[Q&A] Uspl + Rom Upgrade + Tips&Tricks

Search This thread

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
WiFi problems on new ROMs

I install the ANDREW82 6.1 ROM but the Wifi can't open. How I Fix it ?

uboyd
You should also know that you may have to click the WiFi icon in the Comm Manager several times (2 or 3 times) to make it work on ANDREW82 6.1 ROM (as well as several other ROMs such as HarryCaine WM6.5)

Please note Forum Rules
3. Post only using a clear subject and message.
You're most likely to receive a helpful answer to your question if you use a short subject title that describes your problem and a message that explains in detail what your problem is and what you've tried to solve it.

Cheers
Tom

Attachments

• Communications.jpg
    Communications.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 74

digi_tal

Apr 15, 2009
Yazd
hi
I have a htc love P3350 artemis phone

pls Help

Sometimes it makes Hong and white display

pls help

my phone have wm5 orginal
if cpu is bad ?
thanks

raving_nanza

Jul 23, 2009

hi Digi_tal,

maybe a loose connection betwene motherboard and lcd?

to open the device:
1. take battery cover off
2. take battery, sim and micro sd out

#you will need a special screwdriver in the shape of a *

3. take out the 4 screws near the where the battery goes
4. take back cover off, this will unclip
5. another 4 screws to unscrew
6. unclip front cover

#be carefull now

7. there is a ribbon connected to the motherboard from the lcd, unclip it by lifting the small black clip
8. re-connect the ribbon and put the small black clip down to lock it back into position
9. put your device back together

10. if your device does not turn on then its either the button for the power is obscured or if the device plays sound but no image on the lcd then the lcd is not connected properly..

Rn

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Hi do i need to USPL in oreder to flash from SD card? Thanks, im a newbie in flashing HTC phone, im only experienced in Toshiba. Cheers :D

raving_nanza

Jul 23, 2009

olyloh6696 said:
Hi do i need to USPL in oreder to flash from SD card? Thanks, im a newbie in flashing HTC phone, im only experienced in Toshiba. Cheers

yeah dude, you need USPL1.11.CMON to flash from SD.

*unless its the original rom.

look at the first post for the download and instructions dude..

*you may need to manually put the device into bootloader so look at the bootloader post too :)

Rn

SuperKeeper

Aug 31, 2007
I've ran the other USPL and it worked fine, I put in a lovely ROM but I wish to update it, do I HAVE to run this updated USPL? Because I'm running it on Vista now (as opposed to XP before) and I'm having terrible trouble, the phone connects via WMDC but as soon as I've run the start_uspl.exe, it goes to 100%, the phone then goes black (but the screen is still on) therefore it disconnects from the PC so the ROM Utility cannnot run, gives an error code (224).

Hakim Rahman

Oct 28, 2010
in here
I've ran the other USPL and it worked fine, I put in a lovely ROM but I wish to update it, do I HAVE to run this updated USPL? Because I'm running it on Vista now (as opposed to XP before) and I'm having terrible trouble, the phone connects via WMDC but as soon as I've run the start_uspl.exe, it goes to 100%, the phone then goes black (but the screen is still on) therefore it disconnects from the PC so the ROM Utility cannnot run, gives an error code (224).

try to update your uab driver !! go here to get it

SuperKeeper

Aug 31, 2007
try to update your uab driver !! go here to get it

I don't understand, how do I update the driver if the computer connects to the phone no problem?

I tried the USPL again just now and this time it sort of worked, once start_uspl.exe got to 100%, I saw the phone go black, it had some green writing and a penguin but then it went completely black and it disconnected from the computer.

I'm getting kind of annoyed because this ROM is really slow now, I may just do a hard reset, but do I absolutely have to run this newer USPL in order to put a new ROM on my device?

Btw, after the start_USPL.exe, the device goes black and in green writing it says "unable to open log file...tiny/_console_init done"

Last edited:

raving_nanza

Jul 23, 2009

hey superkeeper,

you will need to hardreset your device..

after that go to post 1, do everything it says..

also make sure micro sd card is taken out.

when the device goes black, just wait for a little then try the ruu

raving_nanza

Jul 23, 2009

also..

do I absolutely have to run this newer USPL in order to put a new ROM on my device?

the uspl will let you flash a new rom no matter what the rom size is.

its highly recomended for you to do the uspl before flashing a rom.

SuperKeeper

Aug 31, 2007
It's made no difference whatsoever I'm afraid.

The phone is connected to the PC because I used it to transfer the enableRapi and cert_spcs cab files. As soon as the start_upsl gets to about 70, the penguin pops up on my phone for about 2 seconds, it goes, upsl suddenly jumps to 100, the phone goes completely black (but not off) and disconnects from active sync. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, the older USPL worked fine and it did the whole process in about 10 seconds!

raving_nanza

Jul 23, 2009

your doing it right, just keep trying and it will work dude..

sometimes things take the p*ss but its worth it in the long run :)

SuperKeeper

Aug 31, 2007
I will keep trying but I'm not holding out any hope, I think I will just get a new phone and keep the Orbit as a backup. It's done me well, lasting me nearly 4 years thru the end of my school days and start of Uni! And I haven't defected to the dark side that is Android or Apple! Haha!

raving_nanza

Jul 23, 2009

to be totaly honest dude, i had a little trouble doing my uspl for the artemis - back when my artemis was my favourate toy :) anyway, the device finaly decided to do the uspl after almost giving up all hope of it working, which is why i made this thread to help other members do their uspl.. the good thing is that once the uspl is done, you dont need to worry about it ever again, its perminant. just keep trying dude, trust me ;)

raving_nanza said:
lol :p all working now?
jcsy said:
100% confirm.. yes all working now.. flashed 1.11 cmon, Andrew 82 ROM, fast as hell... special thank's to you raving_nanza for all help's!
sharky6606 said:
Worked a treat, saved my bacon.
MOHAMMAD WM said:
in our forum a person tested it and report it to me and worked

if you still cant do the uspl, you can send me your device and ill do the uspl for you, once its done ill then send it back to you, risky business i know because im basicly a stranger on the internet but im totaly trustworthy dude, im sure other members will say so too.. however if you decide to get a new device i suggest the htc blackstone (touch hd). since switching from my artemis to this device, its totaly changed my whole windows mobile experience = :D

ive had my artemis about 3 years -ish, sadly it died a few months ago but its not exactly totaly dead yet, however i do know how to fix it, i just cba :) lol when i get time ill probably fix it and use it for a spare, theres a good possibility ill build a rom for it :D

ill never defect to the dark side (LOL :D:D) android or apple.. since i started using windows mobile iv always used wm 6.1, none of that 6.5 crap, i think 6.5 its slow, it reminds me of vista way too much, raping ram etc..

Rn

Reactions: SuperKeeper

SuperKeeper

Aug 31, 2007
Yeah I'll definately keep at it, I'm sure it will eventually work! It's kinda annoying because the first UPSL that I did (version 1.11 i think), it updated literally within about a minute from downloading the files to updating the device, but of course this whole thing is worth it because of much cleverer guys than me, like you! that put in lots of hard work for little financial reward. Atm I've just got too much work on but as soon as I've done it (he says with fingers crossed) I'll let you know asap!

Thank you for your kind offer of doing it for me! But again..its just too time consuming at the moment..but I do like the look of that Blackstone, just had a look on Ebay for some and its either that or something like a HTC Hero...which is..ANDROID!

I know, I know (bows his head in shame), but considering a lot of my friends have iPhones and Blackberries, Windows Mobile is generally lagging behind them. If only we could BB or Whatsapp on a WM device! Then the world would see how much better a HTC HD7 is compared to an iPhone 4! :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -UNDER CONSTRUCTION-

If you have any questions about this device, or if you have any suggestions for this thread, either Private Message me or post a reply.
    Your questions will be answered and your suggestions may be added to this thread

just click the links for the tutorials you want to view, simple :)

1a) USPL - unlocks the p3300. *1.11.cmon* (created by pof)

1b) USPL ERRORS - list of know error codes.

2) ACTIVESYNC/WMDC - download and tutorial to get windows mobile device centre working on windows 7.

3) BOOTLOADER - manually put your device into bootloader.

4) MTTY - another way to put you p3300 into bootloader via pc.

5) ORIGINAL/SHIP ROMs - recomended if your device is STUCK IN BOOTLOADER or if USPL FAIL

6) CUSTOM/COOKED ROMS - roms made by xda members. (1a) USPL before flashing ANY cooked/custom roms!)

7) PAGE POOL - how to change the page pool which uses rom as ram. (4-6mb recomended)

8) VIEW CONTENTS OF ROM - view and understand the contents of ROM

9) GOLDCARD/FLASH FROM MICRO SD - how to make goldcards and how to flash a rom via micro sd

10) HARD RESET - how to do a manual hard reset
    TO VIEW AND EDIT/EXTRACT THE CONTENTS OF A .NBH ROM FILE USE HTCRIE (HTC ROM IMAGE EDITOR)

download HTCRIE

this displays the contents of a rom, eg:

1) a whole rom is a .NBH file, a rom has parts, which are .NB files

picture.php

*IPL
    *SPL
    *GSM/RADIO
    *SPLASH
    *EXTENDED ROM
    *OS

usually when you download a custom rom, you only get the OS.nb inside the full .NBH

download GSM/RADIO.nb
    ciubi said:
    I upgraded to 3.34.90 radio version and I am somehow disappointed.
    I have noticed that you have used a previous version - is that better?
    * the radio rom does boost the signal but it depends on where you are located.
    * a newer version of the radio rom doesnt exactly meen its better, so an older radio rom could be better than a newer version.
    * for me i had better signal quality with an older version.

download EXTENDED ROM.nb
    open Extended Rom.nb with HTCRIE (or add Extended Rom.nb to a .NBH)
    now edit the config.txt and add your own .Cabs

Example
    LOCK:Enabled
    CAB: \Extended_ROM\Cab Name.cab
    LOCK: Disabled
    RST: Reset

SPLASH.nb is the startup image on device boot.
    *dont get these mixed up with the WELCOMEHEAD.PNG or the ANIMATED.GIF also at startup.
    SPLASH.nb is first image to be displayed (the image with the Red numbers and letters).
    download (3 splash screnes)

OR TO MAKE YOUR OWN SPLASH.NB

download

1) Run the HTC Splash Tool
    2) as soon as the "screen" changes image to the the the white HTC logo, click the "screen"
    newacdsee90bmpimageg.png

3) a window now opens, select the image you want to use as your splash
    4) click the "trackball" on the HTC Splash Tool
    * this will save it as a Splash.NB

TO FLASH A ROM BY MICRO SD AND HOW TO MAKE A GOLDCARD

1) format the micro sd card to fat32
    2) put your .NBH on the storage card
    3) rename the .NBH to ARTEIMG.NBH
    4) put device into BOOTLOADER
    5) when the device asks, press the green call button to flash.

GOLD CARD is just the correct original rom on your micro sd and flashed via bootloader.

to be totaly honest dude, i had a little trouble doing my uspl for the artemis - back when my artemis was my favourate toy :) anyway, the device finaly decided to do the uspl after almost giving up all hope of it working, which is why i made this thread to help other members do their uspl.. the good thing is that once the uspl is done, you dont need to worry about it ever again, its perminant. just keep trying dude, trust me ;)

raving_nanza said:
    lol :p all working now?
    jcsy said:
    100% confirm.. yes all working now.. flashed 1.11 cmon, Andrew 82 ROM, fast as hell... special thank's to you raving_nanza for all help's!
    sharky6606 said:
    Worked a treat, saved my bacon.
    MOHAMMAD WM said:
    in our forum a person tested it and report it to me and worked

if you still cant do the uspl, you can send me your device and ill do the uspl for you, once its done ill then send it back to you, risky business i know because im basicly a stranger on the internet but im totaly trustworthy dude, im sure other members will say so too.. however if you decide to get a new device i suggest the htc blackstone (touch hd). since switching from my artemis to this device, its totaly changed my whole windows mobile experience = :D

ive had my artemis about 3 years -ish, sadly it died a few months ago but its not exactly totaly dead yet, however i do know how to fix it, i just cba :) lol when i get time ill probably fix it and use it for a spare, theres a good possibility ill build a rom for it :D

ill never defect to the dark side (LOL :D:D) android or apple.. since i started using windows mobile iv always used wm 6.1, none of that 6.5 crap, i think 6.5 its slow, it reminds me of vista way too much, raping ram etc..

Rn

put your device into bootloader, what the red numbers and letters?

i know you have uploaded a pic, but just to be sure so i can search for the exact one you need.

Rn