Received fake battery from ETradesupply.. any one with experience can help?

Search This thread

vvilliamm

Jun 15, 2011
I ordered a nexus 5 battery on etradesupply. Its fake just by comparing it with the fake battery i got from ebay lol.. Its sitting at 29c...

here's a side by side pic Left etradesupply battery( it came with black stickers over lg and on the back). Right (fake ebay battery)

[Picture](http://i.imgur.com/ykuE0IS.jpg)

does any one have any idea what to do...I spent so much for a fake battery. For me to send it back I will end up loosing more $. Anyone know the rma process?

I scanned the QR codes both the same and showing a manufacture date of something different than on the label

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
I ordered a nexus 5 battery on etradesupply. Its fake just by comparing it with the fake battery i got from ebay lol.. Its sitting at 29c...

here's a side by side pic Left etradesupply battery( it came with black stickers over lg and on the back). Right (fake ebay battery)

[Picture](http://i.imgur.com/ykuE0IS.jpg)

does any one have any idea what to do...I spent so much for a fake battery. For me to send it back I will end up loosing more $. Anyone know the rma process?

I scanned the QR codes both the same and showing a manufacture date of something different than on the label

how do you know the etradesupply battery is fake ? Do you have any proof or have you asked them about it ? thanks

opssemnik

Account currently disabled
Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Its fake, there is no RMA, only sending back :(
tip, ask before you buy, tell the seller you have a original battery to compare and you know how to check if its a fake one.
If you do this and they still send you a fake one they will be screwed by ebay

Axel85

May 9, 2010
Google Pixel 8
If you used PayPal, you can open a contestation and describe that the item you received it s a fake. And that you want a total refound. I had a similar problem 4 times and I had my money back and the fake object not sent back, cause I told them I won t pay the shipping cost because I bought a real object and received a fake one. You have always to use PayPal on internet especially if you have to buy cheap phone parts. I m a PC , smartphone and electronics technician ?

Chi Am

Feb 18, 2013
If you used BayPal, you can open a contestation........
I beg to disagree, I too purchased fake N5 batteries prior to shopping at spareslg.com, BayPal Protection Plan is a LURE to create a sense of safety/wellbeing delusion to attract buyers to make usage of BayPal.

Credit Cards companies offer much more protection than BayPal

Normally transaction will be fine if there are no issues, but when purchasing items like N5 batteries from either ebay or Amazon, it is better to use a Credit Card rather than BayPay as when issues arrive you will be given a long ride and eventaully receive the message "blah blah blah.....We've completed our review and unfortunately are not able to decide this claim in your favour."
BayPal will ALWAYS side with the Sellers because they are BayPal's Bread & Butter.

The answer is Yes I have been scammed and BayPal protected the Scamming bar-steward.

Axel85

May 9, 2010
Google Pixel 8
I beg to disagree, I too purchased fake N5 batteries prior to shopping at spareslg.com, BayPal Protection Plan is a LURE to create a sense of safety/wellbeing delusion to attract buyers to make usage of BayPal.

Credit Cards companies offer much more protection than BayPal

Normally transaction will be fine if there are no issues, but when purchasing items like N5 batteries from either ebay or Amazon, it is better to use a Credit Card rather than BayPay as when issues arrive you will be given a long ride and eventaully receive the message "blah blah blah.....We've completed our review and unfortunately are not able to decide this claim in your favour."
BayPal will ALWAYS side with the Sellers because they are BayPal's Bread & Butter.

The answer is Yes I have been scammed and BayPal protected the Scamming bar-steward.
I typed the message from my phone ,there s no need to rewrite baypal to take joke of my mistyping :p. Never had any problems with PayPal, I ve got a refund every time ,instead I had some problems with my credit card and so I switched to PayPal

Last edited:

Hellon

Jun 1, 2015
We have repair parts for Nexus 5 in stock. Welcome to inquiry about the price:
MOD EDIT" advertising in the FORUM is not allowed

Last edited by a moderator:

rockiscfutgwai

Dec 4, 2016
They are in the suburbs in Chicago. Unfortunately it's fake but you get what you paid for. Nice ppl there too. I would estimate over 50% of batteries are fake because the wrapping can be easily copied.

hattix

Jul 28, 2017
I'm running fakes, from the same vendor, in both my N5s. They're 1,800 mAh cells sold with a fraudulent claim of capacity and of provenance (they're utterly not genuine), but actually work as you'd expect from a 1,800 mAh cell.

They're precisely what you'd expect from the price.

Last edited:

Techkol

Apr 3, 2018
What about others? Does anyone have buy other spare parts? I need a Samsung S8 plus charging flex cable, and I plan to get it from etradesupply or REWA. The price is about the same. Should I choose REWA? I know it from their Youtube video.