Most Terrifying expierence!

Search This thread

J017373

Dec 15, 2010
So i was odin-ing back to stock when for some reason Odin stopped. I start freaking out cause what else am i gonna do. My wife hates that i play with my phone.

Back in the early days of vibrant i effed up a voodoo lagfix (was able to fix it), but it cost me $50 buck when i had to send the replacment phone back after fixing mine.

So (like a noob) i unplug my phone and leave it in download mode. Nothings working.

I turn the phone off (again LIKE A NOOB), and it give me this angry picture of a cell connected to a PC...

Lost my Sh*t!!!!

However, was able to get into download mode, retore stock, and avoid a sexless month.

So, who has a good OMGZ-BRICKED-MY-PONE-OH-WAIT-NO-I-DIDNT moment...

jneal9

May 24, 2011
I'd be willing to bet 99% of people on this forum have had this go down and freaked out the first time. It's one of those things that's inevitable when messing with this stuff. :D

}{Alienz}{

Jul 22, 2010
Colorado
OnePlus 9 Pro
I once used a broken USB cable that I broke earlier (but forgot). It made very VERY poor contact with the phone so it disconnected if the phone was touched.
I used that cable with ODIN. Needless to say, it disconnected MANY times and I kept thinking I'm done. Finally I remembered the cable is broken and then I TOOK IT AND HELD IT AS TIGHT AS POSSIBLE with the USB contact.
Scarriest hour of my life.

D

Deleted member 3572053

I know a sexless month is terrifying but its okay bro.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

helikido

Oct 23, 2010
Lol, i tried flashing the gb bootloader, then my phone didnt boot up cuz odin failed and then it magicaly went to the computer phone screen, and i just flashed back the stock froyo bootloader.. o thought i was done for lol

grose65

Feb 2, 2011
york
Been there atleast 6 times, just kept trying and I get there

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
I pulled the USB early, just before Odin says completed, on a bootloader flash. Holy **** what a scary moment. It booted up fine though.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
Haha I did this too outdated odin and bootloaders dont mix. I had to flash it at least 5 times to get it to take. Odin wouldnt recognize on the com after every bad flash unless I reboted. The last time I couldnt get back to download so I flashed it in the phone!pc screen with a different odin and it worked like a charm. Stomach was churning like it was trying to make butter lol.

Oxirane

Oct 10, 2010
Tallahassee
First time I used ODIN my roomate accidentally unplugged my phone (cable was crazy loose)... wound up on the phone---!---PC screen and that was scary as crap. Took a little while, but I figured it out :)

Basically, unless you're in the realm of bootloaders, this phone is difficult enough to brick (which I'm very thankful for!)

Haxel

Feb 22, 2010

The burning question in my mind is, do you mean the failed upload attempts?

...or the month your kick-banned from hanky panky... because of course you keep trying, and eventually you get there. waka waka waka

Reactions: Steprock

chichu_9

Oct 27, 2006
Atlanta
Tried to flash my phone while driving, I hit a road bump and next thing, I know ODIN stopped working and my phone had a bunch of garbage display on the screen.

C*0000000*** something like that.

used Jig back to download mode. But the remaining 30 minutes drive back to my desk was horrifying.

Steprock

Nov 23, 2010
Parker, CO
Been there, done that

You tried to flash your phone while driving?? :confused:

I used Clockwork mod to flash back to a Rom I liked better with a nandroid backup and it just got into a bootloop. I kept trying, but the only thing I could get to work was to Odin back to a stable Eclair build I had on hand.

BUT it gave me a red FAIL and just stopped mid-way through. However, when I unplugged and started my phone it came up just fine. PHEW!

Hours of fiddling and my wife was also all like "What the heck are you doing??? Can't you leave well enough alone???"

No. Of course not.

Jasonhunterx

Feb 17, 2011
Hartford
First time I got a soft brick I was scared as **** but then I learned about Odin I was so happy

Sent from my T959 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The burning question in my mind is, do you mean the failed upload attempts?

...or the month your kick-banned from hanky panky... because of course you keep trying, and eventually you get there. waka waka waka