{All 2011}[DEV][Marshmallow 6.0.1][LegacyXperia] unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0 builds

Search This thread

eberhardweber

Jul 29, 2015
Hi guys! Tell me please where can I find the latest builds for our devices? The last thing I know is the firmware from AdrianDC from 2017 02 21.

There is a Mega folder with some more recent builds.

Would be really nice to hear more from the devs about how they are planning to distribute these builds in the long run, what with Cyanogenmod shutting down, and LegacyXperia going silent. I don't mean this in a "more builds now!" sense, only that I'm sure we are all interested about how the organization process is going currently, what the plans are now that the dust has settled, and whether the advent of LineageOS has helped or hindered progress.

Reactions: afah_me

keylock32

May 13, 2017
Does using MicroSD Class 10 or UHS will improve alot compared to Class 6?
Just curious, I've tried various MicroSD (class 2-6) it's very slow, it took almost 20mnts just to boot (not first boot)

eberhardweber

Jul 29, 2015
Yes, using microsd class 10 which has better read/write speed will improve performance. My Smultron CM 14.1 boot in less than 1 minute.

Yes, class 10 is currently your only option. You should basically buy a Samsung EVO+. Even then, performance will not be very good.

That being said, there is a new type of sdcard coming soon, the UHS-I A1 type card. They are actually meant for running apps off the sdcard.

Sandisk announced one a while ago. That's where we'll probably have to go when they get released in late summer.

Reactions: utfluc and Akcadem

keylock32

May 13, 2017
Yes, class 10 is currently your only option. You should basically buy a Samsung EVO+. Even then, performance will not be very good.

That being said, there is a new type of sdcard coming soon, the UHS-I A1 type card. They are actually meant for running apps off the sdcard.
How bad is not very good?
is it still slower than internal memory?
Does this devices support UHS/Class 10 SD CARD?
at this point I already have too much MicroSD, because every phone I bought always includes it (2GB-32GB)

I was actually just recently start to using this phone again after reading various websites, I always love it, it small, compact.
The reason why I stop using it is because the internal memory is pain in the a$$, I can't update anything because it's full and can't use it either because everything needs to be updated, with custom rom it's doable.

I've used CM13, but it's too slow, so I downgrade to CM10, but the Bluetooth doesn't works, not big deal actually but it's basic feature.
I'm running CM11 for now, it's pretty fast, everything works perfectly but the problem is always the internal storage.

Even-though I've already set External storage for default storage with ADB commands, the system still using internal storage for cache and installation which always getting error because 100MB can't store anything beyond that (for example: whatsapp alone required more than 50MB+ for install file)

I don't game on phone so idc about games.

How bad is not very good?
is it still slower than internal memory?
Does this devices support UHS/Class 10 SD CARD?
at this point I already have too much MicroSD, because every phone I bought always includes it (2GB-32GB)

I was actually just recently start to using this phone again after reading various websites, I always love it, it small, compact.
The reason why I stop using it is because the internal memory is pain in the a$$, I can't update anything because it's full and can't use it either because everything needs to be updated, with custom rom it's doable.

I've used CM13, but it's too slow, so I downgrade to CM10, but the Bluetooth doesn't works, not big deal actually but it's basic feature.
I'm running CM11 for now, it's pretty fast, everything works perfectly but the problem is always the internal storage.

Even-though I've already set External storage for default storage with ADB commands, the system still using internal storage for cache and installation which always getting error because 100MB can't store anything beyond that (for example: whatsapp alone required more than 50MB+ for install file)

I don't game on phone so idc about games.

CM11 + Link2sd or APPS2SD linking apk, data, library, obb + fast random sdcard is your best go.

Reactions: Dr Goodvibes

keylock32

May 13, 2017
CM11 + Link2sd or APPS2SD linking apk, data, library, obb + fast random sdcard is your best go.

unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem, if I tried to install any apps bigger than "free space" left in internal storage then it would fail to install.

eg. installing google services require 100mb, so if my free space is 40MB left, then I would get low space warning.

unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem, if I tried to install any apps bigger than "free space" left in internal storage then it would fail to install.

eg. installing google services require 100mb, so if my free space is 40MB left, then I would get low space warning.

Better alternative is only to use another mobile.
Or use this one for a very custom demand, so that you can completely clean it and pre install on system only the 1 or 2 apk that is demanded.

I use my Xperia 2011 as my second device, full installed like I suggested, and everything goes fine, but huge apps like Facebook (for this I use lite alternative). Only custom mod I did was to clean system partition as better as possible and moved to it some user apks that are essential to me + system apps' dalvik. This included to move google play services to user apps only (and then be linked to sdcard) to free system space and not have lack of memory when it automatically updates.
Mine is configured to link apk + data + lib + obb
As far as cpu power and sdcard speed permit, the mobile runs fine. Near 300MB is always available in memory this way.

Last edited:

DeadXperiance

Jun 4, 2014
Mehsana

You can use CronMod-INT2EXT4 with CM 11 and you get more internal storage for installing apps,but your sdcard must be partitioned Ext4. You can partition with Minitool Partition Wizard.

eberhardweber

Jul 29, 2015

Tried to flash this on my Iyokan, was unsuccessful despite wiping everything (first system & reboot and was unsuccesful, then system, data and cache, and was unsuccessful). Choked at various points of the transfer. The previous version installs with no problems at all (lineage-14.1-20170322-UNOFFICIAL-LegacyXperia-iyokan.zip), just reinstalled it.

The previous version also had a TWRP recovery which was absolutely fantastic, it was next level, this newest one no longer comes with it. Any reason for that?

Reactions: ploµf

JimmyRay

Jul 4, 2014
Hamamatsu
Hello chaps, long time no see!

Last night I plugged my little Xperia Ray (running what I believe was the 20160417 CM13 build) in to charge, and awoke this morning to find the phone was stuck in a boot-loop on the LegacyXperia screen.

I use the Ray as a backup device, and primarily as my morning alarm clock. There is no sim inside, and wifi is disabled, so the battery lasts quite a long time. I had not updated or installed any new apps, so was surprised to see the boot-loop.

Removing the SD card I noticed that the Ray tried to boot (the CM13 boot animation appeared), but obviously without the SD card it never actually completes.

I'm just wondering if there are any simple fixes that I can try? Factory reset in recovery does not work, however I noticed that when attempting to format /data the phone resets itself. Could it be that the SD card has died?

I don't intend to use the Ray as a daily driver (now I used a Samsung S4 Mini for that role), so might just reflash CM11, and not worry about having to re-prep the SD card in order to install CM13. However if there are any simple fixes, I'd love to hear them.

I notice the LOS14.1 builds in the Mega links above, and mention that they use TWRP recovery. Does this simplify the flashing process?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

trax7

May 15, 2012
Hello chaps, long time no see!

Last night I plugged my little Xperia Ray (running what I believe was the 20160417 CM13 build) in to charge, and awoke this morning to find the phone was stuck in a boot-loop on the LegacyXperia screen.

I use the Ray as a backup device, and primarily as my morning alarm clock. There is no sim inside, and wifi is disabled, so the battery lasts quite a long time. I had not updated or installed any new apps, so was surprised to see the boot-loop.

Removing the SD card I noticed that the Ray tried to boot (the CM13 boot animation appeared), but obviously without the SD card it never actually completes.

I'm just wondering if there are any simple fixes that I can try? Factory reset in recovery does not work, however I noticed that when attempting to format /data the phone resets itself. Could it be that the SD card has died?

I don't intend to use the Ray as a daily driver (now I used a Samsung S4 Mini for that role), so might just reflash CM11, and not worry about having to re-prep the SD card in order to install CM13. However if there are any simple fixes, I'd love to hear them.

I notice the LOS14.1 builds in the Mega links above, and mention that they use TWRP recovery. Does this simplify the flashing process?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
The card might not be dead per se but just corrupted. Try reading it on Windows with a tool that reads ext4 partitions or on Linux directly if you have one. Otherwise, reformatting is the way to go. Unfortunately, you still might have to reflash the whole ROM and will lose the data you have on it. :)

JimmyRay

Jul 4, 2014
Hamamatsu
Thank you for your reply.

I just tried placing the SD card in a USB reader. Ext2fs allows me to see the contents of the card (just 1GB used), and copy more or less all of the files to a temporary folder on my desktop. So it seems that the SD card is not dead, nor corrupt.

Any other suggestions?

JimmyRay

Jul 4, 2014
Hamamatsu
Thank you for your reply.

I just tried placing the SD card in a USB reader. Ext2fs allows me to see the contents of the card (just 1GB used), and copy more or less all of the files to a temporary folder on my desktop. So it seems that the SD card is not dead, nor corrupt.

Any other suggestions?

Just to reply to my own post, while I could still access the data on the SD card, it seems that I was no longer able to modify the media (could not repartition in Paragon, or reformat to FAT32 in Windows), so I assume it has died. Is there anything else that can be done to check/bring the SD card back to life...if not, I guess I will throw it in the bin.

Ultimately, I ended-up flashing the latest CM11 rom, without any GApps. There is no SIM card, and WiFi and GPS are also disabled. So this little Ray is happy to sleep all day, gently sipping ~2% battery over a 24 hour period, then waking-up to sound its alarm (to wake me up) in the morning. Granted, CM11/KitKat does look and feel rather dated compared to CM12/CM13 and now LOS14.1 on my S4 Mini, but it's incredibly responsive on the little Ray!

Thanks to Mike for his great development work on these devices over the years!

trax7

May 15, 2012
Just to reply to my own post, while I could still access the data on the SD card, it seems that I was no longer able to modify the media (could not repartition in Paragon, or reformat to FAT32 in Windows), so I assume it has died. Is there anything else that can be done to check/bring the SD card back to life...if not, I guess I will throw it in the bin.

Ultimately, I ended-up flashing the latest CM11 rom, without any GApps. There is no SIM card, and WiFi and GPS are also disabled. So this little Ray is happy to sleep all day, gently sipping ~2% battery over a 24 hour period, then waking-up to sound its alarm (to wake me up) in the morning. Granted, CM11/KitKat does look and feel rather dated compared to CM12/CM13 and now LOS14.1 on my S4 Mini, but it's incredibly responsive on the little Ray!

Thanks to Mike for his great development work on these devices over the years!
You can try the official SD format tool. Google it. It helps with these kinds of problems :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ehqj0AS.png

Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/COLOR]

This is an unofficial build of CM13.0.
    This is an attempt to stay close to official cm13.0 and not make crazy hacks to make things working.

This is a pure CM build, only contains official CM features. I will not add any other external feature/app/etc.

For an up-to date working/not working list, bug tracker, useful guides & FAQ, visit our website:
    http://legacyxperia.github.io

Want to contribute? Submit your changes to msm7x30 gerrit:
    http://review.msm7x30.org

WARNING: This ROM uses a modified internal memory layout.
    Our /system partition is originally 400MB but this space is not enough for a fluid experience and a full installation with proper google apps.
    The internal storage has been repartitioned to give the whole space to /system & /cache. Your SD card will be used as the /data partition and emulated media storage like all modern devices.

Partition your SD card with exactly 1 partition. ALL DATA WILL BE LOST. Backup anything you need.
    Basically, you need a normal SD card; if you repartitioned for Lollipop, you must revert that.
    Format to F2FS or ext4 (F2FS is the new standard), or
    if the partition is unformatted or FAT32, then it will automatically be formatted with F2FS later.
    You can use Partition Wizard (Win) or GParted (Linux).

If you want to use this ROM you will always have to use the included kernel or use a kernel that includes the layour changes. Bug reports with non-standard kernels will be ignored.
    You will have to wipe the device and make a clean install.
    You cannot restore nandroid backups from previous android versions or restore backups from this ROM to other ROMs that don't use the new partition layout since you risk corrupting the data.
    I suggest to use Titanium Backup, Helium or any other similar app to backup your data if you really need to.

Requirements:
    * Have the stock ICS 4.1.B.0.587 full ftf flashed (doesn't matter if you have flashed it in the past or if you flash it before installing cm13.0, it will work both ways)
    * LT15i (Arc) users need to flash LT18i (Arc S) ftf
    * MT15i (Neo) users need to flash MT11i (Neo V) ftf
    * You need a fast SD card with good random read/write (usually class 10 or higher).

Steps required for correct installation (order is important):
    1: Flash boot.img in fastboot & reboot into recovery
    2 (optional): If the device is not booting, reboot to bootloader again and run:
    fastboot erase system
    3: Enter recovery
    4: Format /system, then /data and then /cache (Important step!)
    5: Flash update zip
    6: Flash gapps

You need to flash gapps before booting into the ROM for the first time, else critical permissions will not be granted and you will have constant crashes, requiring a factory reset.

Steps 2, 4, 6 are not needed when you install new LX build on top of an older one in the future

If you want to return to a ROM that doesn't use the new partition layout, you need to follow the above steps again (only replace boot.img & update zip with the ones you want to use).

More detailed instructions can be found in LX wiki

FAQ/Q&A/Discussion thread:
    There's no longer a separate thread for discussion, to minimize fragmentation. You can use this thread.

How to make your own test builds:
    This older guide works for cm-13.0 as well:
    {All 2011}[GUIDE][DEV] How to build CyanogenMod 12.1

Changelog:
    Release changes

Working/Non-working list
    Marshmallow status

Downloads:
    https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/LegacyXperia
    PLEASE DON'T MIRROR OUR UPLOADS

Recommended Google Apps:
    Google Apps packaged by Mardon

NOTE:
    Following xda's rule #12 spirit: If you are developing something that is based on my work, you MUST first seek my permission, you must add proper credits and you must add links pointing to my original thread and to my github sources.
    Breaking this rule will lead me to report the thread to the moderators.

BUG Tracker
    If you want to help fixing those bugs, please report the bugs in the bug tracker. Thanks!
    Logs are needed (logcat/dmesg/last_kmsg), not just "got FC" or "+1" useless replies.
    For more detailed instructions check the bug reporting guide in the FAQ.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LegacyXperia , ROM for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

Contributors
    mikeioannina, Mardon, Rrreutel, Adrian DC, cajhin and many others
    Source Code: http://github.com/LegacyXperia

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest version of official ICS firmware: 4.1.B.0.587 or the latest supported baseband: 8x55A-AAABQOAZM-203028G-77
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 20161109
    Beta Release Date: 2016-11-09

Created 2016-02-26
    Last Updated 2016-11-09
    ## Nightly build 20160227 - cm-13.0
    * Latest cm13.0 changes
    * Initial public build
    * Included Google's security bulletins up to February 1
    * WARNING: Switched to emulated storage. More info [here](https://github.com/LegacyXperia/Wiki/wiki/Installing-Marshmallow)
    * Marked SD as nonremovable in kernel: Reduces time spent in mmc1_detect wakelock
    * Removed SD eject option from settings
    * Fixed charger led staying always on
    * Replaced aosp Camera2 with Snap camera app
    * Changed to half-resolution boot animation to reduce boot time
    * Actually using lz4 to compress zRAM
    * Updated yaffs to latest upstream code
    * Added workaround for urushi flash. More info [here](http://review.msm7x30.org/1119)
    * Added low resource fake material progress spinner to improve dex2oat time

First builds will roll based on device popularity in the next 2 days.
    Special thanks to LX team and everyone who helped so far with testing and bug fixing! Functionality should be the same as cm-12.1 or better, but let us know of any issues.

Bluetooth is reported as not quite stable yet (some devices not reconnecting, turning BT on/off through settings not working reliably)
    LegacyXperia test release : For building test purposes and for those interested
    in a preview of LineageOS on the 11 supported 2011 Xperia devices,

here are builds of all devices that you can try and report back on :
    https://mega.nz/#F!bt0VzQDA!6OD6YFjCKYUkX6GRhNOBDg

I hold included work-in-progress patches here (0117+ builds done at PS5) :
    http://review.msm7x30.org/#/c/1563/

These are here for testing purposes and no guarantee of usability,
    stability or else will be given until further work is done on our side.

Also please do not rehost the builds as they are meant to be removed once the next build batch is ready to start.
    LegacyXperia cm-13.0 20161109 release

On behalf of Mike and the other LegacyXperia devs I'm posting a new release of LegacyXperia cm-13.0. Mike will be mostly offline during the coming months due to military training.

## Nightly build 20161109 - cm-13.0
    * Latest cm13.0 changes
    * Included Google's security bulletins up to October 1st 2016
    * Fixed CVE-2014-4655, CVE-2015-2686, CVE-2015-4177, CVE-2015-7515, CVE-2015-8830, CVE-2015-8839, CVE-2016-0819, CVE-2016-2059, CVE-2016-2384, CVE-2016-2468, CVE-2016-2475, CVE-2016-2504, CVE-2016-2545, CVE-2016-2546, CVE-2016-2547, CVE-2016-2549, CVE-2016-2847, CVE-2016-3134, CVE-2016-3135, CVE-2016-3138, CVE-2016-3156, CVE-2016-3768, CVE-2016-3809, CVE-2016-3951, CVE-2016-4470, CVE-2016-4482, CVE-2016-4486, CVE-2016-4569, CVE-2016-4578, CVE-2016-4805, CVE-2016-4998, CVE-2016-5342, CVE-2016-5829, CVE-2016-6683, CVE-2016-6828, CVE-2016-7042, CVE-2016-7117, CVE-2016-7910, CVE-2016-7911, CVE-2015-8962, CVE-2016-2184, CVE-2015-8963, CVE-2016-6136, CVE-2016-6738, CVE-2015-8964, CVE-2016-7915
    * Updated f2fs to latest f2fs-stable linux-3.4.y code
    * Added lzma compression for kernel and ramdisk, possibly allowing devices with bad blocks to flash the smaller boot.img
    * disabled signature checking in recovery to allow flashing the ever growing CM-13.0 zips more reliably

Builds are available from basketbuild.

For gapps we recommend @Mardon 's miniGAPPS (the Std. version is probably too large) from Google Apps 6.0.1 [HDPI][MDPI] - (upd.20161024)

After the recent 20161025 CM-11.0 release some donations have come in to support the VPS server. (It's hosting Gerrit to manage changes and future releases for LegacyXperia).

These donations are much appreciated, thanks everyone who donated! If you haven't yet, but would still like to materialize a 'thanks' to Mike and LegacyXperia, please feel free to donate here :good: