Help! My phone screen stays off at the end of phone calls !

Search This thread

etp23

May 4, 2011
el paso texas
OK so I flashed the PAC ROM for hlte then I noticed my screen would stay asleep after every phone call forcing me to press home to wake it up pull down my notification bar and hanging up through the notification now I recently changed to the latest snapshot from cyanogenmod and flashed the latest lean kernel hoping that oy would be fixed and nope still does the same thing. Just wondering if I can fix it or is it my phone that's busted?
Also my screens is cracked pretty bad don't know of that matters any replies would be nice! Thank you
Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

etp23

May 4, 2011
el paso texas
Sorry just saw ur reply I'm not at the moment I usually do all my flashing through mobile

tmoney239sucka

Aug 30, 2010
Sorry just saw ur reply I'm not at the moment I usually do all my flashing through mobile

Hello, I also had this issue 2 days ago. I was on HyperDrive Rom and I couldn't get my screen to turn on at all after a call. It happen when I downloaded a nightly of Cyanogenmod and had it fail. What I had to do was restore a week old back up and haven't had it return yet. Maybe CM related? I'm not sure but been fine since.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

etp23

May 4, 2011
el paso texas
Hello, I also had this issue 2 days ago. I was on HyperDrive Rom and I couldn't get my screen to turn on at all after a call. It happen when I downloaded a nightly of Cyanogenmod and had it fail. What I had to do was restore a week old back up and haven't had it return yet. Maybe CM related? I'm not sure but been fine since.

So what if I don't really back up my ROMs I think I might have my stock backup do u know if that would work?

tmoney239sucka

Aug 30, 2010
So what if I don't really back up my ROMs I think I might have my stock backup do u know if that would work?

Well then I'm going to say ALWAYS MAKE A BACK UP!! then you can delete it if ur new Rom works good but u should always keep at least ONE. If you do have that one back up I would say yes, go do that or the better and easier option is to just start completely fresh with a full wipe and new Rom. Hope this helps. Btw I have not had that problem since I used a week old back up ;)

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Also Titanium Backup is ur friend for backing up apps and app data for those new Rom installs, just FYI

etp23

May 4, 2011
el paso texas
Well then I'm going to say ALWAYS MAKE A BACK UP!! then you can delete it if ur new Rom works good but u should always keep at least ONE. If you do have that one back up I would say yes, go do that or the better and easier option is to just start completely fresh with a full wipe and new Rom. Hope this helps. Btw I have not had that problem since I used a week old back up ;)

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Also Titanium Backup is ur friend for backing up apps and app data for those new Rom installs, just FYI

I've whipped everything and tried fresh but I will try that back up then wipe again

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
Its a kernel issue, and it could possibly be a cm source issue. Meaning most cm based kernels could have the hard sleep issue. So if its on one cm kernel its almost going to be on all. Since source commits are the same, just added features per kernel. I highly recommend yank 555 kernel, then you can tune your max off freq and hardlimit etc. May help you out a bit.. Pm me for link to thread if needed

Last edited:

etp23

May 4, 2011
el paso texas
Its a kernel issue, and it could possibly be a cm source issue. Meaning most cm based kernels could have the hard sleep issue. So if its on one cm kernel its almost going to be on all. Since source commits are the same, just added features per kernel. I highly recommend yank 555 kernel, then you can tune your max off freq and hardlimit etc. May help you out a bit.. Pm me for link to thread if needed

Pm'd u thanks man