MHL with OTG?

Search This thread

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
Is there a way to run both cables? With a splitter of some sort maybe? I've searched amazon for a cable with no luck.
Anyone on XDA know of a way?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Nizda1

Nov 12, 2011
Nope, when I first got the phone when it came out in searched that answer out for months in hope. Finally I just bought a new controller which was why I wanted it. I lucked out and grabbed a ps3 controller from newegg new for 32.99. What exactly are you trying to setup? The one thing I can tell you won't work is trying to get say a keyboard hooked up otg and use the mhl adapter.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
I was hoping to hook up MHL and run a mouse actually. So I can control netflix and maybe a few games using the mouse on my tv.

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
Yeah, a Bluetooth mouse a keyboard work for me when using MHL.

I would like to do MHL and USB OTG for playing a flash drive files on the TV, instead of copying it over. But, a microSD card solved some f that.

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
Bluetooth didn't even come to mind for some reason haha, awesome idea! Thanks guys!

shinji257

I should mention for the storage bit that there are some apps that can mount samba (windows shared) folders and you can later access data using a media app and stream the data over the network.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Brazu

Aug 19, 2008
La Paz
Can't make it function

Hi guys I see that you are talking about MHL and OTG...and it seems you don't have probemlms with it on your i777.

On the contrary, I can't seem to make it work....When I plug a mouse, keybord or flash memory....NOTHING happens.

I already searched a lot....some people say it depends on the kernel (mine is Siyah 5.5.1)...some say it depends on the ROM (mine is AOKP 7.3)....I don't know which answer is correct......or maybe my OTG cable is faulty????.......

Please if you know something else that I can do to enable or anything....let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Nizda1

Nov 12, 2011
I believe you misunderstood, I explained you can use mhl and bluetooth mouse and or keyboard @ the same time. However that's not technically using MHL and otg cable.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium