We could help keep things clutter free!

Search This thread

OneoftheRabble

Jan 19, 2012
Bozeman, Montana
I have been around here for a little while. Not doing a lot of posting... But doing a LOT of reading. I have learned a BUNCH from the great Devs and others that post helpful ideas and solutions.
AND... I have read a ***LOT *** of worthless stuff. Come on folks... let's try and help each other out here. I think that if we used a little COMMON SENSE... ( I know, it isn't very common ) we could get rid of so much clutter and wasted thread space!
Why in the world do we need to read things like this in a thread:

"GREAT! I am going to dl and flash this tomorrow!" So what!! Why do we know that you are flashing it tomorrow? This helps the Dev or others HOW? Flash it, test it and THEN come back and give good feedback! You want to say THANKS to the DEV?? Hit the THANKS button!

YAY!!! You actually took up a post on the thread saying THIS?? It just doesn't need any more comment.

"Flashing now. It sucks that 'xxx' doesn't work....." Again... do yo think that this is in anyway HELPFUL??

"Looks great" Yes, we can all see that. Hit the THANKS button and save some space.

"Downloading now! I'm actually really excited to test this out." I am so proud! How about telling us about it AFTER you dl it and test it out? I am pretty sure that nobody needs to know that you are GOING to dl it.

I was just looking at one popular thread... The first page had TWO posts on it that were actually RELEVANT to the thread! That was the OP and one at the bottom that had feedback. And it just got WORSE as you went to pages 2 through 4! It is no wonder a Noob doesn't want to read through a thread and gather information. You have to wade through 8 pages of garbage posts in order to get 1 page of good information.
I know we all want to look cool and have posts in these great threads. But come on..... let's try and help each other out here. You have your 10 posts and can post in the Dev section. No need to "fluff" anymore. You made it.
Yep, it does look so cool to have your name ( handle ) show up in the "cool threads". We are all very impressed. ( ok... so I am laughing at this )
One problem I see is it is the biggest "fluff posters" that jump on the Noob that asks a question that was asked 10 pages back. That is because the Noob got tired of reading page after page of useless "OH MAN! This looks SICK" posts!
That is what the "THANKS" button is for! Say thanks and save space! USE IT!
Please, please, please... give us ALL a break. Keep your ego in check. Getting a really high post count isn't nearly as cool as having a high thanks meter.
OK.. off my soapbox. Now, let's see how many posts say "+1" or something like that and whether or not people use the THANKS button.

See ya'

OotR

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
3xtu.jpg

thlinx

Oct 12, 2010
This site is a global all age community. We have a dev section that is thoroughly groomed by the mods.

What you see as useless spam I see,as general marketing for our og evos. I'll give you an example:

Person makes a topic bragging about flashing a new Rom, I see that as curiosity look into something new for our og phones.

They have a off topic thread as well.
I think this site is very good and very active.. Being strict or formal just makes me feel like I'm at work and not enjoying this great phone.. If we were strict, would that topic about ropodope being unbanned ever exist? Even this thread you made? The freedom is great I hope it never changes.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
I can agree with that, but only so much. There is a lot of useless stuff that gets posted, and there isn't anything that is more pointless than a "kool, gnna flash this tmrrw" post.

I do agree with the OP, but after countless threads like this - aimed at "bettering" the forum, or not wasting space - it just doesn't seem to help. I get the idea, but at this point it's just "normal." Like it or not. I'm just used to scrolling past it all. Like those posts that are asking the same damn thing page after page. Used to have the desire to respond to those, but not anymore. :D

Reactions: OneoftheRabble

OneoftheRabble

Jan 19, 2012
Bozeman, Montana
This site is a global all age community. We have a dev section that is thoroughly groomed by the mods.

What you see as useless spam I see,as general marketing for our og evos. I'll give you an example:

Person makes a topic bragging about flashing a new Rom, I see that as curiosity look into something new for our og phones.

I think this site is very good and very active.. Being strict or formal just makes me feel like I'm at work and not enjoying this great phone.. If we were strict, would that topic about ropodope being unbanned ever exist? Even this thread you made? The freedom is great I hope it never changes.

I am not speaking about a new thread. I am speaking about all the "fluff" posts in a Devs thread about their new ROM. For example, please go and read the first three pages of the CM9 thread that was started here yesterday. Just look at the first page of posts. Only one of them has actually flashed the ROM and is making any comment ABOUT that ROM. They are just taking up space. Unfortunately, this continues on and on in the thread. So instead of coming in after a week and reading eight to ten pages of information, you will have to wade through 40 to 50 pages of "fluff" in order to garner any information.
I don't have a problem with someone feeding their egos by starting a new thread about all the exciting stuff they have done with a ROM. It is great marketing for our Evos. But trashing someone elses thread with worthless stuff isn't the same.

See ya'

OotR

Reactions: Mazda

thlinx

Oct 12, 2010
I am not speaking about a new thread. I am speaking about all the "fluff" posts in a Devs thread about their new ROM. For example, please go and read the first three pages of the CM9 thread that was started here yesterday. Just look at the first page of posts. Only one of them has actually flashed the ROM and is making any comment ABOUT that ROM. They are just taking up space. Unfortunately, this continues on and on in the thread. So instead of coming in after a week and reading eight to ten pages of information, you will have to wade through 40 to 50 pages of "fluff" in order to garner any information.
I don't have a problem with someone feeding their egos by starting a new thread about all the exciting stuff they have done with a ROM. It is great marketing for our Evos. But trashing someone elses thread with worthless stuff isn't the same.

See ya'

OotR

Mods do clean up the threads with useless spam especially the dev category. If it gets too off topic Mods clean it or close it

Steven 1

Apr 29, 2011
Huntington beach
I have been around here for a little while. Not doing a lot of posting... But doing a LOT of reading. I have learned a BUNCH from the great Devs and others that post helpful ideas and solutions.
AND... I have read a ***LOT *** of worthless stuff. Come on folks... let's try and help each other out here. I think that if we used a little COMMON SENSE... ( I know, it isn't very common ) we could get rid of so much clutter and wasted thread space!

"GREAT! I am going to dl and flash this tomorrow!" So what!! Why do we know that you are flashing it tomorrow? This helps the Dev or others HOW? Flash it, test it and THEN come back and give good feedback! You want to say THANKS to the DEV?? Hit the THANKS button!

YAY!!! You actually took up a post on the thread saying THIS?? It just doesn't need any more comment.

"Flashing now. It sucks that 'xxx' doesn't work....." Again... do yo think that this is in anyway HELPFUL??

"Looks great" Yes, we can all see that. Hit the THANKS button and save some space.

"Downloading now! I'm actually really excited to test this out." I am so proud! How about telling us about it AFTER you dl it and test it out? I am pretty sure that nobody needs to know that you are GOING to dl it.

I was just looking at one popular thread... The first page had TWO posts on it that were actually RELEVANT to the thread! That was the OP and one at the bottom that had feedback. And it just got WORSE as you went to pages 2 through 4! It is no wonder a Noob doesn't want to read through a thread and gather information. You have to wade through 8 pages of garbage posts in order to get 1 page of good information.
I know we all want to look cool and have posts in these great threads. But come on..... let's try and help each other out here. You have your 10 posts and can post in the Dev section. No need to "fluff" anymore. You made it.
Yep, it does look so cool to have your name ( handle ) show up in the "cool threads". We are all very impressed. ( ok... so I am laughing at this )
One problem I see is it is the biggest "fluff posters" that jump on the Noob that asks a question that was asked 10 pages back. That is because the Noob got tired of reading page after page of useless "OH MAN! This looks SICK" posts!
Please, please, please... give us ALL a break. Keep your ego in check. Getting a really high post count isn't nearly as cool as having a high thanks meter.
OK.. off my soapbox. Now, let's see how many posts say "+1" or something like that and whether or not people use the THANKS button.

See ya'

OotR

Communist. K, joking aside..If you don't have the time to skim through a few pages, then use google. Most people post irrelevant information just to keep the thread bumped to the top page. It isn't cz they want to look cool. If you want to look cool on a mobile tech site then you are completely oblivious of the life outside the internet. Sure some threads are poorly managed. But that is because mods can't patrol each forum and each post by every member. Ive seen a thread or two about reducing clutter, none prevailed cz it just isn't worth listening too. Overall I agree with you but Google it if you have question. If not, suck it up and read. Worst thing that can happen is a broken phone. Boo hoo, you didn't read.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

See ya'

OotR
    I have been rolling through the threads cleaning house :D
    I can agree with that, but only so much. There is a lot of useless stuff that gets posted, and there isn't anything that is more pointless than a "kool, gnna flash this tmrrw" post.

I do agree with the OP, but after countless threads like this - aimed at "bettering" the forum, or not wasting space - it just doesn't seem to help. I get the idea, but at this point it's just "normal." Like it or not. I'm just used to scrolling past it all. Like those posts that are asking the same damn thing page after page. Used to have the desire to respond to those, but not anymore. :D

See ya'

OotR

Yep... it is. Maybe, just maybe... some one will listen to it and we can clean things up.

See ya'

OotR