboot and run the adb commands posted earlier? Correct?

Exactly. Be sure to do exactly that command not

Fastboot boot boot.img

If you forget to say flash boot, it will just temporarily boot that kernel/boot image and not flash it to the device. Then upon reboot you will be back at step one.

Sent from my Rezound
    It is 100% usable, but you will experience less overheats and better battery life with the new firmware. I know the hboot ph98img zip is somewhere in this forum for the updated hboot and radio (for that zip you would just put in root of external SD card and in hboot it will automatically flash)

Sent from my Rezound
    Just place it in the root of SD card and reboot to your boot loader

Sent from my Rezound
    Only lock if an ruu exe iirc, a zip you can be unlocked.

Sent from my Rezound