[APP] Instagram out now for android

Search This thread
Mar 27, 2012
I'm having that same problem. Has anyone figured a way around it? I tried restarting my phone, but that didn't help.

Jess813

Jun 22, 2010
Epic touch on Mijjahs Rom and I get FC once I click on the camera icon to port a picture... lame

Mar 27, 2012
What you can still do to upload for the time being is go to your gallery and share the photo through instagram. It acts as a post. I think the app works fine for people with a stock phone.

Jess813

Jun 22, 2010
What you can still do to upload for the time being is go to your gallery and share the photo through instagram. It acts as a post. I think the app works fine for people with a stock phone.

Probably true, but then I would have to choose... root or instagram.... Uh thats easy I prefer ICS and there's plenty of apps with Filters.

LordJummy

Jan 13, 2012
Houston
It's also force closing for me on Calk's latest FC24 ICS rom. I haven't tried it on GB. I'll probably flash Blazer 4.1 and see if it runs.

Can anyone with a GB based ROM tell me if it's force closing for you also? It only crashes when you try and take a pic. Hmmm...

AnJarBo

Apr 3, 2012
What you can still do to upload for the time being is go to your gallery and share the photo through instagram. It acts as a post

Hi, I have a question. What do you mean by sharing it through Instagram and have it acting as a post?
I went to the gallery, shared an image, selected Instagram, but it took me to the "filter-apply" screen, which is the point where it force closes.
Am I doing something wrong? I wouldn't mind editing photos in another app and just posting them on Instagram, and I understood that's kind of what you meant.

Mar 27, 2012
Probably true, but then I would have to choose... root or instagram.... Uh thats easy I prefer ICS and there's plenty of apps with Filters.

When you share it via instagram it allows you to use the filters. Atleast it did for me. I was thinking about trying to flash to FC24 to see if it did anything but I guess it's not working for you either. Hmm, anyone wanna try on a GB build?

LordJummy

Jan 13, 2012
Houston
When you share it via instagram it allows you to use the filters. Atleast it did for me. I was thinking about trying to flash to FC24 to see if it did anything but I guess it's not working for you either. Hmm, anyone wanna try on a GB build?

I'm flashing Blazer 4.1 (gingerbread) right now to see if it works. Will post update in just a few minutes.

(I was reading the reviews for this app on our device in the play store and all the people who have stock e4gt say it works fine btw.)

**Update: it's working on GB. It's a little flaky still but I am able to capture pics and upload okay. So it's definitely ICS or some combination of things on ICS. I'm sure it will be working when official OTA comes out. I'm going to go back to calk's ICS for now as I don't really care enough about instagram to use GB. I've been just fine without instagram since it came out, and I'll be fine without it for a while longer.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts