[MOD] [WIP] Wifi Calling [Status 5/29]

Search This thread

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
Seeing as how I hate waiting for Carriers to release updates to system ROM for features that others have before us, I present to all users, ways to get around the wait and get to the features, removing the waiting. Power to the Users!

This is in beta testing of Wifi Calling, the link below is for beta test 1.0, please report issues and whatnot​

You accept all responsibility for your device. Do not whine about explosions, gaining self-awareness, stupidity. Always do backup before any and all MODs. Be smart and flash on.

EDIT 5/29: Initial Release of beta to public, beta 1.0

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358539735 - WifiCalling b1.0
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358539806 - WifiCalling b1.1

Last edited:

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
Yes sir, good deal bro. Will check it out.
Nice work. As always

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

cballin22

Aug 26, 2007
tampa
So exactly how do u enable this? Is there an on off toggle?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
Use quick tile mod I posted in general. To activate, use sqlite editor. Go to setting storage -> settings.db -> search "vo" in global/system (whichever). One of those should pop up vowifi or something. Set it to 1 I believe and should walk through activation process when click again. If not, I'll keep up files in next beta

OP Updated, try beta 1.1

Last edited:

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
Use quick tile mod I posted in general. To activate, use sqlite editor. Go to setting storage -> settings.db -> search "vo" in global/system (whichever). One of those should pop up vowifi or something. Set it to 1 I believe and should walk through activation process when click again. If not, I'll keep up files in next beta

OP Updated, try beta 1.1

Went to settings.db then system and searched "vo" and vowifi or anything like that did not pop up. Flashed the mod but have no way of testing it! :/

Also I have the WifiCalling quicksetting toggle but it takes me to DL Booster lol...

agypehu3.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

Last edited:

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
I found it I think!! You need to search in "global" for it show up!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401414377974.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401414377974.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 722

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
Very good, knew it was there. Did this work though? Toggle in settings via my other secsettings mod but does it activate process?

I need all the sprint APKs if you happen to have them. Bc when I dial *2 to go the sprint service thing in the phone it doesn't work... Neither does hands free activation... It just gets stuck there..

Edit: it's called "Sprint zone"

Edit 2: Actually I don't think that matters lol... You should ask slesh bc apparently in his new ROM he has it working! Maybe just ask him for a flashable?!

Last edited:

jmolhava

Sep 24, 2007
WiFi calling closes and will not turn on

So I tried this out using v1.1 and made the change in sqlite. When I first boot my phone I get two FC's from WiFi Calling and when I open WiFi calling and try to turn it on it just sits there and never turns on.

One other thing I just noticed is that when I go back into sqlite and look at the value of com.oem.smartwifisupport.vowifi_pref_state it has a value of 0 even though I changed it to 1. Every time I reboot and check the value it is set to 0.

If you happen to know how I can get the value to stick please let me know. That may be why this isn't working for me.

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
So I tried this out using v1.1 and made the change in sqlite. When I first boot my phone I get two FC's from WiFi Calling and when I open WiFi calling and try to turn it on it just sits there and never turns on.

One other thing I just noticed is that when I go back into sqlite and look at the value of com.oem.smartwifisupport.vowifi_pref_state it has a value of 0 even though I changed it to 1. Every time I reboot and check the value it is set to 0.

If you happen to know how I can get the value to stick please let me know. That may be why this isn't working for me.

I'll be sure to look into it now. Thanks for report

jmolhava

Sep 24, 2007

And FYI - I am on a stock rooted ROM

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
Wifi calling draining the hell outta my battery. Drained 13% while I was sleeping. :eek:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401467483876.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401467483876.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 393

Eris _2.1_2010

May 13, 2010
South Bend, IN

I need all the sprint APKs if you happen to have them. Bc when I dial *2 to go the sprint service thing in the phone it doesn't work... Neither does hands free activation... It just gets stuck there..

Edit 2: Actually I don't think that matters lol... You should ask slesh bc apparently in his new ROM he has it working! Maybe just ask him for a flashable?!

Sleshepic told me where to put the zone.apk and it goes in system/priv-app.

Sent From My Galaxy S5 Far Far Away

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida

Me and splesh were working on this long before. I knew of it working in mystery rom before I even released this. This is working for temp fixes for AND2 ROM, stock (for now) and future possible fixes if needed.

Reactions: sleshepic

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
I'll poke my head in here soon to help if I can. I can write a script that will force the entry in the SQL database as well if that will help.
If you get stuck somewhere or need help with something, let me know.
Cheers - TD

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Does the download booster need to be installed from the other thread before this one?

Reactions: sleshepic

Top Liked Posts