Fantastic prime news re wi-fi/gps issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Lock-N-Load

Aug 25, 2010
Under Your Skin
On a more serious note, lets hope that this being revealed before officially being approved doesn't mess things up for us prime owners. There are very important obvious reasons this never was announced yet. The way this news was talked about to be kept under wraps, I can almost guareentee that guy Hai might get in trouble over this. They really wanted to surprise everyone with this once approved. Legal reasons involved also more than likely.

while its cool to think we know now, it can still be easily retracted as it was never official. I just hope that guy doesn't lose his job over this. or gets demoted..lol. and changes things regarding this announcement for us. This won't be taken lightly by Asus. Believe it. SMH

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE OP! lmfaooooo.

I would ask.. what have you done... your the insider who confirmed what was just a rumor. I'd say you did the real damage by getting in here ASAP and confirming it and talking it up.

Bad demandarin Bad demandarin

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
I knew you were in on it and said as much weeks ago... See, being the endless Asus cheerleader has it's perks

I'll take a dongle over the stupid **** I have seen people do here with guitar wire and duct take and beer cans.

hey hey now...lmfao. trust me I really wanted to tell people but had to keep my word on not revealing it.

I can't stop laughing at the op actually posting all this info up as it was never was supposed to be released till approved.

I think we may have seen Hai last days as an Asus employee...ah man..this is too funny. if anything op should've left the guy name out of it. the proof is already here on what Asus employee leaked info. They do like apple does. anyone who works for apple or at apple store that leaks any info or talks about future products gets fired..lol.

lets hope this can turn into a good thing for Asus and get good publicity from this. I will be rolling if i check my pulse tech news feeds and see the story on this. too funny. I think Hai won't be revealing anymore info anytime soon...lmfao

tylermaciaszek

Jul 1, 2011
Selden
I'm still going to doubt the truth that demandarian is on the Asus testing team, not to start a war up in here, but why would Asus choose someone here to test out their secret project doesn't make sense.
Although if he is that's really cool and good for him. Could go either way.

Reactions: safarigirl

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
I would ask.. what have you done... your the insider who confirmed what was just a rumor. I'd say you did the real damage by getting in here ASAP and confirming it and talking it up.

there's no disputing an actual quote for quote email..time stamped and everything. cat was already out the bag. plus I'm good anyways ;)

alot of that Hai guy emails has been posted up here by different members.

Last edited:

faxmonkey

Aug 8, 2007
I still have a few weeks to return my iPad. If they fix the wifi/quality issues I'm game for another go at it.

n8mack33

Oct 7, 2007
I still have a few weeks to return my iPad. If they fix the wifi/quality issues I'm game for another go at it.

Ditto, while I suppose this is nice I care more about the Wifi issues. Mine is not too bad, but the BT/Wifi is not usable, which sucks when I want to watch Netflix with my awesome LG BT headphones.

Lock-N-Load

Aug 25, 2010
Under Your Skin
I'm still going to doubt the truth that demandarian is on the Asus testing team, not to start a war up in here, but why would Asus choose someone here to test out their secret project doesn't make sense.

Why? Why? Really you asked that?

There is no better guy for it than demandarin as he is the XDA/Asus official head cheerleader liaison.

I 100% believe, no doubt in my mind demandarin is in the inner Asus circle on this. You pay a company compliments enough, defend them enough, you get a spot on the team. He just worked the system, can't hate on that aspect of it. :D

junrider

Jan 10, 2012
well the cat is out of the bag now. I can confirm this also. was supposed to be a secret..lmfao

I'm one of the people Asus has testing it out ;)

The dongle is very cool though. very minimalistic and made to look like part of the prime.

Wanna snap some pictures of the dongle and the satellites locks with and without the dongle?:D

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009

Trust me, he is definitely NOT lying. Really bad that this was told by an employee though, who should of known better :confused:

shinzz

Dec 18, 2011
Interesting, GPS dongle. I purchased Bluetooth GPS already.. but bleh.. GPS dongle. So, this is Asus's solution to GPS problem. Wonder how they will distribute the GPS dongle & will the be included in future Transformer Prime?

Also, if you were to test... isn't the ideal test group be those who purchased Transformer Prime to use the GPS feature? That part is rather odd....

Either way.. interesting. Wonder how that GPS lawsuit is going..
Btw, this news/announcement will upset many people who were anxiously waiting for the news based on all the hype & "marketing" that was done by few individuals.

Oh, and on final note...
Can't fix a damn H/W issue with S/W... ahem.

Edit: Also, would rather see Hai Trat in this forum over Gary Key.

Reactions: safarigirl

NeoMagus

Mar 3, 2010
East Coast
So what do we do if we already registered our Prime on the site? Just wait for Gary's announcement I'm guessing. I use GPS2Bluetooth now so if this will help and its free I definitely want it.

wynand32

Jan 2, 2008
If this is the big news i'm going to super disappointed
FIX THE WIFI not the GPS.
Fools

And here we go...

ASUS will have fixed the #1 "OHMYGOD ASUS I want what you sold me how dare you just remove GPS from the marketing give me what I paid for!!!!!" issue, and people will complain that something else wasn't done instead.

If this turns out to be true, and it seems legit, then I think ASUS will have come up with an elegant solution to a problem. They'll have demonstrated some serious good faith in resolving customer issues, and nobody--and I mean NOBODY--can continue to accuse them of all of the nefarious practices people on this forum have accused them of.

As far as wifi goes, did you read the entire message? It looks like they've made progress on recent units, and have probably identified a means to improve wifi reception. So, they're working on that, for real, as well. Again, demonstrating that they're really working hard to make customers happy, which is about all we can ask for from a company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To: joplin_gl
    Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2012 10:21 AM
    Subject: RE: Transformer Prime Concerns Case #1654881

Dear Gregory,
    I just received an update regarding the Prime’s GPS functionality.
    We will be releasing a dongle shortly that will address the GPS function and be a fully usable GPS that will lock onto many satellites and keep their lock with wi-fi active.
    If you choose to purchase another Prime unit we will send a the GPS dongle to you to address the GPS locks.:cool:
    This is to keep you informed on making your purchase decision on picking up another Prime. I do hope we can keep you as a customer.
    Thanks,
    Hai Trat
    JR. Technical Product Manager

Inspiring Innovation.Persistent Perfection

To: joplin_gl@yahoo.ca
    Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2012 10:36 AM

Dear Gregory,
    Also to update the wi-fi.* I have been testing our newer versions of our Primes over the last week and they are getting better signal strength with the wi-fi.* Wifi will vary depending on routers being used and the router settings.* I can tell you there is a definite improvement in wifi transfers and speed on the newer batches that I have.* I have been doing side by side comparisons with the TF101 and Prime with my RT-N13U router.* They are very close in performance now and I could not distinguish difference albeit very minor ones in transfer rates on both the units.* So this area has also been improved with our newer release Primes.* :cool:
    Let me know if you have any more questions as I can be your direct contact for communication on making your new Prime purchase a good one.
    Thanks,
    Hai Trat
    JR. Technical Product Manager

NEW NEWS :cool:

To: joplin_gl
    Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2012 3:42 PM

Dear Gregory,

GPS dongle will be provided for free when it arrives. ETA is mid April for this and we are setting up a process for it. We will inform you once the process is complete and the dongles here.

It will look similar to the hinge from the dock. Where it will be a flush fit on the bottom of the unit if held in landscape matching the color of your Prime chassis.

For the Wfi,

I don’t have much info on Staples distribution process. I will have to see if the new ones will still be arriving at a Staples store with the sales team. I will check on this to see what information I can find out for you.

If you however do find a new batch of TF201 Primes. Please look for C3… version or higher. For instance serial number will be displayed on a label outside the box such as C3OKAS123456. These are improved on the wifi from the ones we have tested. This should be universal on all of the skus. Meaning 32GB or 64GB will have the update already since it is newer iterations of the units.

RIGHT ON:cool:
    >Hey demandarin, since you have been testing it does it affect the wifi?

DEMANDARIN

cat-picture-bag-8.jpg

No...No...Don't Ask Me Anything More! I'm Still in the Bag! You Can't Really See Me!
    If this is the big news i'm going to super disappointed
    FIX THE WIFI not the GPS.
    Fools

And here we go...

ASUS will have fixed the #1 "OHMYGOD ASUS I want what you sold me how dare you just remove GPS from the marketing give me what I paid for!!!!!" issue, and people will complain that something else wasn't done instead.

If this turns out to be true, and it seems legit, then I think ASUS will have come up with an elegant solution to a problem. They'll have demonstrated some serious good faith in resolving customer issues, and nobody--and I mean NOBODY--can continue to accuse them of all of the nefarious practices people on this forum have accused them of.

As far as wifi goes, did you read the entire message? It looks like they've made progress on recent units, and have probably identified a means to improve wifi reception. So, they're working on that, for real, as well. Again, demonstrating that they're really working hard to make customers happy, which is about all we can ask for from a company.
    On a more serious note, lets hope that this being revealed before officially being approved doesn't mess things up for us prime owners. There are very important obvious reasons this never was announced yet. The way this news was talked about to be kept under wraps, I can almost guareentee that guy Hai might get in trouble over this. They really wanted to surprise everyone with this once approved. Legal reasons involved also more than likely.

while its cool to think we know now, it can still be easily retracted as it was never official. I just hope that guy doesn't lose his job over this. or gets demoted..lol. and changes things regarding this announcement for us. This won't be taken lightly by Asus. Believe it. SMH

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE OP! lmfaooooo.