Search This thread

jdkoren

Jan 4, 2011
Silicon Valley
I went into Terminal Emulator and typed
Code:
su
bootanimation
. . . just to see if it would play, and it did! But now I can't make it stop. Only things I can do are turn the screen off and on again, or hold the back button to kill Terminal Emulator ("Stop app via long-press" feature in CM7). Is there a way to make the bootanimation stop so that I just go back to Terminal Emulator?

neidlinger

Aug 30, 2010
Cincinnati
I went into Terminal Emulator and typed
Code:
su
bootanimation
. . . just to see if it would play, and it did! But now I can't make it stop. Only things I can do are turn the screen off and on again, or hold the back button to kill Terminal Emulator ("Stop app via long-press" feature in CM7). Is there a way to make the bootanimation stop so that I just go back to Terminal Emulator?

From with in the Terminal Emulator no.

If you use the ADB commands you can press and hold Control and tap C.

Nicgraner

Dec 14, 2010
Dripping Springs
Lol I didn't know you could do that and so tried and ssame result battery pull fixed it though royalginger 1.6

Sent from my HTC Glaciee using XDA Premium App

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
Messing with terminal like this is not a good idea. You can mess somethint up and even brick yourself so hard.

I know first hand when I messed up on a line or the command in terminal when pushing a custom splash.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

jdkoren

Jan 4, 2011
Silicon Valley
Messing with terminal like this is not a good idea. You can mess somethint up and even brick yourself so hard.

I know first hand when I messed up on a line or the command in terminal when pushing a custom splash.
Your concern is appreciated, but this statement is somewhat over-exaggerated and will likely frighten some of the n00bs out there who aren't familiar with terminals and shell commands. I'm not flashing a bootloader or anything nearly as invasive, I'm just playing the bootanimation without actually rebooting the phone. If I mistype the command, it's simply going to tell me it's an invalid command. There is really nothing to be worried about here.

Nicgraner

Dec 14, 2010
Dripping Springs

I know first hand also. my victim (G1) still sits next to my mt3g waiting to be unbricked someday

neidlinger

Aug 30, 2010
Cincinnati
Your concern is appreciated, but this statement is somewhat over-exaggerated and will likely frighten some of the n00bs out there who aren't familiar with terminals and shell commands. I'm not flashing a bootloader or anything nearly as invasive, I'm just playing the bootanimation without actually rebooting the phone. If I mistype the command, it's simply going to tell me it's an invalid command. There is really nothing to be worried about here.

If you go into your ADB commands and type

Code:
adb shell
bootanimation

it will bring up the phones boot animation. You are not flashing anything nor are you tampering with any of the /system or the /bin files.

To get out of it just simply hold the Control button and tap C on the keyboard.

seriously nothing can go wrong with those commands.

VibrantOwnr

Oct 1, 2010
try this:

hold the power button, the volume down key, and the trackpad button

just tested...it works

great for people who have heavy duty cases such as otterbox and trident

Last edited:
Reactions: davidhooper4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try this:

hold the power button, the volume down key, and the trackpad button

just tested...it works

great for people who have heavy duty cases such as otterbox and trident