Towelroot. Is it working on the G3?

Search This thread

BRPW

Jun 8, 2013
My internationa G3 isn't being rooted with Towel Root (d855)

8hMOQwZ.png

8hBfikP.png

Anything I'm doing wrong? Just installed it from the TR site, installed and clicked 'Make it rain'.

deshpandesh

Jan 22, 2015
I bought a new LG G3 d855 in Nov 14.Want to root it but am confused on proceeding as my phone is on lollipop and s/w version is v20f.Is there any method which I can try without bricking my device?:confused:

flashbandicoot

Aug 9, 2015
"This phone isn't currently supported"

Towelroot just tells me that my phone isn't supported when I try use it. I have a LG-D855K.
Anyone have a solution?

NatusVincere

May 24, 2015

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did someone try to root the G3 with Towelroot?

http://towelroot.com/

Just confirmed with my international D855 unit.
    Works flawlessly. Tested with Root checker and Titanium backup.

Still dazed as to how this works... possibly the fastest root method ever! :good:
    Towelroot installs busybox,stericsson, witch can't be uninstalled without recovery it seems. It still there after a factory reset.

Question. On the G2 you could put the phone in download mode and tell the lg tool to restore after a failure and it would download a new firmware and do a real factory reset, this doesn't seem to be working with the G3. Anyone got it to work?

LG have not released and/or updated their pc app for the g3 yet.

Sent from my LG G3
    Rooting has always voided warranty. .. There were just ways to return it to stock like it was never rooted.
    Not with my rooted phones - any that died or had faults have always been fixed under warranty - going right back to the 'Hero'. If I buy a brand name Windows PC, wipe the hard disk and install Linux, the manufacturer still has to honour their hardware warranty under EU law. Same with mobiles/phones/tablets.

Maybe North American consumer protection laws are not as good as those here in Europe.

For instance, in the EU we can return anything we buy via mail order for a full refund within 14 days for any reason under the 'distance selling' regulations. Goods bought in shops or via mail order also have to be of 'merchantable quality'. As it currently stands, EU customers could obtain a full refund for the LG G3 as it does not work reliably with the Google Chromecast. This is probably why Samsung fixed a similar problem with a software patch when some of their devices had the same problem.
    Sent from my SM-9500N using Tapatalk Pro.

If you find my post useful, a click on the 'thanks' is appreciated.
    Yes, it will. Even on the S5 without tripping KNOX. Just try it yourself, no risk involved. I haven`t tried it myself but i`am absolutely sure it will get you root.
    @up yes it should. But sometimes it doesn't even for d855. But most of the time it does.

Wysłane z mojego Lg G3 d855 3/32 gb