SGH-I337M custom rom?

Search This thread
Jun 12, 2014
need advice on which fully functioning rom will work on my rogers galaxy s4?also how to root?unlock?I have flashed htc windows devices years ago but pretty new to android,was reading one thread but like a thousand pages,wow!!!any advice would be apreciated.

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Best place to start is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314494

As for ROM recommendations, that's one you'll have to find on your own. We generally don't allow recommendations on threads lest they attract trolls/fanbois and hijack your thread. Besides... you'll never find what you like if you don't explore a little bit.

Best of luck and welcome!

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
need advice on which fully functioning rom will work on my rogers galaxy s4?also how to root?unlock?I have flashed htc windows devices years ago but pretty new to android,was reading one thread but like a thousand pages,wow!!!any advice would be apreciated.

For rooting, look up CF-auto root or kingo root, CF-auto uses odin pc so you may want to read up on that, I use version 3.07, others have used 3.09. For rom choices, you want to make sure you are selecting a rom for i337m, there are also roms for i337 which is the at&t version, if it doesn't specify Canada or i337m I would stay away from it. There are ASOP (sort of a vanila rom) and touch wiz roms suggest you read up on the differences. To flash any rom you need a custom recovery, I use TWRP version 2.6 some say to use 2.5 and I would suggest staying away from the latest and greatest since I have seen a lot of issues using the newest versions. Some people use Philz recovery which I am not familiar with but have seen quite a few successes with it. The last option is clockwork recovery, though I have used it in the past it can be finicky and I have seen people have a few issues with it. Lastly unlocking, if you going to unlock, I would skip all the free methods and use a reputable service like unlocker.com or something like that.... again read up before hand.

Best advice I can give, if your going to try something, read a lot make sure you know what your doing and be paitent, some processes look like they are doing nothing but allow them to finish.....

Jun 12, 2014
For rooting, look up CF-auto root or kingo root, CF-auto uses odin pc so you may want to read up on that, I use version 3.07, others have used 3.09. For rom choices, you want to make sure you are selecting a rom for i337m, there are also roms for i337 which is the at&t version, if it doesn't specify Canada or i337m I would stay away from it. There are ASOP (sort of a vanila rom) and touch wiz roms suggest you read up on the differences. To flash any rom you need a custom recovery, I use TWRP version 2.6 some say to use 2.5 and I would suggest staying away from the latest and greatest since I have seen a lot of issues using the newest versions. Some people use Philz recovery which I am not familiar with but have seen quite a few successes with it. The last option is clockwork recovery, though I have used it in the past it can be finicky and I have seen people have a few issues with it. Lastly unlocking, if you going to unlock, I would skip all the free methods and use a reputable service like unlocker.com or something like that.... again read up before hand.

Best advice I can give, if your going to try something, read a lot make sure you know what your doing and be paitent, some processes look like they are doing nothing but allow them to finish.....

thanks for the help,how do I find the canadian roms?

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro

All S4 ROMs run on all variants, with the exception of the i9500 octa core version. So you can flash anything, but the ROMs in the development section here that mention jfltecan or Canadian S4 or I337m are the best. I've also heard T-Mobile ROMs are the next best for you, and keep in mind there are also the unified ROMs with one zip for all variants.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Best place to start is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314494

As for ROM recommendations, that's one you'll have to find on your own. We generally don't allow recommendations on threads lest they attract trolls/fanbois and hijack your thread. Besides... you'll never find what you like if you don't explore a little bit.

Best of luck and welcome!

All S4 ROMs run on all variants, with the exception of the i9500 octa core version. So you can flash anything, but the ROMs in the development section here that mention jfltecan or Canadian S4 or I337m are the best. I've also heard T-Mobile ROMs are the next best for you, and keep in mind there are also the unified ROMs with one zip for all variants.
    The iB4STiD variants have been working great for me. The GPE and TW versions.
    Read this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314494 3 or 4 times. Familiarize yourself with kernels and roms that work with i337m. Read as much as you can. The general section has so much useful info. Good luck.

Sent from Canadian i337m using Tapatalk
    samy deluxe for i9505

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app