MX Player Custom Codec [AC3,DTS,MLP,TRUEHD, etc..]

Search This thread

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Not sure what TWRP bakcup is, but I didn't make any backups (the only thing I do is manually transfer files to my PC).
I wonder what could have changed to cause that?
Maybe i should uninstall and reinstall MxPlayer?
I mean the system back up you should have made and routinely make with either TWRP or CWM custom recovery. TWRP is the most common nowadays, so I assumed you were using TWRP...

Most rooted phones (not all, but most) also have a custom recovery installed, like TWRP. Make a system backup, also called a "nandroid" , and if you mess up your phone, you just "restore" back to that earlier time when everything was good. Like having a magic time machine.

I make a new backup every few days. I don't have to use them as often as when I was a newbie, but still do, on occasion. ;)

eldadf92121

Dec 24, 2013
I mean the system back up you should have made and routinely make with either TWRP or CWM custom recovery. TWRP is the most common nowadays, so I assumed you were using TWRP...

Most rooted phones (not all, but most) also have a custom recovery installed, like TWRP. Make a system backup, also called a "nandroid" , and if you mess up your phone, you just "restore" back to that earlier time when everything was good. Like having a magic time machine.

I make a new backup every few days. I don't have to use them as often as when I was a newbie, but still do, on occasion. ;)

Thanks for the tip!
I probably should have :(...

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
So does that mean the paid version isn't upgraded?

What's the version of the MX Player Pro you are using?

The latest version available is 1.8.20. (Free version 1.8.21 only has additional fixes on ad modules which are not required for Pro users. So, no 1.8.21 for pro)

Currently, 1.9.x is available to those who have opted for beta testing on Google Play.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

MX Player v1.9.2 Free, GP
What's new:
1.9.0 ~ 1.9.2
• Support for HDMI passthrough of Audio HD codecs
• Support for external audio track
• FFMPEG library is upgraded
• More precious zoom and stretch
• Media scanning and listing Improvements
• Fixed some issues on scanning media files on external storages
• Fixed some artifacts on HW+
• New Keyboard shortcut for adjusting the speed (Ctrl + UP/DOWN)
• Fixed some background playback issues
• Fixed some crashes from 1.9.x
• Minor UI optimizations
• Fixed translations for some languages

Doesn't this mean that codec was changed? Or this concerns 1.9.0 version?

The change logs since 1.9.0 have merged together as a preparation for public release.
You can test yourself. If there is a change to ffmpeg, new custom codec version number will be automatically enforced by the Player itself. You can't load the custom codecs with incompatible version number.

Reactions: sdlopez83

19blacktiger77

Sep 13, 2010
Settimo Torinese
somebody help

i got error this errror message : cant find custom codec. please use version 1.8.6 armv7neon codec.

I have the same error on my NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1, with all the things updated!!! ?

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

somebody help

i got error this errror message : cant find custom codec. please use version 1.8.6 armv7neon codec.

I have the same error on my NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1, with all the things updated!!!

Z23

Aug 25, 2011
No problems with my Shield K1 using MXplayer Pro from Playstore and 1.8.6 neon codec.

InfX

May 1, 2008
I can't seem to find an answer anywhere, so can someone on this thread please tell me if the custom codec is necessary for the DTS playback in the PAID MX player version (the 'pro') as well?

I'd really like to get an MX player version i could simply have installed with an auto-updates enabled, but without the chance of the next update breaking the codec compatiblity over and over again.

This custom codec thing being necessary, while seemingly a minor inconvenience, becomes really annoying while paired with auto updates.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
If you getting errors like "please use version 1.8.6 armv7neon codec."
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobi...cOHQ70J9vlUEpDX1ZlazdjMms?sort=13&direction=a use the older versions.

It seems quite a few people don't have MX player 1.9.3

Coincidentally MX Player 1.9.3 (free) just became available in Playstore yesterday for my devices (Moto G Peregrine and Moto G Osprey on LOS14.1) which had been running 1.8.21. After the app update the prompt about outdated custom codec appeared as expected, after which I installed the new one and everything is groovy. Thanks!

Reactions: MatteoB92

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from
    You can download recent codecs here ( GitHub releases ) and 1.35.0-1.8.6 here ( Google Drive ).
    Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I cant remove them.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Check which version you need by going to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,x86_64,neon,neon64/ARMv8).
    Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
    2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
    3. Go back to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :

What's the difference between MX Player Codec Packs on Google Play and Custom Codec?
    MX Player Codec Pack not only contains ffmpeg library, It contains many other libraries required to work properly. If you download MX Player from Google Play mostly it will contain the required libraries according to your device architecture. You have to install codec packs from Google Play only if MX Player asks to install. Custom codec is just a modified version of the ffmpeg library used in MX Player. It's modified to include support DTS/Dolby(ac3) audio tracks. So, Codec Pack is mandatory if MX Player asks to install it. Custom Codec is optional and It's required only if you want to play the videos with DTS & Dolby (AC3) audio tacks

Why Custom Codec is not updated even though MX Player is updated?
    In Many occasions MX Player may updated without any changes to ffmpeg library. So, Custom Codec will also remain same. The custom codec version required will be directly forced by the player itself. So no need to worry about it. If it's not compatible MX Player will not load at all.

How do I know that my Custom Codec is outdated & needs an update?
    Whenever MX Player is updated, It will check the custom codec version loaded. If it's outdated it will show a error message that shows "Custom Codec is out of date. Replace it with the new version". Otherwise there is no need to check this thread for the new Custom Codecs.
    Custom codecs for 1.9.8
    Update 1.13.0 is up!!!

1.13.0 ARMv8 codec is needed here as well, thank you !

Please, it any chance to get ARMv7 Neon codec for version 1.13 mx player? I have sony TV and its problem with EAC3 :-/ Need codec for this version.

It's up on Google Drive now!!! :angel: neon64 is our ARM64
    However I can't seem to upload them to XDA... I guess Brave does not like flash lol oh well.
    Edit: Its up on XDA as well now.