[Q] [Q&A] [Discussion] HLTE Low Mic Gain

Search This thread

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus
Hey there! I have a Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 (HLTEXX) and have noticed that since flashing a custom rom, (Carbon Rom) recorded video has very low audio.

I went back to stock 4.3 to test and recorded video sounded normal, the same as video recorded on my previous device, an i9300 running Carbon Rom.

I have tested on my HLTEXX with Temasek's Unofficial CM11, with and without Temasek kernel, Official CM11, with and without Temasek Kernel/ Lean Kernel and again with Carbon Rom with Temasek Kernel and Lean Kernel.

When using one of the mentioned kernels, I used Trickster Mod app to try and increase the Mic Gain for video camera.

With Temasek Kernel, as soon as I ticked to apply settings, they reverted back to default. With Lean Kernel, the values appeared to stick but as soon as video was recorded, the values had reverted back to default and recorded video was still quiet.

Does anyone have any ideas how to increase mic gain when recording video? Or is it simply a case of waiting for more kernel sources?
I would appreciate any input, bearing in mind I am just an enthusiast with a basic knowledge of flashing roms and customising my android devices!

Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: 954wrecker

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus
I don't think anyone uses the camcorder besides us

sent from my note 3

Haha! No one seems to mention it and mostly my queries have gone unacknowledged, hence the post. But Carbon on G+ were very helpful, Matt went through some troubleshooting and let me test a modified media_profiles file, which increased the audio bit rate and made it stereo but the volume wasn't changed. The low volume is most noticeable when viewing the clips on a PC.

Tapatalked that shiznit.

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus

sent from my note 3

Out of interest, did you come from 4.3 or 4.4 stock rom? I'm wondering if the bootloader would make any difference, but don't know enough about that sort of thing to be sure. I'm considering testing a 4.3 custom rom, then perhaps flashing a stock 4.4 and rooting/ flashing Carbon again, but there's no going back then!

Tapatalked that shiznit.

Pogmothorn

Apr 13, 2014
Hey there! I have a Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 (HLTEXX) and have noticed that since flashing a custom rom, (Carbon Rom) recorded video has very low audio.

I went back to stock 4.3 to test and recorded video sounded normal, the same as video recorded on my previous device, an i9300 running Carbon Rom.

I have tested on my HLTEXX with Temasek's Unofficial CM11, with and without Temasek kernel, Official CM11, with and without Temasek Kernel/ Lean Kernel and again with Carbon Rom with Temasek Kernel and Lean Kernel.

When using one of the mentioned kernels, I used Trickster Mod app to try and increase the Mic Gain for video camera.

With Temasek Kernel, as soon as I ticked to apply settings, they reverted back to default. With Lean Kernel, the values appeared to stick but as soon as video was recorded, the values had reverted back to default and recorded video was still quiet.

Does anyone have any ideas how to increase mic gain when recording video? Or is it simply a case of waiting for more kernel sources?
I would appreciate any input, bearing in mind I am just an enthusiast with a basic knowledge of flashing roms and customising my android devices!

I have the same problem as you when I switched to the Resurrection Remix AOKP rom. It made me switch back to Jedi elite kk touchwiz rom until they fix it.

Reactions: scoobyjenkins

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus

CrashTestDroid

Jul 12, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8
I'm wondering if the bootloader would make any difference, but don't know enough about that sort of thing to be sure. I'm considering testing a 4.3 custom rom, then perhaps flashing a stock 4.4 and rooting/ flashing Carbon again, but there's no going back then!

Tapatalked that shiznit.

Monster audio cables are guaranteed to fix any sound issues that could be caused by your bootloader ;)

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
Anything new on the recorded audio issue? I skim all the threads and changelogs for all the different aosp ROMS but never see anyone even mention the issue other than the two of us.

sent from my note 3

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus
Anything new on the recorded audio issue? I skim all the threads and changelogs for all the different aosp ROMS but never see anyone even mention the issue other than the two of us.

sent from my note 3

It's gone quiet but Matt said he'd mention it to kernel devs a little while back as he'd experienced it for himself.

Tapatalked that shiznit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sent from my note 3

sent from my note 3

Out of interest, did you come from 4.3 or 4.4 stock rom? I'm wondering if the bootloader would make any difference, but don't know enough about that sort of thing to be sure. I'm considering testing a 4.3 custom rom, then perhaps flashing a stock 4.4 and rooting/ flashing Carbon again, but there's no going back then!

Tapatalked that shiznit.
    I'm on 4.4 I don't remember the sound on 4.3 to be honest

sent from my note 3

So you had 4.4 stock touchwizz before rooting and flashing a rom? Damn, I hoped that might make a difference!

Tapatalked that shiznit.
    At least with you on 4.3 and me on 4.4 we know it's not that.
    ***I've got another issue that seems to either be just my phone or nobody else notices.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2710421
    sent from my note 3