Micro SD Card Problems

Search This thread

mikefly562

Oct 28, 2010
Kirkland, WA
I seem to be having trouble with my SANDISK 32GB Class 10 micro SD card. When I first got the Note II in November, I had a PNY card that was giving me trouble, so I got the SANDISK card to replace it. it's been reliable until this morning, in that the card lost all data, and even after reformatting it, it seems to work for about 10 minutes, thenphone does not recognize it. It's been trouble free for almost 3 months.

I seem to read that these SD cards on the Note II is extremely unreliable in general. Perhaps I need to switch brands. What would the very very very best brand of the micro SD card would you recommend? What micro SD card would be the most durable? I've always thought that SANDISK was good, but how about other brands? I'd like to keep using a 32GB Class 10 card if possible. I'm looking to use a card that will last more than 3 months.

Also, I'm completely stock on my phone...as I did not do any rooting.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW...I love the Note II!!

Thanks,
Mike

Reactions: gotshoaib

Sass86

Jul 2, 2011
Boston, MA
I seem to be having trouble with my SANDISK 32GB Class 10 micro SD card. When I first got the Note II in November, I had a PNY card that was giving me trouble, so I got the SANDISK card to replace it. it's been reliable until this morning, in that the card lost all data, and even after reformatting it, it seems to work for about 10 minutes, thenphone does not recognize it. It's been trouble free for almost 3 months.

I seem to read that these SD cards on the Note II is extremely unreliable in general. Perhaps I need to switch brands. What would the very very very best brand of the micro SD card would you recommend? What micro SD card would be the most durable? I've always thought that SANDISK was good, but how about other brands? I'd like to keep using a 32GB Class 10 card if possible. I'm looking to use a card that will last more than 3 months.

Thanks,
Mike

I'd try taking it out and cleaning the connections. Its worked for me in the past.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Scythe024

Nov 14, 2011
I had a samsung 32gb class 10 that would keep resyncing by itself after a SD card failure. I thought it was my card going out so I bought a new one to replace it. After a day or 2 with a Sandisk one I noticed it doing the same thing so now i know its not the SD card but the reader. Havent figured out a fix yet

mcsenerd

Mar 8, 2007
Irving
My wife's N2 has the exact same issue. I'm about to send it back... And she's the one that never jacks with ROMs and crap...

Sidneymac

Dec 12, 2010
Since I installed saber kernel it has been happening alot . Almost every five minutes... or less.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

sgs2_1.6

Nov 24, 2011
Same problem here. Had the 32gb sandisk class 10 for about 3 weeks and now everyime I turn the phone on it said sd card unexpectedly remove. Tried switching to the pny 32gb class 10 and the same thing happened. Is there a fix for this, and how is the samsung 32gb class 10 sd card?

Reactions: tyshemi

tyshemi

May 28, 2011
ANKENY,iowa
Samsung is fine ive made a thread a while back about this I do believe its the 32 gig san disk cards I bought a samsung and works fine . The sandisk started doing it in my wifes gs3 I thinks its just there cards tbh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Sass86

Jul 2, 2011
Boston, MA
My 64 gb class 10 sandisk works great, its in my second phone now. You have to be careful when you remove them so you minimize scratching and damage it.

kevhuff

Nov 25, 2011
Charleston,WV
I had issues with my SanDisk 32 as well try this
Put card into pc (windows) save any files you want to keep
Open terminal command where your car is at and format the card (I use fat32) then type
F dsk /h
Worked for me no issues since

jaydiamonds

Oct 18, 2007
+1

Swapped my Sandisk for a friends PNY. Fine ever since.

Samsung is fine ive made a thread a while back about this I do believe its the 32 gig san disk cards I bought a samsung and works fine . The sandisk started doing it in my wifes gs3 I thinks its just there cards tbh

srtpusher

Jul 20, 2007
san antonio
my wifes 32gb sandisk also crapped out. didn't work in her phone, my note II, or pc in several different readers. tried for a few days and nothing. i put it in the pc a week later and up pops the card. quickly d/l everything off the card.

so weird

Astom22

Nov 5, 2012
Had the same issue with my card, removing and re attaching constantly. Got SanDisk to replace it, just took about 7 days turnaround time. New one is still working fine. Let's hope it stays that way.

Sent using Galaxy Note 2 w/ CleanROM 4.0.5

riprod

Feb 23, 2012
Had the same issue with my card, removing and re attaching constantly. Got SanDisk to replace it, just took about 7 days turnaround time. New one is still working fine. Let's hope it stays that way.

My Sandisk 32 GB also had this issue. Can you expand on the steps you took to get Sandisk to replace your card?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

srtpusher

Jul 20, 2007
san antonio
My 64 and 16 are both great. Only the 32 is having an issue. This seems to have a very high failure rate for a reputable chip maker...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Astom22

Nov 5, 2012
My Sandisk 32 GB also had this issue. Can you expand on the steps you took to get Sandisk to replace your card?

Contcted through their website first, then called their customer service number for their site. It will go faster if you tell them it is mounting and un mounting in your phone and doing the same on your computer. Because my computer would register it, I they wanted to wait and see if it would fail on my mac. I believe the response to my online query through their site got me response to send it back. They sent me a packing label and everything.

Sorry to ramble, but go through their site and you will have a new one in about 7 days.

If none of this made sense, sorry, I'm tired. Pm me questions and I will do my best to be more clear. Good luck.

Reactions: riprod

Bigjim1488

Feb 19, 2008
New York
I gave up and started to use Dropbox more. I'm not happy about it but it is what it is.

Rockamakis

Jan 21, 2012
I've been having this problem as well. I figured it was just an issue with the phone because the card works ekse where. One thing I've noticed is when it says the sd card has been removed I can go into my files and pull up what I need. I just can't go directly into the app to open it (I.e. gallery or music player).

Astom22

Nov 5, 2012
I've been having this problem as well. I figured it was just an issue with the phone because the card works ekse where. One thing I've noticed is when it says the sd card has been removed I can go into my files and pull up what I need. I just can't go directly into the app to open it (I.e. gallery or music player).

I have tried everything they suggest to fix it, multiple reformats, both internal and with a computer. Once it starts doing that, it won't stop. It's the card, not sure what, but it's just a bad card.

My new one is working fine, so far. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    there are multiple posts on here about the card being bad or the reader being bad. I know if I have a 32 Sandisk Ultra and it starts having mount/unmount issues and then it fails to be recognized on my phone or macbook, then it is most likely the card. If I then put a 16gb card into the same phone and same computer that I just attempted to use the 32 gb card on, and the 16 gb card works, then it isn't the phone or phone reader or computer or computer reader.

Some of these 32 gb Sandisk Ultra cards are pure s h it ...no other way to put it. I am using one right now, again, after having my 32gb crap out on me. So far, so could with a few ROM flashes as well. I am not sure if they are designed for crap or I got a decent card on my second try. If I ever have another problem with my 32 gb Sandisk Ultra then I will switch brands for sure.

as I have posted before. I think there may be an aspect of stray electronic voltage from electrostatic discharge happening when handling the card. It is such a small card that it is almost impossible to avoid touching the contacts. The larger sd card is much easier to handle and avoid this issue.. I am very careful now with my handling procedures.

Thanks,
    Mike
    A class 10 64GB sandisk card has been in my Note 2 since the day I received the phone. I haven't had any issues with it, and have about 20GB of space left.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Micro...SDQU-064G-AFFP-A/dp/B009QZH6JS/ref=pd_cp_pc_0
    It was on sale for ~$40 last November

Running Stock, unrooted.
    Same problem here. Had the 32gb sandisk class 10 for about 3 weeks and now everyime I turn the phone on it said sd card unexpectedly remove. Tried switching to the pny 32gb class 10 and the same thing happened. Is there a fix for this, and how is the samsung 32gb class 10 sd card?

Contcted through their website first, then called their customer service number for their site. It will go faster if you tell them it is mounting and un mounting in your phone and doing the same on your computer. Because my computer would register it, I they wanted to wait and see if it would fail on my mac. I believe the response to my online query through their site got me response to send it back. They sent me a packing label and everything.

Sorry to ramble, but go through their site and you will have a new one in about 7 days.

If none of this made sense, sorry, I'm tired. Pm me questions and I will do my best to be more clear. Good luck.