Case feed back

Search This thread

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
I wish BodyGlove made a case for the SGS II similar to their Mirage case for the Captivate. I still think that was the best case out there. It was not a lint magnet, it was easy to remove, it didn't stretch/sag even after numerous times taking it off and putting it back on and it kept the slim feel of the phone.
Agreed I purchased mine the day I bought my Cappy (2 years ago). While I now have the SG 2 for the second time I cannot find a comparable replacement for the Bodyglove! I recently bought the same case for my sons infuse.

PS the one on my Cappy still looks as good as the day I bought it:)

danny1oh

Oct 10, 2011
Monterey
One of the appeals of this phone is the slim form factor. I used a very thin case from tpu-cases. It seemed to do the protection job and was the thinnest I could find. However, it still was too thick for my liking. So now I'm back to no case. The S II is the most beautiful without a case imho.

shorty920

Sep 5, 2010
I got the Case-Mate Tough case a month ago when I got my sgs2. So far I've really liked it. Its kind of like the casemate pop but slightly less bulky. Its perfect for what I need it for. It has two layers of protection, feels great in the hand, looks nice, fits VERY well n snug, and overall an awesome case that I got for $15 shipped new on Amazon.

Some pros would be
- hard to get on so if u like swapping cases every other day it could be annoying
- the silicon part attracts white powder n lint
- headphone Jack doesn't line up perfectly but it shouldn't hinder anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

Reactions: SAN93

oddspec

Sep 28, 2011
palm bay
Google Pixel 7
blue and black balistic case is what i use 18 bucks on amazon may be bulky but its a lifesaver specially since i bought my phone off contract full price

Xander_25

Jan 4, 2012
Patience Hill
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
What case would you guys recommend for protection, not too bulky but also looks stylish?

Don't know about stylish, but I care a great deal about protection for my device. I spent a lot of cash and can't afford to damage it. I bought the Otterbox Commuter for mine, and I can attest to its durability and protection for the device. I've dropped my cellie at least six (6) times since I've gotten it, one of those including a 4 foot accidental fling across my bedroom while fixing the sheets on my bed, ending in a solid smack on the wall on the opposite side. My phone still works as it should and I have had no problems.
Looks should not be your priority imo, functionality and protection should be, but then that's just me. You can follow this link to see the otterbox case.

http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-SAM-I777X-20-E4OTR-Commuter-Series-Samsung/dp/B0062HISFY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334553276&sr=8-1

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

One of the appeals of this phone is the slim form factor. I used a very thin case from tpu-cases. It seemed to do the protection job and was the thinnest I could find. However, it still was too thick for my liking. So now I'm back to no case. The S II is the most beautiful without a case imho.

And more prone to damage without protection. I dropped mine a couple days after receipt. Good thing it was just a foot or so. I know it's a pretty solid device, but I'd rather not take any chances. Just my two cents.;)

afrojoc

Feb 18, 2011
Moore, OK
Don't know about stylish, but I care a great deal about protection for my device. I spent a lot of cash and can't afford to damage it. I bought the Otterbox Commuter for mine, and I can attest to its durability and protection for the device. I've dropped my cellie at least six (6) times since I've gotten it, one of those including a 4 foot accidental fling across my bedroom while fixing the sheets on my bed, ending in a solid smack on the wall on the opposite side. My phone still works as it should and I have had no problems.
Looks should not be your priority imo, functionality and protection should be, but then that's just me. You can follow this link to see the otterbox case.

http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-SAM-...ISFY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334553276&sr=8-1

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

And more prone to damage without protection. I dropped mine a couple days after receipt. Good thing it was just a foot or so. I know it's a pretty solid device, but I'd rather not take any chances. Just my two cents.;)

I appreciate your opinon thank you. Ive considered the otter box case before but i want something flashy too. I have a regular tpu case and it does fine for me i guess. But im just bored of it being straight black. Its just boring..

afrojoc

Feb 18, 2011
Moore, OK
I ordered some kind of alternative otterbox case from amazon.

Its black and purple and i got it for $10. Its called something like Premium Hybrid Case

oddspec

Sep 28, 2011
palm bay
Google Pixel 7

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
Take a look at the Rearth Ringke case. Very nice slim form factor, good protection and very stylish. Look here for impressions and feedback: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1376899

I've had mine for months now and don't have one complaint. Very satisfied :)

I like mine too - only issue I've had is the bottom corners started to crack after about 3 months - I take the case off a lot to dock the phone and the on/off has taken a toll...but if I left it on all the time it would be perfect :)

afrojoc

Feb 18, 2011
Moore, OK
I ordered some kind of alternative otterbox case from amazon.

Its black and purple and i got it for $10. Its called something like Premium Hybrid Case

Just recieved this!

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Hybri...FWBW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335020532&sr=8-2

The capacative buttons on the body are very accessible even though the screen shot on amazon shows the slightly cover. The volume buttons and the power buttons are very easy to use. There also seems to be the necessary cut out for everything. Hell it even has a kick stand that works really well.

I havent tested how much of an impact it can endure but nor do i plan on testing that intentionally :D Only draw back I could see for some of you is that it does make the phone thicker, maybe a little over twice as thick. But this doesnt bother me as I love the sturdy feel and I feel like my baby is safe ;)

datnukkapenut187

Jun 16, 2008
uploadfromtaptalk1335024333283.jpgI just saw this on Google images. it really caught my eye, has anyone ever tried it?
*Just looked it up. in order for it to fit the battery cover needs to be removed for the i777.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Last edited:

ACCUSED24

Aug 14, 2010
Naugatuck, CT
Just got the i777 greatsheild case. When I first took it out I didn't think it was the good. Once it is on the phone. Feels great!

Power and volume rocker are a little stiff but I don't mind, someone else might.

Looks really nice. Doesn't add much weight to phone and keeps it very slim. The sides have a nice grip texture.

Over all, Im happy with it. :D
If people want to see pictures of it let me know .

-Jake

azn1684

Apr 23, 2012
I bought the Acase Superleggera PRO case (Amazon) and I absolutely love it! Its a dual layer case with silicon skin and a polycarbonate outer shell. The polycarbonate shell has a very nice matte feeling to it. For $9, this case is a steal!

jkf1983

Nov 28, 2010
Seidio active with the kickstand. Really like mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Evewon

Jan 21, 2012
Perfect case for me! Trident Aegis

I am a landscaper, and I really was looking for the case that would give me the best protection while working, and just in life. I got the Trident Aegis first, it seemed, like the best balance of bulk to protection. Then a few days latter, I got the Otterbox commuter. Owning them both, I can say that the Otterbox, can't hold a candle to the Aegis. Totally awesome, the silicon is twice as thick, and so is the abs plastic, it covers all the cracks and seams of the phone, the buttons are awesome, the Aegis even has a dust screen that covers the the speaker phone. Almost all the features I rambles off are absent from the Otterbox. I'm about to buy a second Aegis.

zxd3

Sep 6, 2010
Does anyone know of a case, where I can attach a phone strap b/c the i777 doesn't have one obviously.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BodyGlove

I wish BodyGlove made a case for the SGS II similar to their Mirage case for the Captivate. I still think that was the best case out there. It was not a lint magnet, it was easy to remove, it didn't stretch/sag even after numerous times taking it off and putting it back on and it kept the slim feel of the phone.
    I have the same case which is the case mate pop case. So far its been the best that I have tried. I've had it since I got my phone in October and the only thing I don't like is how it is starting to stretch a bit near the volume rocker and power button areas. It has the right amount of protection and isn't too big.

I second this. Its a great, simple, cheap case. It not bulky but it helps keep this thin phone from slipping out of your hand.
    Incipio NGP Case - SA-229 (Tip of the Day):

For the hard pressing button issue, I simply took a razor blade and trimmed the volume and power button bumpers out completely exposing both.

Recessed, but responsive and easily accessible.

**If you don't want to completely expose the buttons, take that same razor blade and just scour the recessed lines of the cover buttons. This will allow a bit more flexibility when pressing.
    I got the Case-Mate Tough case a month ago when I got my sgs2. So far I've really liked it. Its kind of like the casemate pop but slightly less bulky. Its perfect for what I need it for. It has two layers of protection, feels great in the hand, looks nice, fits VERY well n snug, and overall an awesome case that I got for $15 shipped new on Amazon.

Some pros would be
    - hard to get on so if u like swapping cases every other day it could be annoying
    - the silicon part attracts white powder n lint
    - headphone Jack doesn't line up perfectly but it shouldn't hinder anything.

I got the case mate pop from att. Didn't like it. Still sitting in my bag.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium