ParanoidAndroid 4.4.2 Kit Kat

Search This thread

bytes-zn

Jan 1, 2014
Hello guys,

I've been using the Beta 4.0 for a while now and it works brilliantly, so I saw an update beta 3 I had to download it.

It has some bugs, not much apps like how you get in the beta, gapps not installing and my data is off but it is switched on.

Having a android phone with no gapps and data is useless, it's like having a nokia 3310, just phone text and that's it.

Please fix if possible.

Thanks

Redstarr1

May 19, 2012
Keerbergen
Hello guys,

I've been using the Beta 4.0 for a while now and it works brilliantly, so I saw an update beta 3 I had to download it.

It has some bugs, not much apps like how you get in the beta, gapps not installing and my data is off but it is switched on.

Having a android phone with no gapps and data is useless, it's like having a nokia 3310, just phone text and that's it.

Please fix if possible.

Thanks

I installed PA 4.0 Beta 3 as well (yesterday) and I have none of the bugs you're describing: data (3G/2G) works, and Gapps not installing, that depends ENTIRELY on which Gapps you are using. I'm using the latest PA Gapps complete package (23/01/2014) and they just installed for me. So both of the bugs that you're experiencing are only on your end. Are you absolutely sure you set the Data icon correctly, because since Beta 3 PA uses a new Quicksettings systems. See in your systems if it's really working. Also check if your APN is still correct. Download and install the latest version of PA Gapps. If that still doesn't work, you should do a clean install (even though I didn't, I'm coming from CM11 Beta 3, just flashed the latest Gapps and PA 4.0 Beta 3 and everything was good to go).

To be honest you're being rude here and you obviously only tried installing everything once. Well this is a custom ROM scene and you need to do an effort yourself. What I see now is that you're using a "thumbs-down"-icon which is extremely discouraging, comparing this phone to an old dumb phone is also completely out of line because WiFi still works, and there are a ton of other things you could still do even without Gapps and data. This post just smells of you having a sense of entitlement, but don't forget that we're not paying deedwar. If a dev decides not to release a ROM that's very sad and it's all due to threads like these.

So what I'd like you to do now is rephrase your OP, use a positive icon and maybe we can turn this wasted thread into a discussion thread for PA Nozomi instead of a shouting contest.

deedwar

Aug 26, 2008
Bendigo
goo.im
Hello guys,

Please fix if possible.

Thanks

I installed PA 4.0 Beta 3 as well (yesterday) and I have none of the bugs you're describing: data (3G/2G) works, and Gapps not installing, that depends ENTIRELY on which Gapps you are using. I'm using the latest PA Gapps complete package (23/01/2014) and they just installed for me. So both of the bugs that you're experiencing are only on your end. Are you absolutely sure you set the Data icon correctly, because since Beta 3 PA uses a new Quicksettings systems. See in your systems if it's really working. Also check if your APN is still correct. Download and install the latest version of PA Gapps. If that still doesn't work, you should do a clean install (even though I didn't, I'm coming from CM11 Beta 3, just flashed the latest Gapps and PA 4.0 Beta 3 and everything was good to go).

To be honest you're being rude here and you obviously only tried installing everything once. Well this is a custom ROM scene and you need to do an effort yourself. What I see now is that you're using a "thumbs-down"-icon which is extremely discouraging, comparing this phone to an old dumb phone is also completely out of line because WiFi still works, and there are a ton of other things you could still do even without Gapps and data. This post just smells of you having a sense of entitlement, but don't forget that we're not paying deedwar. If a dev decides not to release a ROM that's very sad and it's all due to threads like these.

So what I'd like you to do now is rephrase your OP, use a positive icon and maybe we can turn this wasted thread into a discussion thread for PA Nozomi instead of a shouting contest.

That is very well said redstarr1 but i dont quite feel as strongly about it as you. I just see it as a logical statement. However it would help if you can expand on your issues somewhat. Did you do a clean install (wipe data / system / cache / dalvik) or just a dirty flash over the top. What network do you connect too and have you tried Changing your carrier in "access point names". Creating a whole thread for an issue but not elaborating on what you have and havent tried really makes it hard to help.

Reactions: Ironik54

byteszn

Oct 28, 2013
Beta 5

Hi guys,

The latest update beta 5 works just fine but a few bugs.

Sometimes the back button doesn't work, have to restart the phone for it to start working again.

When charging the wireless is activated, and the battery takes longer to charge.

The phone lags now and then but other than that works fine.

If anyone who can post this on the Xperia S development thread I would really appreciate it, I don't have rights to post on the development thread as yet.

Thanks

byteszn

Oct 28, 2013
Beta 6

Hi guys,

The new update of Beta 6 for Paranoid is brilliant.

After the 1st boot the phone is a little slow but after the rom has settled it's very smooth.

So far all I have tested works perfectly, don't like the launcher much though, so I have my own custom launcher, Next launcher works brilliantly and very customizable. The new launcher's that are added aren't very good and would like if they could get the original launcher if possible.

Other than that all is well.

Thanks Paranoidanroid.

Reactions: Redstarr1

Ironik54

Jan 11, 2013
Pa beta 4.3 13052014

Thanks deedwar...the rom(PA 4.3 Beta 13052014) works like a charm. My battery lasts for a day...with data on(3G)....although there is issue of random reboots and the date setting to 1972th year...but i think it will be resolved in the next version i.e. Beta 5/6....Love your work..really appreciate it. :good::)

Ironik54

Jan 11, 2013
The latest build

Yes, the VOIP does work..(Viber, Skype etc.,)on the latest builds ..however, I am having a few system UI crashes while using option of any app from the notification bar..like when you're downloading an app from Playstore and which you wish to stop or pause from the by pulling down the notification bar. or using controls of the stock android walkman app.

Reactions: endazyar

elshamynet

Apr 10, 2014
is this room can accept for xpeeria sl lt26ii
plz help me ti find room to my phone 4.4.2
and how can use this room to my phone

agugar

May 30, 2014
I had installed beta 4. A few days ago I installed beta6 but after install and reboot sony logo appears and mobile does nothing more. I restored a backup and today I tried to install beta7 with the same problem. Has anyone the same problem or have any idea to solve it?

mgrinwis

Sep 25, 2013
How did you install the ROM?
I assume you did wipe cache and dalvik cache before flashing any ROM since you've installed several ROMs. If not, please do so.

Try flashing (with fastboot) a new kernel (twrp or cwm) followed by: (1) factory reset, (2) wipe cache, (3) wipe dalvik cache and then (4) install PA Beta 7.

I had installed beta 4. A few days ago I installed beta6 but after install and reboot sony logo appears and mobile does nothing more. I restored a backup and today I tried to install beta7 with the same problem. Has anyone the same problem or have any idea to solve it?

Reactions: agugar

agugar

May 30, 2014
I assume you did wipe cache and dalvik cache before flashing any ROM since you've installed several ROMs. If not, please do so.

Try flashing (with fastboot) a new kernel (twrp or cwm) followed by: (1) factory reset, (2) wipe cache, (3) wipe dalvik cache and then (4) install PA Beta 7.

I did factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik but It didn't work.

I had some troubles trying to restore an old backup after the last failed installation. After the failed restore I tried to install Beta 7 again and It worked. I do not know why, but now I have beta7 working perfectly.

Thanks for your help.

rednose2

Jun 2, 2014
problem with Ant+ on Paranoidandroid 4.3

Yesterday I install Paranoidandroid 4.3 [BETA 7] - and i have problem with ANT+. it don't work. Is there any possibility to repair that.

mgrinwis

Sep 25, 2013
Yesterday I install Paranoidandroid 4.3 [BETA 7] - and i have problem with ANT+. it don't work. Is there any possibility to repair that.

Unfortunately, ant+ does not work with android version 4.3 and onwards. This has something to do with the drivers I believe (not sure though). So it doesn't matter which ROM you try: all 4.3.x or 4.4.x will not have ant+ support... :(

11:55

Jun 3, 2014
Having FCs updating from beanstalk to paranoid

Hey guys! I recently have the beanstalk rom of deedwar for the Acro S and using the current stable build of the rom which is 4.4.278 then i want to try paranoid so heres what i did
1. I copied the paranoid zip file to my phone
2. Flashed the IMG file from the latest version of paranoid rom via Fastboot mode (i extracted it first)
3. Cleared system, factory reset, cache and dalvik cache
4. Installed the zip file

Well it worked and i have the rom but i experienced random FCs so i just reverted back to stock 4.1 ROM and also i am having trouble with some APPS too.. some apps install perfectly but sometimes they dont :(

alessandropsbra

Jun 27, 2014
WiFi problem :/

Hi guys

1st - this is a greater rom ever! congratulations

2nd - my wifi works (sometimes) - why sometimes ? because i turn on the wifi on job, ok working connected, when i go to a local whitout wifi, my phone scan the ssids and freeze, when i remember to turn off wifi in my home (lol), that ssids continue on screen, they will disapear only i reboot my phone, can i do anything?

thanks a lot for help

alessandropsbra

Jun 27, 2014
Hi guys

1st - this is a greater rom ever! congratulations

2nd - my wifi works (sometimes) - why sometimes ? because i turn on the wifi on job, ok working connected, when i go to a local whitout wifi, my phone scan the ssids and freeze, when i remember to turn off wifi in my home (lol), that ssids continue on screen, they will disapear only i reboot my phone, can i do anything?

thanks a lot for help

i installed a new kernel, now wifi works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

Please fix if possible.

Thanks

That is very well said redstarr1 but i dont quite feel as strongly about it as you. I just see it as a logical statement. However it would help if you can expand on your issues somewhat. Did you do a clean install (wipe data / system / cache / dalvik) or just a dirty flash over the top. What network do you connect too and have you tried Changing your carrier in "access point names". Creating a whole thread for an issue but not elaborating on what you have and havent tried really makes it hard to help.
    Beta 6

Hi guys,

The new update of Beta 6 for Paranoid is brilliant.

After the 1st boot the phone is a little slow but after the rom has settled it's very smooth.

So far all I have tested works perfectly, don't like the launcher much though, so I have my own custom launcher, Next launcher works brilliantly and very customizable. The new launcher's that are added aren't very good and would like if they could get the original launcher if possible.

Other than that all is well.

Thanks Paranoidanroid.
    The latest build

Yes, the VOIP does work..(Viber, Skype etc.,)on the latest builds ..however, I am having a few system UI crashes while using option of any app from the notification bar..like when you're downloading an app from Playstore and which you wish to stop or pause from the by pulling down the notification bar. or using controls of the stock android walkman app.