[MOD] EXTRA VOLUME BOOST (Increase internal/external speaker and headphone volume)

Search This thread

tanoxxx

Feb 10, 2010
Florence
Hi Guys,

i wanna share wiht the community one useful mod that our great @ZeroInfinity have maked at my request:

2qdn9tw.jpg

INFO:
This mod can be used on Sony stock Rom based and on all Aosp Rom.. it will Increase internal/external speaker and headphone volume of your XZ...

THE MOD CAN WORK ON THIS DEVICE:
See Here

INSTALLATION:
Make shure do you have a working custom recovery, CWM or TWRP, download the mod and flash it by recovery..

Before try this mod make a nandroid backup, in this way if you dont like the mod you can restore the backup..

DOWNLOAD MOD FOR AOSP ROM:
EXTRA VOLUME BOOST Or Here

DOWNLOAD MOD FOR SONY FIRMWARE ROM:

EXTRA VOLUME BOOST SUPERLOUD VERSION * Or Here
* EXTRA VOLUME BOOST SUPERLOUD VERSION IS A REALY REALLY REALLY LOUD VERSION OF THIS MOD!
ME AND ZEROINFINITY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGED SPEAKERS OR HEARING IMPAIRMENT! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

RESET VOLUME BACK TO STOCK VALUES:
Make This or This

SPECIAL CREDITS :
Really Really Really Thanks at our @ZeroInfinity, creator of this mod...

ENJOY ;)

ATTENTION:
This mod could break your speaker..if always use the volume up at maximum level and if the audio file you play is just louder by default..
Do you use this mod at your own risk..
No one will be responsible if you break your speaker..

Last edited:

Xuantocdo

May 25, 2013
Thank you so much :good:

Can you make patch to reset volume back to stock value? :)

Last edited:

tanoxxx

Feb 10, 2010
Florence

im glad you like it :)

for revert back to stock value Replace the file called "snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3" inside system -> etc -> snd_soc_msm with the original one of the rom you have (if you have just applied the mod for to get the original file re-download the rom and take the file from it ) :good:

Last edited:

tanoxxx

Feb 10, 2010
Florence
Update the first post, add:

Here

Here

Thanks again Zero for That :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DoO37

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
Does it work for Xperia S JB?

Do that and say goodbye to booting rom...

The file is the main configuration file for audio. Mixing with different phones means you have wrong configuration which will cause your devices to not boot.

Any files in snd_soc_msm cannot be universal due to everyone having different hardware and software.

Swiped from my Super fast XPERIA Z C6603 powered by EXCELSUS Z ROM

djsnoopyxxl

Mar 18, 2012
I have test it and for me is the ext. Speaker to loud.
The Sound is to heavy and not nice.

With the Headphones is it ok.

I will see to make a mod only for Headphones.

@ ZeroInfinity.......did have see a bug in my Lockscreen?

Last edited:

djsnoopyxxl

Mar 18, 2012
For aosp rom all volume are perfect..
If you don't like the sound you can put down the volume and use the equalizer..

I am on stock rom. :)

I could only say what i can hear.

And that is that the musik is to loud on ext. Speaker.

When i go to 80% of the loudness, the speaker vibrates.
When i go to 100% my ZL vibrates

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

i wanna share wiht the community one useful mod that our great @ZeroInfinity have maked at my request:

2qdn9tw.jpg

INFO:
    This mod can be used on Sony stock Rom based and on all Aosp Rom.. it will Increase internal/external speaker and headphone volume of your XZ...

THE MOD CAN WORK ON THIS DEVICE:
    See Here

INSTALLATION:
    Make shure do you have a working custom recovery, CWM or TWRP, download the mod and flash it by recovery..

Before try this mod make a nandroid backup, in this way if you dont like the mod you can restore the backup..

EXTRA VOLUME BOOST SUPERLOUD VERSION * Or Here
    * EXTRA VOLUME BOOST SUPERLOUD VERSION IS A REALY REALLY REALLY LOUD VERSION OF THIS MOD!
    ME AND ZEROINFINITY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGED SPEAKERS OR HEARING IMPAIRMENT! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

RESET VOLUME BACK TO STOCK VALUES:
    Make This or This

SPECIAL CREDITS :
    Really Really Really Thanks at our @ZeroInfinity, creator of this mod...

ENJOY ;)

ATTENTION:
    This mod could break your speaker..if always use the volume up at maximum level and if the audio file you play is just louder by default..
    Do you use this mod at your own risk..
    No one will be responsible if you break your speaker..

Hmm ok here's me nd my friends test with this mod!

Xperia Z=works
    Xperia ZL=works
    Xperia SP=works
    Xperia L=not working
    Xperia T=works
    Xperia V=works
    Xperia TX=not working
    Xperia S=not working
    Xperia SL=not working
    Xperia arc=not working
    Xperia acro s=not working
    Xperia Ion=not working
    Xperia P=not working
    Xperia Sola=not working
    Xperia U=not working
    Xperia Go=not working
    Xperia J=not working

We tested on these devices nd got results!
    Make sure that they are all on at least android 4.1 and have a Qualcomm processor (snd_soc_msm is ONLY loaded from android 4.1+ with a Qualcomm chip or maybe other chips use this as well).

Most phones will be incompatible because many phones have different snd_soc_msm files which are VITAL for sound lol so it can either cause non booting phones or corrupted audio (e.g no sound)

Look in my PureXAudio thread for the stock volume patch :)
    I pulled the original file from a Yuga (Xperia Z) 4.4.2 ROM and applied @ZeroInfinity's tweaks.

The original 'Stock' mod posted in the OP has different device names and is missing some other config setting's from stock 4.4.2

I've attached my new 4.4.2 based tweak
    Thermonuclear Xtreme Xp0eria Z/ZL Volume Boost

I wanted to make sure I thoroughly tested this mod before making it available to everybody. After a day of tooling around with it, everything appears A-OK, so get ready to rock!

First off:
    I assume no responsibility for hearing loss and/or device damage due due to prolonged or intense audio exposure. It's your freedom, but also your risk. After testing this mod on my Xperia ZL C6503, I have incurred no device damage, but your experience may differ. Above all else, use common sense.
    Secondly, use this mod ONLY on a Sony Xperia Z or ZL. Installing this on any other model or device is asking for serious trouble.

Let's get to it:
    What you'll need:
    *This config file. (***DO NOT TRY FLASHING THIS FILE PER THE ZEROINFINITY MOD!!!*** It is the zipped configuration file ONLY without the flashing script.)

*Rooted phone.
    *Root Explorer App.
    ***Do not try to flash this file as in the ZeroInfinity mod. It is NOT a flashable zip.
    1. Copy this file to your SD card to a location where you can find it.
    2. Open Root Explorer, navigate to where you placed the file, and copy it. You should now see a "Paste" optionat the bottom of your screen. Leave that alone for now.
    Navigate into /system/etc/snd_soc_msm. Tap the button on the top of your screen, "Mount R/W".
    3. Rename the existing "snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3" to something like "old_snd_soc_2x_fusion3_old".
    4. Paste the new snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 file.
    5. Long-tap on the new file, go to "Permissions". Tick all three boxes in the first column, only the top box in the second column, and none of the boxes in the last column should be checked. Click "Ok". File permissions should now be "rw-r--r--".
    6. Long-tap again, and scroll down the list to "Change Owner". Change owner to "0-root". Click "Ok."
    7.Tap the button on the top of the screen, "Mount R/O". Exit Root Explorer.
    8. I like to clear the apps cache at this point. I'm not sure that's really necessary, but it couldn't hurt. Reboot your phone.
    9. ****IMPORTANT**** TAKE ALL COMMON SENSE PRECAUTIONS WHEN TRYING OUT THE NEW LOUD VOLUME. Headphones/Earpiece OFF your head, set volume low at first, "test the waters" first before going all out. The volume on this one CAN be quite loud.
    10. Enjoy rocking out!
    11. (as in volume 11) Mash that thanks button if you like it!

Unzip this file. DO NOT FLASH IT!!!!---->