Android 4.0 ICS Stuff (Fonts/Wallpapers/Ringtones/ClockWidget/Apps)

Search This thread

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
Is there a way to turn Roboto font into an apk for non-rooted Galaxy SII owners ? :eek:

I don't think so mate. Even if there were, I don't have the proficiency to make one. If you are able to get Temp Root on your SII, you should be able to get the font files on your device via ADB. Details outlined here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10179694&postcount=637

EDIT: Scratch that, check the post below.

Just flashed the font on my CM7 nightly 220 or something like that with CWM 2.5 and it all worked great.

Just as a though, is there any way to go back to the previous font, besides restoring the backup?

It's going to need an undo package. (Or in other words, another Font flashable zip with the Stock Fonts). I'll have that up in a moment./ EDIT - It's up on the OP.

Last edited:

stuffynet

Aug 31, 2010
How did you change the appearance of the ring lockscreen? :D It looks like a revamped version of it.

THX

rajiga

Feb 1, 2011
I have changed the Font and rebooted but stuck at the booting animation for long time.

What to do now?

Update: Hurray ... it works. Removed the Battery and inserted again and tried. It worked. Font is looking good and neat. I use Nexus S (Rooted)

Last edited:

frenccw

Jun 15, 2011
Font looks good but looks cramped because of the lack of margin in between lines. I think they are configured differently in ICS. Experience from using whatsapp with the new font.

jrod1584

May 28, 2010
having trouble with font on sensation

im currently rooted running the dre beats audio rom. Im unfamiliar with installing fonts on htc devices. can anyone point in the right direction?

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
Font looks good but looks cramped because of the lack of margin in between lines. I think they are configured differently in ICS. Experience from using whatsapp with the new font.

I am not aware which device you are running, but WhatsApp looks just fine on my Wildfire. But, sure, these fonts may be configured differently on ICS. What we have here are just the TTF files of the font.

im currently rooted running the dre beats audio rom. Im unfamiliar with installing fonts on htc devices. can anyone point in the right direction?

There are lots of ways to go about it. (I would recommend you to take a ROM backup first though, so you have a way to go back in case something goes wrong)

- First, if you have a Custom Recovery like Clockworkmod, simply flash the Font file using your Custom Recovery
- Alternative Method 1 - Use ADB to push the fonts - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10179694&postcount=637
- Alternative Method 2 - Use Terminal Emulator - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10707146&postcount=735

A

AdderV

Font install using the file drop in /sdcard/.fontchanger folder and the Font Changer app worked fine on HTC Sensation Z710e. Smoooooth font.

Last edited:

macho386

Apr 28, 2010
Not sure if maybe I'm just not seeing it, but the only thing that seems to change is the clock on the unlock screen. Everything else just kinda stays the same. I compared the fonts to my brother-in-law's stock Galaxy S Epic and they're the same. Am I missing something? Using Samsung Vibrant running CM7.1 stable.

~ Paul

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
Not sure if maybe I'm just not seeing it, but the only thing that seems to change is the clock on the unlock screen. Everything else just kinda stays the same. I compared the fonts to my brother-in-law's stock Galaxy S Epic and they're the same. Am I missing something? Using Samsung Vibrant running CM7.1 stable.

~ Paul

The difference is subtle, to say literally, but, the actual difference appears huge, atleast for me. (Not sure that came out right, so I'll post a before <> after pic for comparison).

The pic on the left is before, and the one on the right is after.

JzU7D.png
YlLd7.png

Here's another example. (Focus on the date below the time - You should be able to clearly see the difference)

zKLCH.png
veFH5.png

But since you say the Lockscreen Clock's font changed, I am assuming the fonts did install correctly, as intended. But, in any case, I would recommend trying to install again.

Last edited:

macho386

Apr 28, 2010
The difference is subtle, to say literally, but, the actual difference appears huge, atleast for me. (Not sure that came out right, so I'll post a before <> after pic for comparison).

The pic on the left is before, and the one on the right is after.

Here's another example. (Focus on the date below the time - You should be able to clearly see the difference)

But since you say the Lockscreen Clock's font changed, I am assuming the fonts did install correctly, as intended. But, in any case, I would recommend trying to install again.
Yeah, I see it now. And your're right. Subtle is definitely an understatement. :)

Thanks for such a fast and awesome response! Long Live Android!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I checked the Live Blog of today's event, and I loved the new fonts Google has designed for ICS, called Roboto. I just had to get it. :p

I grabbed the system dump, and here's a flashable Zip for the fonts. Tested on CM7, should work on all ROMs. (Sense not tested). Nandroid backup before flashing, just in case. (Update - Attached the Flashable Stock Font Pack as well. In case something goes wrong, or, you simply need the old fonts back)

Also managed to find the wallpapers and ringtones attaching them. (Not resized, but I believe you are upto it). Wallpapers is not a Flashable Zip. Just a simple zip with the images.

Fonts (Related Attachments - FontPack-Roboto_E2.zip, FontPack-STOCK.zip)

- The Clock Widget in the screenshots (This, and for the Wallpapers Actual Preview is Simi Clock Widget)

veFH5.png
    qarhQ.png
    YlLd7.png

FAQ's:

Q: The font didn't apply? There are no changes?
    A: Firstly, make sure the font genuinely has not applied. The difference is pretty subtle, so, it is possible to miss it. First, check the lockscreen clock font. if it has still not applied, you probably have to try an alternate method to install these. Here is a before/after pic for comparison between the fonts.
    Comparison Case 1
    Before | After

Comparison Case 2
    Before | After

Q: The flashable Zip did not work
    A: Firstly, in case your phone hangs / bootloops, try again. There are quite a few members for whom this zip worked in the 2nd attempt. Fortunately, there are a ton of other ways to install fonts. Assuming you did not get into a bootloop, you can try one of these methods:
    - Font Changer App from the Market
    - ADB
    - Terminal Emulator

Q: What about Non-root GS1/ GS2 users?
    A: You are going to have to create a Flipfont APK file for the same in that case. The method is posted here.
    In case you just want the readymade APK, it is available here. (Check the complete thread before installing)

=================================================

Wallpapers (Related Attachments - ICS WP.zip)

Preview

SvpeD.png

Actual Wallpapers Preview:
    wzYfB.png
    yiIlh.png
    qQMi0.png

Ringtones (Related Attachments - ICS_Ringtones.zip (Non-Flashable), ICS_Audio.zip (Flashable))

In one word, they are disappointing, but, they can be found here. (It is a flashable zip, created by lordmorphous at the Streak Forums. Just directly linking the file here)

In case you do not prefer a flashable zip for the Ringtones, the simple zip with the ringtones included can be found attached.

Analog Clock Widget (Related Attachments - ICSAnalogClock_1.0.apk, AnimatedICS_Clock.apk (With seconds hand))

Install like a normal APK File.

Screenshot:
    WU3aD.png

If you would like to have an animated seconds hand along with the same clock, refer this post. Again, install like a normal APK.

Applications

There are just 3 at the moment, and it seems the others won't be coming so soon. Of the three, two work well on the Wildfire. Dedicated threads for the ICS Apps can be seen below:

Music 4.0.1 (Doesn't work) - Here. To download the APK, head here
    Google+ 2.0.1 - Here
    Market 3.2.0 - Here

Enjoy :)
    Why the font's name is not Roboto? It is DroidSans.

The existing font on your handset is called Droidsans, and any new font must carry the same name in order to replace it successfully. Which is why, any font you use has to be named DroidSans.ttf. (The clock font Clockopia.ttf, the bold one as DroidSans-Bold.ttf and so on)

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Correction. It looks like the font is installed everywhere except the clock on my lockscreen. I am running cm 7.1. How do I fix the clock font?

First download Font changer from market, make sure u download FontPack_Roboto_E2 from the beginning of this thread. Go to FontPack_Roboto_E2 zip click into it copy fonts folder and place it into the fontchanger folder thats on the root of your sd, Open font changer app click advanced click clocktopia then click fonts and apply clocktopia.ttf and do the same for droidsans-bold.ttf and droidsans.ttf and reboot enjoy...
    Woot I love bootloops.
    Nice! I hope we can get a ICS port started soon.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App