Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2011
fitsnugly.euroskank.com
skank-logo-lrg.png

Download: http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=cm12&device=mako
cherry.png
Cherry pick list
cherry.png

* CyanogenMod's latest merges: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:cm-12.0,n,z

* CyanogenMod's Github: http://github.com/cyanogenmod

This is a kang of CM12 with cherry picks from CyanogenMod’s Gerrit Instance, compiled by a group of volunteers that enjoy learning about and building CyanogenMod and Android in general. All credit goes to cyanogen, #teamdouche and the coders who submit to Gerrit. Thank you to @RyanMacG for providing Euroskank hosting.

These builds are bleeding-edge, most comparable to a nightly build, and are not meant for inexperienced users. Things will be broken and crash from time to time, you need to accept that this isn't stable by any means before flashing. Nandroid as often as possible.

How to post useful, informative bug reports:
Sometimes dev's actually check out our threads, or sometimes we have a good relationship with a dev or two. These bleeding-edge builds will have issues, and having good information on what's broken is great feedback before a feature is merged. Here are some good bug reporting tips:

* No bug reports while using custom kernels or add-ons:
CyangenMod's own bug reporting tool does not accept bug reports from people using non-stock kernels for a reason, so why should we? CM can merge changes to their kernel causing custom kernels to break things until they catch up. Therefore, please do not post any bug reports while using a custom kernel or add-on such as Xposed Framework. Post your issues with custom kernels in their own respective threads as they are the ones who need to play catch up. Any bug report posted in this thread should be while running CM's stock framework and kernel, as this prevents unnecessary clutter.

* Gapps are not a CM issue:
CyanogenMod is built to run without the assistance of Google's proprietary apps (gapps). Having issues with your Google account and syncing is a gapps issue, not a CM issue. Please do not post about any gapps related issues, just wipe data and try a different gapps package.

* Posting about the same bug every build:
Beating a dead horse with "bug X still isn't fixed" posts just adds unnecessary clutter and provides no help into actually fixing the issue. Some bugs take days to squash, some take weeks. Please don't report the same bug every time a build is uploaded.

* Logs:
Provide logcats when applicable. Use a service like Pastebin and put a link to the log in the post. Please do not post logs directly to the forum.

If these requests are too demanding, there's good news! CyanogenMod is open source, so please feel free to download the source code, compile your own builds volunteering your time and resources, then start a thread and run it however you see fit. All we simply ask is that people post good, reliable information that can be passed on to a developer that can actually do something with it, making CM a better product for everyone involved.

idybV.png
ROMManager -----
ScKKz.png
GooManager ----- KitKang RSS Feed

Last edited:

pinoyz

Feb 10, 2011
Chicago, IL
Are there any special install instructions?
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache
Wipe dalvik cache?
Format system?

And, are GApps already included in the rom?

Thanks for this!!

feedhead

Dec 18, 2009
Sioux Falls
Nice to see Euroskank here ... I loved the bleeding edge builds on my GNex.
Questio for N4 ... What 4.2 Gapps are people using?

Audioboxer

Aug 24, 2010
Excuse my ignorance (came from a One X), but what would make Jellybro a good choice over running vanilla CM?

Also I noticed the dev doesn't talk much, how does he/she respond to user questions? :silly:

Chochiwpg

Feb 3, 2012
Winnipeg

hev88

Dec 15, 2010
Glendale
I am curious, because I have downloaded both of those Gapps packages. What is the difference between the two? Would it matter which one you use? Do they both provide the same options? Thanks.

Not positive. I know the one I posted is a Lil bit bigger by about 5mb. I've used both and didn't see a difference. I'll have to redownload the one from kk and see what the difference is between the zips

Sent from the Nexus 4 Drinking Club...
"It's not drinking alone if you are with people on an internet forum"

Reactions: Chochiwpg

kptnk

Apr 15, 2011
Paris
Excuse my ignorance (came from a One X), but what would make Jellybro a good choice over running vanilla CM?

Also I noticed the dev doesn't talk much, how does he/she respond to user questions? :silly:

Here's the quote that used to be on their Home page not so long ago :

"kanger [kahng-ger] noun : A person with enough skill to compile CyanogenMod from source, but generally does not have enough coding experience to provide fixes or support."

So, in short : flash this if you know what you're doing ; you like, good ; you don't, change. :)

Euroskank team don't consider themselves as developpers, but, well, real kangers....all the diffrence is here.

At least this is my understanding, correct me if i'm wrong.

And what make Jellybro a good choice is : Builds everyday (almost), as CM, right ; CHERRY PICKS, of course : what's in early stage in CM's repo and not yet merged officially ;).....and the placebo thing : there's more butter in Skanky stuff :silly:

Reactions: Audioboxer

KonstantinKeller

Aug 22, 2011
Flowery Branch
Not positive. I know the one I posted is a Lil bit bigger by about 5mb. I've used both and didn't see a difference. I'll have to redownload the one from kk and see what the difference is between the zips

Sent from the Nexus 4 Drinking Club...
"It's not drinking alone if you are with people on an internet forum"

They're probably using different levels of compression.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Reactions: Chochiwpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    skank-logo-lrg.png

Download: http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=cm12&device=mako
    cherry.png
    Cherry pick list
    cherry.png

* CyanogenMod's latest merges: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:cm-12.0,n,z

* CyanogenMod's Github: http://github.com/cyanogenmod

This is a kang of CM12 with cherry picks from CyanogenMod’s Gerrit Instance, compiled by a group of volunteers that enjoy learning about and building CyanogenMod and Android in general. All credit goes to cyanogen, #teamdouche and the coders who submit to Gerrit. Thank you to @RyanMacG for providing Euroskank hosting.

These builds are bleeding-edge, most comparable to a nightly build, and are not meant for inexperienced users. Things will be broken and crash from time to time, you need to accept that this isn't stable by any means before flashing. Nandroid as often as possible.

How to post useful, informative bug reports:
    Sometimes dev's actually check out our threads, or sometimes we have a good relationship with a dev or two. These bleeding-edge builds will have issues, and having good information on what's broken is great feedback before a feature is merged. Here are some good bug reporting tips:

* No bug reports while using custom kernels or add-ons:
    CyangenMod's own bug reporting tool does not accept bug reports from people using non-stock kernels for a reason, so why should we? CM can merge changes to their kernel causing custom kernels to break things until they catch up. Therefore, please do not post any bug reports while using a custom kernel or add-on such as Xposed Framework. Post your issues with custom kernels in their own respective threads as they are the ones who need to play catch up. Any bug report posted in this thread should be while running CM's stock framework and kernel, as this prevents unnecessary clutter.

* Gapps are not a CM issue:
    CyanogenMod is built to run without the assistance of Google's proprietary apps (gapps). Having issues with your Google account and syncing is a gapps issue, not a CM issue. Please do not post about any gapps related issues, just wipe data and try a different gapps package.

* Posting about the same bug every build:
    Beating a dead horse with "bug X still isn't fixed" posts just adds unnecessary clutter and provides no help into actually fixing the issue. Some bugs take days to squash, some take weeks. Please don't report the same bug every time a build is uploaded.

* Logs:
    Provide logcats when applicable. Use a service like Pastebin and put a link to the log in the post. Please do not post logs directly to the forum.

If these requests are too demanding, there's good news! CyanogenMod is open source, so please feel free to download the source code, compile your own builds volunteering your time and resources, then start a thread and run it however you see fit. All we simply ask is that people post good, reliable information that can be passed on to a developer that can actually do something with it, making CM a better product for everyone involved.

idybV.png
    ROMManager -----
    ScKKz.png
    GooManager ----- KitKang RSS Feed
    man, don't get me wrong :)
    I love your work and I'm happy to have the ability to test cm11 builds before nightlies officially start... I thank you so much for that

but it's a matter of fact that mako and hammerhead builds are always behind crespo and maguro builds

for example I just took a look at the euroskank website and we have:
    - mako and hammerhead at 11.29 with a very few cherry picks
    - crespo and maguro at 12.01 with several cherry picks

furthermore crespo has two builds for 12.01 and maguro two for 11.30 so we can say mako and hammerhead are three builds behind.. and we all know how much important can be even a single patch in these days where the team is merging basic stuff

my english is not my mail language so I know sometimes I could seem arrogant/rude but I can assure you it's not my intention to be that, so hope you will get me in the right way ;)
    several reasons the builds will get behind
    first and usually the most likely are merge errors and or compile errors. I build at 5 am just before work. If I get alot of errors,I do not have the time to drop certain picks and start over. It has to wait until I get home or if fitsnugly has time to remote in and fix the error.I do not have the knowledge to manually fix the errors.I prefer the cm maintainer or fitsnugly to do this
    Second is overtime. I am in the busy season for work and tend to go in at 4am quite often which means I have to get up at 3am. Building at 3am is not an option,just not going to happen. I will sometimes try to build when I get home but most likely not due to having to open the motorcycle shop I work in at night
    Third, be thankful I am able to get these builds out there to you,with or without cherry picks. I do not get paid and do not care to,I just want everyone to enjoy and give feedback as to what is working and what is not.Remember,this is a WIP. Things are going to break and picks will seem to randomly disappear. There is always a reason. I hope you understand now how this works from my side
    Thanks for your hard work. Could you please link to the best Gapps in the first post?

It will make it less confusing for everyone :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Sorry,but there are no official gapps for me to link in the OP. Personally, I am using banks found in another "unoffcial" thread. I have done some searching and found 3 versions of gapps.All I can suggest is browse around and try them all until you find one that you are content with until official is released.
    On a side note, my gallery is force closing with Banks gapps. That is the only thing I have found so far. Anyone else same or is it just me?

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

I want to say thanks to all of you that jump in and help when someone is having issues or cant figure out how to do something.I would never be able to keep up on all the questions :highfive:

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 AM ----------

As of now, there are no cherry picks. I may start them tomorrow.I wanted to get the first few builds off clean to make sure picks were not causing any issues
    Here's the quote that used to be on their Home page not so long ago :

"kanger [kahng-ger] noun : A person with enough skill to compile CyanogenMod from source, but generally does not have enough coding experience to provide fixes or support."

So, in short : flash this if you know what you're doing ; you like, good ; you don't, change. :)

Euroskank team don't consider themselves as developpers, but, well, real kangers....all the diffrence is here.

At least this is my understanding, correct me if i'm wrong.

And what make Jellybro a good choice is : Builds everyday (almost), as CM, right ; CHERRY PICKS, of course : what's in early stage in CM's repo and not yet merged officially ;).....and the placebo thing : there's more butter in Skanky stuff :silly:

That pretty much covers it, thanks for posting that. I do not post much due to hectic work schedule. Most of my builds start at 5 am and i finish them remotely via ssh. I do subscribe to the threads but it doesnt always work as it should. I have noticed in the past that the "power users" as i call them tend to answer most of the questions as their knowledge of android and cm is nothing short of awesome. The build today was not done by me but will be in the future. It was mostly a test run that worked out so here it will begin. I hope you guys enjoy as i will always try to pump these things out,with cherry picks, daily unless i just can't.
    Complaining about an unofficial nightly build... Please link me to your perfect ROM.

WYZWB1S.jpg