adb reboot download tutorial(Windows)

Search This thread

D-FUSE

Oct 11, 2010
Panama City(Got to love the beach)
Okay this is four newbie that can't get there phone into download mode,or if your phone is stuck on the a&tt screen or whatever reason you need to go into download mode

1st thing you are going to need android-sdk if you do not have. You need to put all the files on your C: drive in a folder called android-sdk.There is the link to the sdk site.
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Step 1 go to setting then to Application I always select mass storage,but i guess ask on connection will work.Then in applications select Development,and them usb debugging.Then plug your phone into your computer

Step 2 open the start window in windows vista and 7 user type cmd into the search.XP you go to run and then type cmd.

Step 3 once inside cmd type cd\ enter.this will bring you to the c drive and should look like this.Now it should look like this.
C:/>

step 4 next type cd then (space) android-sdk\tools\ enter it should look like this.
C:\>cd android-sdk\tools\

Step 5 type adb (space) devices.Now it should look like this.
C:\android-sdk\tools>adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port whatever *
* daemon started successfully *
whatever # your phone is device.
now if it doesn't say this you probably don't have the proper drivers install,but if your are rooted you should.I will include a zip folder anyways.

Step 6 adb (space) reboot (space) download enter.It should look like this.
C:\android-sdk\tools>adb reboot download
After hitting enter your phone will reboot into download mode.

Here is a link for the drivers.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dbh299

Make sure that you have ADB in the tool folder if not here it is

Attachments

• adb.zip
    717.7 KB · Views: 2,575
Last edited:

peachpuff

Aug 31, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23
Actually step 1 would be to enabled usb debugging in settings/applications/development section otherwise none of this will work.
Theres also the adb reboot recovery command.

Reactions: D-FUSE

flashman2002

Aug 8, 2010
Derby/Wichita Kansas
From my experience if you flash a rom it will no longer have usb debugging enabled so if you get boot loop or something adb wont work. I know you don't specifybut I personally have not heard of a device being stuck unless the person was flashing.

This is my captivate. There are many like it buy this one is mine.

D-FUSE

Oct 11, 2010
Panama City(Got to love the beach)
From my experience if you flash a rom it will no longer have usb debugging enabled so if you get boot loop or something adb wont work. I know you don't specifybut I personally have not heard of a device being stuck unless the person was flashing.

This is my captivate. There are many like it buy this one is mine.

I have had my phone,Plus my girls virbrant stuck on the att%t screen\t-mobile screen and this as worked for me.I have had a few boot loops, but that was cuz i was changing the framework-res.apk,but was able to go into download mode via the rom I was on. I will look into this and see if i need to update.

Last edited:

Firzok

Sep 11, 2014
Completely unresponsive

I have a galaxy s7 and my phone is completely dead. It does not show up in list of devices connected. I have tried all key combinations to start my phone but it is completely unresponsive. Can anybody help me out please. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay this is four newbie that can't get there phone into download mode,or if your phone is stuck on the a&tt screen or whatever reason you need to go into download mode

1st thing you are going to need android-sdk if you do not have. You need to put all the files on your C: drive in a folder called android-sdk.There is the link to the sdk site.
    http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Step 1 go to setting then to Application I always select mass storage,but i guess ask on connection will work.Then in applications select Development,and them usb debugging.Then plug your phone into your computer

Step 2 open the start window in windows vista and 7 user type cmd into the search.XP you go to run and then type cmd.

Step 3 once inside cmd type cd\ enter.this will bring you to the c drive and should look like this.Now it should look like this.
    C:/>

step 4 next type cd then (space) android-sdk\tools\ enter it should look like this.
    C:\>cd android-sdk\tools\

Step 5 type adb (space) devices.Now it should look like this.
    C:\android-sdk\tools>adb devices
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port whatever *
    * daemon started successfully *
    whatever # your phone is device.
    now if it doesn't say this you probably don't have the proper drivers install,but if your are rooted you should.I will include a zip folder anyways.

Step 6 adb (space) reboot (space) download enter.It should look like this.
    C:\android-sdk\tools>adb reboot download
    After hitting enter your phone will reboot into download mode.

Here is a link for the drivers.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dbh299

Make sure that you have ADB in the tool folder if not here it is
    Actually step 1 would be to enabled usb debugging in settings/applications/development section otherwise none of this will work.
    Theres also the adb reboot recovery command.