[DEV/LEAK] ICS for A501

Search This thread

ubutnux

May 21, 2010
bandung
mine stuck at acer logo after flashing the ROM. and the previous page thread, mentioning due to different boot loader.

So you haven't flash ics bootloader yet?

Here's my terminal output
Code:
app_58@android:/ $ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
app_58@android:/ $ mount
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /system ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 /system/vendor ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/fuse /mnt/sdcard fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/external_sd vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
app_58@android:/ $ su
app_58@android:/ # mount -o remount, rw /system/
app_58@android:/ # mount
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /system ext4 rw,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 /system/vendor ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/fuse /mnt/sdcard fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/external_sd vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
app_58@android:/ #

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk 2

galapogos01

May 9, 2008
Ubuntnux, have you done anything other than install the ICS bootloader and the .zip? As you can see my terminal output is very different with the loop fs at the end etc.

I've found another prob with this rom - standby power usage. 80% battery in 19 hours :-( Can't tell what's causing it, but it won't go into deep sleep.

screenshot2012042209012.png

screenshot2012042209024.png

screenshot2012042209030.png

Hopefully someone can work this out soon because going back to HC would suck!

ubutnux

May 21, 2010
bandung
Flash full zip from vache then nvflash patched ics bootloader

On this leak (also other a501 ics room) wifi does not turn off mobile data usage, and from your screenshot you lost your mobile signal. Losing mobile signal does take more batteries.

The only problem on this leak is when the tablet wake up from long deep sleep we lost mobile data, and the only way to fix this is to reboot

Reactions: mr.bryce

morehertz

Nov 5, 2007
I just moved from the Alexandra ROM to this. It's fantastic. Aside some anomalous high battery usage I'm investigating, everything appears to work, apps run smoothly, I'm very impressed.

Thanks vache!!

JPM

Dec 26, 2004
Hi,

first thanks to all who made this possible!

Does anybody else have the problem that the rear camera isn´t working?

My config: A501 original HC EMEA_CUST7, now I flashed the A501_ICS.zip with the ICS bootloader as described in this thread here, came from Moscow´s HC Alexandra III with BL 3.0.1

Last edited:

shadow147

Jul 14, 2011
Flash full zip from vache then nvflash patched ics bootloader

On this leak (also other a501 ics room) wifi does not turn off mobile data usage, and from your screenshot you lost your mobile signal. Losing mobile signal does take more batteries.

The only problem on this leak is when the tablet wake up from long deep sleep we lost mobile data, and the only way to fix this is to reboot

I have the same problem with mobile data... +1

Reactions: mr.bryce

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
where do i find this bootloader? i just flash the ics zip via cwm downloaded from 1st post. i think the current ICS from lightspeed changed the boot-loader.

edit: i still have CWM. any suggestion?

The A501 ICS Zip IIRC is set to not overwrite the recovery image (if you flashed the zips in the OP then CWM would be overwritten)

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

|DM|

Dec 15, 2011
Ubuntnux, have you done anything other than install the ICS bootloader and the .zip? As you can see my terminal output is very different with the loop fs at the end etc.

I've found another prob with this rom - standby power usage. 80% battery in 19 hours :-( Can't tell what's causing it, but it won't go into deep sleep.

screenshot2012042209012.png

screenshot2012042209024.png

screenshot2012042209030.png

Hopefully someone can work this out soon because going back to HC would suck!

I think that it's a 3G bug related maybe

because on Thor CM9 v158 there are the same issue

OR a widget bug?

ubutnux

May 21, 2010
bandung
same thing happens in all 3g ics rom (thor, aosp, leak)

try conserving battery by entering airplane mode. loosing mobile data connection does take more battery. see screenshot below, the flat part is when the tablet enter air plane mode

attachment.php

Attachments

• screen_20120423_0058.jpg
    screen_20120423_0058.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,207

|DM|

Dec 15, 2011
mm anyway, as on my i9003, I think that it's normal TO see awake time when display is off, but only if it's for little time

today my a501 was up for 1 hour with display off

galapogos01

May 9, 2008
Yes the awake time is due to 3g issue. Radio log is full of errors from that point onwards.

Trying Wake lock Power Manager from market to see if preventing deep sleep fixes 3g issue.

Hopefully fixed in another leak soon :)

ebonikeys

Jan 23, 2011
No, not really.

My first attempt, I decrypted and pulled the update.zips, renaming them to update_1.zip, 2, 3, and 4. (you have to decrypt and pull the update from all of them, as the original formats won't work)

Not sure what the heck happened, but more errors than you could count starting with number 1 (on 3.2.1). Blew away the whole system (red boot verified fail). Think it blew away every Devblk I had! :confused:

TimmyDeans EUU method wouldn't take official CUID number, So had to NV Flash in APX mode the ICS patched bootloader/recovery. Then I could install my CM9 build. Acer recovery (although you can't update it for some reason) as I like RA Recovery.

Running the same 1,2,3,4 .zip files, the first 2 installed fine (random offset, and prior install log errors, no biggie)

#3 and 4 recieved error 7. Immediately shut down tab. Pulled the 3 and 4 updates from the decrypted files, renamed to update_3 and update_4, deleted the 2 from sd and copied again.

Boot to recovery, installed 3 and 4 (NO WIPES). Same offset errors and install log errors, but when finished it booted fine.

Note that I used my SD card reader on PC to copy files till the OS was up and running.

So pull your update.zips again from the decrypted files again. Should work.

i have the same issue, 1st update was succesfull and when I flashed the 2nd it had the same error.. Im trying to follow what u did, rebooted my tab in order to rename then I got stuck on the acer logo screen saying:

erasing cache before sd update
SD update cmd: recovery
--update_package=SDcard:update zip

Recovery verified failed - :(

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
i have the same issue, 1st update was succesfull and when I flashed the 2nd it had the same error.. Im trying to follow what u did, rebooted my tab in order to rename then I got stuck on the acer logo screen saying:

erasing cache before sd update
SD update cmd: recovery
--update_package=SDcard:update zip

Recovery verified failed - :(

Just run the NV Flash again and install the ICS Bootloader and recovery. This will get recovery back. It sounds like the stock bootloader mus have gotten installed, as it is in the first update file for 3.2. In my case, the thing messed up from the beginning. Then after NV Flash, it failed on the third (I am guessing no bootloader???) That's probably how I could do it like I did. Who knows.

Anyhow, you can do the NV Flash again, then run Vache's install.

HooeyBooey

Oct 30, 2010
Moscow I couldn't help notice your new sig, "Iconia 501, Moscow Desire Alexandra IV ICS, Kernel Stock"

When do we get to see this lovely new ROM of yours?

Top Liked Posts