my xoom is bricked. Starting RSD mode 3

Search This thread

e493956170

Apr 24, 2011
:(

what a sad day.what a 600 dollars brick .

my xoom is stuck at starting rsd mode 3 . i think i can do nothing without send it to moto for help or anybody can help me ?

dilirum

Jun 6, 2007
Anchorage
Anybody know how to get past an "Starting RSD mode 3" message? I'm kinda in the same boat. I can't get fastboot to load, nor ADB. Am I screwed?

Nighte

Jan 24, 2010
If you just bought it, you can bring it back and claim it didn't work out of the box :p

Jeff1969

Mar 7, 2011
I sent mine back to moto and the round trip was 1 week. On the internet I answered a few questions and they give you an rma number and send you a shipping kit by fedex in a day or two. You ship it back and a few days later it's back. it came back with 3.01 so I let it update by itself to 3.1. It works good except for the sd card slot. Good Luck.

klaus27

Aug 2, 2009
Can be fixed. Get a rom for your device where you have the .img files (like system.img, boot.img, ...)

Then issue the command

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

press and hold power + volUp, device will reboot.
quickly press and hold volDown. fastboot will succeed. Then do the same for the rest of the pack

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot erase cache

And you are all set.
This at least works on the European model (601)

*Phew*

buffal0b1ll

Sep 5, 2012
Baltimore
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 2 XL
I just unbricked my Starting RSD Mode 3 Xoom. I bricked it about a year ago flashing a rogue recovery. It wouldn't go into fastboot mode AT ALL. All it would do was "Starting RSD Mode 3" and then I'd have to leave it off the charger for the battery to die to power it off.
I'd been checking back on Google every few months to try and see if there was any new info on the web. This time I searched for "xoom brick fix" instead of "RSD Mode 3" and I found the Unbrick Cable and ordered from Ebay. It worked;)
I used
-Unbrick Xoom USB Cable http://www.ebay.com/itm/acc-84-3ft-...d=100102&prg=1140&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=360632413144&
-RSD Lite v5.7 app on Windows 7 PC
-VZW_MZ604_signed_JZ054K.combo.sbf

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can be fixed. Get a rom for your device where you have the .img files (like system.img, boot.img, ...)

Then issue the command

press and hold power + volUp, device will reboot.
    quickly press and hold volDown. fastboot will succeed. Then do the same for the rest of the pack

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot erase cache

And you are all set.
    This at least works on the European model (601)

*Phew*
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1035202&highlight=omnia1994
    read this thread carefully. start from page 2 i think. good luck =)