Android 5.*.* Memory Leak Official Thread (Advanced users only)

Are you affected by this issue?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Isus <3

Jul 19, 2013
*Note to moderators: Please do not close this thread, I am aware that there is already thread called "Anroid 5.1.1 memory leak still present. Incredible!" but this thread will focus on solving this issue as quick as possible and getting attention of highly good developers and people which can give information for solving this issue ASAP

This thread will be official thread for all Nexus 5 advanced (developers) users which got affected by this issue.
First of all please do not spam and post useless information about how you also have memory leak and asking how to fix it. Post only useful stuff, like logcat and such stuff which can help google developers solve this annoying bug.

I reported this issue to google with good amount of information and I am willing to keep that report updated with latest highly detailed information, link:
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=171150&thanks=171150&ts=1430506443
Please star this so we can get quick attention from google and assign it as high priority bug. You can star it by clicking on star top-left on the page.

- For users which seem not to have this issue please Download Farm Heroes Saga from play store. Run it until game loads, then remove it from multitasking menu completely and then run game until it loads, remove it from multitasking menu again and do that about 10-15 times. If your ram doesn't go up to 900 and higher please post logcat if you know how to and also screenshot of default memory and cached memory.

Last edited:

Isus <3

Jul 19, 2013
Please everyone who voted no, try this out and send me a message if your ram went nuts:

- For users which seem not to have this issue please Download Farm Heroes Saga from play store. Run it until game loads, then remove it from multitasking menu completely and then run game until it loads, remove it from multitasking menu again and do that about 10-15 times. If your ram doesn't go up to 900 and higher please post logcat if you know how to and also screenshot of default memory and cached memory.

Isus <3

Jul 19, 2013
Update- I contacted King, company which made farm heroes saga, game which is causing memory leak. Maybe they can help solving this issue

JonesL

Jul 1, 2009
Chester
If this is only happening with one piece of software, that means it's down to the software not Android

JonesL

Jul 1, 2009
Chester
It's is certainly not only farm heroes. I got memory leak even without running farm heroes

What else is there? it seems a lot of people confuse memory leaking with RAM caching, RAM is much faster than eMMC therefore it's cached to RAM.
I'm personally not seeing a leak with 5.1.1

Not to the degree of 5.1 which does have a leak, Applications can leak memory too.

Isus <3

Jul 19, 2013
What else is there? it seems a lot of people confuse memory leaking with RAM caching, RAM is much faster than eMMC therefore it's cached to RAM.

Not to the degree of 5.1 which does have a leak, Applications can leak memory too.

I installed CM 12.1 latest nightly CAF and AOSP and tried doing farm heroes saga method. My ram went to 1.4 by repeating it 10 times. And also by using phone 3-4 days, system memory goes up to 1 GB and I'm not talking about cached memory

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013

But the OS is at fault for not clearing that memory allocation it uses for X app when it's long gone and not in use/closed.

ccnky

Aug 23, 2012
Have anyone tried to hunt memory leaks with kmemleak? I would do that if I had enough time, maybe next week.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Note to moderators: Please do not close this thread, I am aware that there is already thread called "Anroid 5.1.1 memory leak still present. Incredible!" but this thread will focus on solving this issue as quick as possible and getting attention of highly good developers and people which can give information for solving this issue ASAP

This thread will be official thread for all Nexus 5 advanced (developers) users which got affected by this issue.
    First of all please do not spam and post useless information about how you also have memory leak and asking how to fix it. Post only useful stuff, like logcat and such stuff which can help google developers solve this annoying bug.

I reported this issue to google with good amount of information and I am willing to keep that report updated with latest highly detailed information, link:
    https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=171150&thanks=171150&ts=1430506443
    Please star this so we can get quick attention from google and assign it as high priority bug. You can star it by clicking on star top-left on the page.