[Q] Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 won't boot or go in recovery mode

Search This thread

nousername

Feb 1, 2013
I recently tried to root the phone using this tutorial on xda-developers http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1660419

However, after completing the procedure as explained the phone did not start automatically in normal mode, I can not even boot into recovery mode.

The OS installed was official Jellybean 4.1.2

This is the first time I am working with a Samsung device and have no idea what is happening.

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Ofcourse, it is for 2.3.6. Reinstall JB with Odin. And go to our Original development section, at the top will be Root fot JB thread, use that. Now you returned to GB aith that, but it did not set system like it should, so yoh cant boot and yoh cant go to recovery.

Послато са GT-I9070 користећи Тапаталк 4

Reactions: nousername

nousername

Feb 1, 2013
Ofcourse, it is for 2.3.6. Reinstall JB with Odin. And go to our Original development section, at the top will be Root fot JB thread, use that. Now you returned to GB aith that, but it did not set system like it should, so yoh cant boot and yoh cant go to recovery.

Thanks, but can you please point me to a download link for JB official pack since all dl links I got through belonged to hotfile and hotfile is not working for some reason with my ISP.

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Thanks, but can you please point me to a download link for JB official pack since all dl links I got through belonged to hotfile and hotfile is not working for some reason with my ISP.

I think those are official from sammobile and samsung-updates. Both hotfile. Look on our generql section, some fw's are reuploaded to other hosts.

Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110245
Just watch about P and non P versions. You must use the one for your version of phone.

Reactions: nousername

Robbert-Android

Jun 10, 2014
Same problem

However, after completing the procedure as explained the phone did not start automatically in normal mode, I can not even boot into recovery mode.
This is the first time I am working with a Samsung device and have no idea what is happening.[/QUOTE]

Hi mate

I have the same problem, did you fixt it, and how did you fixt it?
Thanks

or someone else who know how to root the Samsung Galaxy S Advance with the official android 4

please HELP ME!

I have root a lot off diveses, but when you start the phone I only see the start screen logo (Samsung Galaxy S advance) and I can't go in to the recovery mode. I can in the download mode!

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
This is the first time I am working with a Samsung device and have no idea what is happening.

Hi mate

Thanks

or someone else who know how to root the Samsung Galaxy S Advance with the official android 4

please HELP ME!

I have root a lot off diveses, but when you start the phone I only see the start screen logo (Samsung Galaxy S advance) and I can't go in to the recovery mode. I can in the download mode![/QUOTE]

1. What did you do before?
2. If you had JB and you used GB method to root you end up with bootloop.

Flash stock JB 4.1.2 with Odin, and use this to root.

Robbert-Android

Jun 10, 2014
Hi mate

Thanks

please HELP ME!

I have root a lot off diveses, but when you start the phone I only see the start screen logo (Samsung Galaxy S advance) and I can't go in to the recovery mode. I can in the download mode!

Flash stock JB 4.1.2 with Odin, and use this to root.[/QUOTE]

If you mean with rooting, I have root a Samsung Galaxy S2 / S3 / S5 succesfull
I think I have used the GB methode for the Advance, I have used odin.

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE

Flash stock JB 4.1.2 with Odin, and use this to root.

If you mean with rooting, I have root a Samsung Galaxy S2 / S3 / S5 succesfull
I think I have used the GB methode for the Advance, I have used odin.

If you are on JB and you used GB root method you softbricked. Because GB method uses kernel to inject su file. And you can't boot JB with GB kernel... That is your problem, so now do what I suggested. Flash stock JB firmware over and root with method I gave you.

Is it more clear now what you did? You said that you have rooted succesfull 3 differend phones? And you did not try to read how root is done? And you should know that GB kernel do not work on JB...

And I was thinking what you did before you got problem on Galaxy S Advance, by asking what you did before the problem.

Another important thing: DO NOT FLASH I9070 FIRMWARE ON I9070P PHONE, AND I9070P FIRMWARE ON I9070 PHONE - IT WILL HARDBRICK IT.

Last edited:

Robbert-Android

Jun 10, 2014
Fixt it!

If you are on JB and you used GB root method you softbricked. Because GB method uses kernel to inject su file. And you can't boot JB with GB kernel... That is your problem, so now do what I suggested. Flash stock JB firmware over and root with method I gave you.

Is it more clear now what you did? You said that you have rooted succesfull 3 differend phones? And you did not try to read how root is done? And you should know that GB kernel do not work on JB...

And I was thinking what you did before you got problem on Galaxy S Advance, by asking what you did before the problem.

Another important thing: DO NOT FLASH I9070 FIRMWARE ON I9070P PHONE, AND I9070P FIRMWARE ON I9070 PHONE - IT WILL HARDBRICK IT.

I have put the orginal software JB on the divice with odin. Now the phone works on normal and I have rooted the phone on the JB mothode.
I rooted the other diveces when they came out, so there was one way to do it. This was the first time for me that I have to deal with different Android versions.

Thank you!
I used always Cyanogenmod but they don't support the galaxy s advance anymore, do you know a trusted mod (4.4 KITKIT)

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE

I have put the orginal software JB on the divice with odin. Now the phone works on normal and I have rooted the phone on the JB mothode.
I rooted the other diveces when they came out, so there was one way to do it. This was the first time for me that I have to deal with different Android versions.

Thank you!
I used always Cyanogenmod but they don't support the galaxy s advance anymore, do you know a trusted mod (4.4 KITKIT)

Here is our development section: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s-advance/orig-development

And we have unofficial CM11: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578599

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think those are official from sammobile and samsung-updates. Both hotfile. Look on our generql section, some fw's are reuploaded to other hosts.

Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110245
    Just watch about P and non P versions. You must use the one for your version of phone.