View attachment 1.57_deodex_OlympusCamera.zip
View attachment 1.83_deodex_OlympusCamera.zip

How to Install
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13826066&postcount=80
Thanks mramirezusa.

안녕하세요.
대한민국 Atrix 사용자 입니다.
영어를 잘하지 않습니다.
OlympusCamera.apk 수정해 1080p 레코딩 가능하도록 했습니다.
1.8.3 deodex에서 테스트 되었습니다.

/system/app/OlympusCamera.apk

위 주소의 파일를 첨부파일로 교체하세요.
화질은 여러분들이 판단하시기 바랍니다.
댓글은 못 씁니다.(죄송합니다.)

Google Translate.

Hello.
South Korea is Atrix users.
English is not good.
OlympusCamera.apk was correct to allow 1080p recording.
Has been tested on 1.8.3 deodex.

/ system / app / OlympusCamera.apk

The above address, please replace the files as attachments.
The quality of your judgments, please.
I can not write comments. (I'm sorry.)

Last edited:

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
Does this work on Bell Atrix devices or any other firmware? I know it probably wouldn't be difficult to test myself but I'm at work and it's a pain to do via Root Explorer.

If I were at home with ADB access I'd give it a shot in a jiffy. Thanks for sharing nonetheless!

tag4

Feb 19, 2011
Texas
Looks to be working, has 1080P option! Will need to reboot for it to work first. on 4.1.83 gladiatrix

*picture removed due to freakishly large size

Last edited:

Spaztazim

Mar 30, 2011
rebooting now.....seems to work fine adds menu and no fcs so far.

anyway to tell if this is actually 1080p?

when i look at the properties of a video it says the res is qvga, normal?

Last edited:

leets4uc3

Jun 18, 2010
Some reason it won't show up in my app drawer. I named the old one apk.Bak and placed the new one in. Rebooted still nothing. Any help?

Sent from my MB860

Reactions: ladytya

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
Some reason it won't show up in my app drawer. I named the old one apk.Bak and placed the new one in. Rebooted still nothing. Any help?

Sent from my MB860

Try rebooting again. Sometimes it doesn't click right away.

I've had this happen in the past. Freaked me out until I saw others report this too.

tag4

Feb 19, 2011
Texas
That is odd, that was all I did. I first renamed the original one .bak dropped the new one in the system/app where the renamed original was and tried the camera. It said it failed to open so I reboot and tried again and all was good. Make sure permissions says -rw -r -r

igothacked1

Nov 28, 2009
Did some tests, 1080p works. I was skeptical at first, until I saw the frame rate drop like the Optimus 2X 1080p. Still smooth though.

Neomaxis

Mar 4, 2011
Buenos Aires
Just try it, and works fine!!!!

Windows media player said that the resolution was 1920x1088. ¿?

Anyway, it works on AT&T atrix with 4.1.83!!!!

Thanks

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
Running the French Orange SBF (4.2.1.1) and it looks like it worked! Haven't uploaded the file to check the properties but it looked pretty damn 1080p. I also have GreyBlur installed.

If my eyes deceived me.. at least it doesn't crash. It did give me the option in the pull down though. Someone else confirm this too, please! Finally us Bell Atrix users are getting some lucky breaks. :)

GibMcFragger

Dec 23, 2010
Vancouver
Running the French Orange SBF (4.2.1.1) and it looks like it worked! Haven't uploaded the file to check the properties but it looked pretty damn 1080p. I also have GreyBlur installed.

If my eyes deceived me.. at least it doesn't crash. It did give me the option in the pull down though. Someone else confirm this too, please! Finally us Bell Atrix users are getting some lucky breaks. :)
Is the leaked French SBF that I an several others running actually from Orange? I was trying to figure out what carrier it was for as there is no carrier boot screen or bloat.

Sweet! It works! Thanks for letting me know. I am gonna "install" it using Root Explorer tomorrow (busy now), and just rename my old camera app to .bak, just in case.

sifon187

Aug 20, 2010
Savannah, GA
Fixed my issue. I went into Root Explorer and checked user premissions and none of them were checked. If it does not show in the app drawer, make sure all permissions are set for user in root explorer.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Reactions: nosit1

GibMcFragger

Dec 23, 2010
Vancouver
Fixed my issue. I went into Root Explorer and checked user premissions and none of them were checked. If it does not show in the app drawer, make sure all permissions are set for user in root explorer.

What should they be? rw-r--r-- or rwxr--r--?

I tried both and the camera app will not show up.

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Dec 23, 2010
Vancouver
Nope. Didn't work. Doesn't show up in app drawer or even in the apps list as being installed. Crap.

Wierd. As soon as I deleted it and removed the .bak from the original camera app, it came back. Maybe I got a corrupt download of this camera app.

*EDIT* OMG I'm such a retard. I just looked at the first post again. I need to be DEODEXED, which I haven't done with U4_2.2.1 yet. *smacks forehead*

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    View attachment 1.42_deodex_OlympusCamera.zip
    View attachment 1.57_deodex_OlympusCamera.zip
    View attachment 1.83_deodex_OlympusCamera.zip

How to Install
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13826066&postcount=80
    Thanks mramirezusa.

안녕하세요.
    대한민국 Atrix 사용자 입니다.
    영어를 잘하지 않습니다.
    OlympusCamera.apk 수정해 1080p 레코딩 가능하도록 했습니다.
    1.8.3 deodex에서 테스트 되었습니다.

/system/app/OlympusCamera.apk

위 주소의 파일를 첨부파일로 교체하세요.
    화질은 여러분들이 판단하시기 바랍니다.
    댓글은 못 씁니다.(죄송합니다.)

Google Translate.

Hello.
    South Korea is Atrix users.
    English is not good.
    OlympusCamera.apk was correct to allow 1080p recording.
    Has been tested on 1.8.3 deodex.

/ system / app / OlympusCamera.apk

The above address, please replace the files as attachments.
    The quality of your judgments, please.
    I can not write comments. (I'm sorry.)
    Safe way to do it

1. Root Explorer /system/app change R/O to R/W (From read only to Write/Read)
    2. Rename OlympusCamera.apk and OlympusCamera.dex to OlympusCamera.apk.bak and OlympusCamera.dex.bak
    (#2 Depends if you are dex or undex) just need to rename all OlympusCamerca.* to end .bak
    3. Unzip new file and copy OlympusCamera.apk to /system/app (Root Explorer is tricky because everytime you long press it to copy it show up install option... DO NOT INSTALL.... best way to copy use ADB shell
    4. Change permission to OlympusCamera.apk to rw-r--r--
    5. Change Mount R/W to R/O (optional but safe)
    6. Reboot and clean dalvik cache, or just delete OlympusCamera dex entry on Dalvik Cache
    7. Enjoy it! ;)

Sent from my MB860

I'm gonna sound like a newb (cause I am) but can anyone post the steps to take to get this working. I've downloaded the file and extracted it. But When I try to put the new .apk in the system/app folder I get an error from Root Explorer. I'm on an AT&T 4.1.83 running Ginger Blur 3.1! Thanks guys!

If you're going to use root explorer, change at the top to Mount R/O, then go to /system/app and rename the original OlympusCamera.apk to OlympusCamera.apk.bak. Then move/copy the new apk to the same folder (/system/app), set permissions as necessary, and reboot.

Ya'll having problems with the app drawer, what launcher are you using?