T-Mobile nationwide OTA UPDATE

Search This thread

xdviper

Jan 5, 2009
Before it gets asked...

*#*#CHECKIN#*#*

*#*#2432546#*#*

This will force a checkin for OTA, but its not necessary. All of us G2 owners will eventually get it.

:p

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App
Is there a automated way to do this? Its getting annoying typing it in every 30minutes or so. Lol

tankmorph

Jun 28, 2007
St. Petersburg, FL
Is there a automated way to do this? Its getting annoying typing it in every 30minutes or so. Lol

The phone does it automatically anyway. No need to do it every half hour. The OTA roll-out probably won't even start until midnight PST anyway (purely speculation).

funkadesi

Jun 23, 2006
Before it gets asked...

*#*#CHECKIN#*#*

*#*#2432546#*#*

This will force a checkin for OTA, but its not necessary. All of us G2 owners will eventually get it.

:p

This should be in OP ASAP.... so the questions doesnt get asked again... with a little explanation of checkin is needed. :rolleyes:

AreOh

Oct 19, 2010
FINALLY! I get bad service when I'm home and this is really needed.... although this just means that using the wifi will drain the battery faster, but oh well.

xyrcncp

Feb 2, 2009
D.C. Metro
The OTA roll-out probably won't even start until midnight PST anyway (purely speculation).

Oh you did it now, you'll get quoted. There will be posts saying "I read it will be pushed at midnight PST" and when it's not or it's 12:30 and people haven't received it, those posts will change to "Maybe we should complain or sue T-Mobile!!!11111"...LOL

tankmorph

Jun 28, 2007
St. Petersburg, FL
Oh you did it now, you'll get quoted. There will be posts saying "I read it will be pushed at midnight PST" and when it's not or it's 12:30 and people haven't received it, those posts will change to "Maybe we should complain or sue T-Mobile!!!11111"...LOL

Nobody will even pay attention to the "purely speculation" part. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

andrewklau

Oct 31, 2010
Maybe also include that no one should be trying to install the OTA if they want to risk a chance of losing the ability to root in the (hopefully) near future.

jmd1981

Sep 23, 2010
My service is shut-off since I am out of the country and haven't unlocked yet. Is there a way for me to get this? I was actually about to send the phone back, but if this fixes the reboot issue I'll keep it.

edit, Checkin still works even though I don't have service.

Last edited: