[Q] Unlock Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 locked to Verizon

Search This thread

anhducvt08

Sep 26, 2011
Hello, I have a Motorola Droid Razr XT912 locked to Verizon and how to unlock this phone ?
I bought a unlock code with its IMEI number and I don't know how to input this code !
:(

maarawoe

Feb 8, 2012
Prague
Sorry.... In that case i dont know why does he mentions lte in that video... :-/
912 doesn't behave same?

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Reactions: anhducvt08

Haloman800

Dec 16, 2010
Curious.. What benefits are there exactly to "unlocking" your phone? Using it on a different carrier? Can you do that with Verizon's Razr/Maxx?

mawaisz

Sep 28, 2011
Katameya
-If I change the rom, will it still be locked?
-if I change the kernel, still be locked?
-if I change the modem, still locked?

Thanks ;')

nameite

Aug 1, 2011
Well dunno about xt910, but my old SE X10 mini was unlocked...and I flashed CM7 on it and it was locked again... (maybe it wa a software unlock?)

mawaisz

Sep 28, 2011
Katameya
The Verizon Razr has no SIM lock and is therefore unlocked by default.
The new ICS leaks enable global use by default with foreign SIMs, no unlock code required.

Same for D4.

So what you mean by Verizon Razr is XT912(CDMA) right or XT910(GSM)? If its unlocked by default, then why is it under Verizon anyway?
What I get here is:
-Cant use CDMA for international
-Flash to ICS is possible, and will unlock for international use

correct me if I'm wrong
Thank You :)

Well dunno about xt910, but my old SE X10 mini was unlocked...and I flashed CM7 on it and it was locked again... (maybe it wa a software unlock?)

maybe your SE X10 mini is not permanant unlock is it?

fulgerul

Dec 11, 2007
I'm also very interested in knowing how XT912 can be used with gsm networks.

@cellzealot, regarding to your post:

The new ICS leaks enable global use by default with foreign SIMs, no unlock code required.

Same for D4.

I live in Europe (only GSM carriers available in my country) and a friend of mine came with an XT912 from Verizon, bought in the US.

Since I can buy it at a bargain price, I am very interested in knowing if it can be unlocked via ICS update.

At the moment when a foreign SIMCARD is inserted the SIM CARD NOT VALID message appears.

Waiting for your reply.

TY,

Tiberiu

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
The message should say " This SIM card is from an unknown source!" and should be able to be dismissed and everything will work anyway.

There is no true SIM lock that requires a code based on the IMEI like a typical carrier locked GSM phone or previous VZW global capable phones have.

The ICS builds, once officially released, have global services enabled using the same string in the RF_BC_CONFIG_I NV Item that we have been using to enable GSM.

If you have a RAZR on 2.3.6 then you need to apply the NV edit to make it work.
If you flash to the latest leaked ICS build, it should all just work by default.

This only works for non US carriers for international GSM use.

There is still a separate lock on US GSM carriers that we need to find and disable if possible.

Hope this answers your questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDelta and tmhung

fulgerul

Dec 11, 2007
Thanks man, indeed it says "This SIM card is from an unknown source!"

Hope I will get the phone soon and manage to unlock it successfully :)

fulgerul

Dec 11, 2007
Back with news: got the phone, did a factory data reset (just to check the rumors that some XT912 aren't able to factory reset successfully) and activated the phone via the 4 fingers trick at android screen.

@cellzealot - phone runs on Android 2.3.6, baseband version CDMA_N_04.07.012R LTEDC_U_07.1F.00.

Because I come from the iPhone scene and I'm afraid to screw something by updating to ICS I would like to try first enabling GSM function using RF_BC_CONFIG_I NV Item.

Tried doing a search but didn't find anything helpful so I kindly ask you to give me some hints in applying the patch.

Thanks in advance and kind regards!

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1297714&page=3

Look at the bottom of that page for the last 2 posts by jimmydafish.

That explains how to use RadioComm to do the NV edit.
That is the fastest and easiest way to do it if you are willing to use proprietary service ware and have a PC with drivers installed etc.

If you want to use the zip files I made then you need to root the phone and install the Razr Bootstrap recovery and then run the zip file from there.

fulgerul

Dec 11, 2007
Thanks a lot, after a couple of failed attempts it worked like a charm!

So, if anyone tries on Win7 64bit - after installing RadioComm 11.12.2 you should install Motocast as well, otherwise drivers won't work.

I have one final question, since I read on other forums that users had no luck enabling GSM with ICS update : NV edit trick works also on ICS or just on GB?

Once again, many thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Same for D4.
    The message should say " This SIM card is from an unknown source!" and should be able to be dismissed and everything will work anyway.

There is no true SIM lock that requires a code based on the IMEI like a typical carrier locked GSM phone or previous VZW global capable phones have.

The ICS builds, once officially released, have global services enabled using the same string in the RF_BC_CONFIG_I NV Item that we have been using to enable GSM.

If you have a RAZR on 2.3.6 then you need to apply the NV edit to make it work.
    If you flash to the latest leaked ICS build, it should all just work by default.

This only works for non US carriers for international GSM use.

There is still a separate lock on US GSM carriers that we need to find and disable if possible.

Hope this answers your questions.
    Hello, I have a Motorola Droid Razr XT912 locked to Verizon and how to unlock this phone ?
    I bought a unlock code with its IMEI number and I don't know how to input this code !
    :(

I found this in cca 10 seconds.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAjJcpF4HGE
    Sorry.... In that case i dont know why does he mentions lte in that video... :-/
    912 doesn't behave same?

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    I'm so sorry guy! This video clip is talking about XT910. XT912 is a CDMA phone :(

It's the same unlocking method to xt912 and xt910..Buy your code.

Thanks

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk