[App][Beta][15 June 2010] iMulator ( iPhone Like Music Player)

Search This thread

reb3lzrr

Oct 31, 2008
www.reb3lzrr.com
iMulator

Hey guys,

There is a big chance that you don't know me, cause this is my first release for a Mobile Device. Because of this I'd like to introduce myself before I'll tell something about my latest project.

About me:
I'm an 18 year old TI student living in The Netherlands. I’m studying at the ‘Hogeschool Rotterdam’ but because of my successes I'll switch to the Technical University of Delft ( Which you can compare to MIT ). I've been programming since I was around 15 years old, but as I said in the introduction, this is my first release for a Mobile Device.

About 'iMulator':
I’m the proud owner of a HTC Touch Pro 2 but (as many other Windows Mobile devices) it lacks a truly good music player. Most of the music players that are available for this platform don’t have the features I look for, even the paid versions don't suit my neads. It bothered me so much that I almost regretted buying a TP2 instead of an iPhone.

Spending loads for an iPhone to replace my TP2 that costed me 550€ 8 months earlyer wasn't an option, instead I got the idea to develop my own. I wanted a music player that had the following features:
- Library based
- Finger friendly
- Works smooth
- Lets you find and play your song in no-time

With this list I decided to make an iPhone Music Player Emulator

Requirements:
- Windows Mobile Device
- Windows Media Player ( It's library is used ONLY to play the songs )
- Microsoft's Compact Framework ( Click )
- Approximately 5 MB of RAM
- Approximately 10 MB of Storage

Screen Support List
Supports
- 240 * 320
- 320 * 480
- 480 * 800
Unknown
- The Rest
Does NOT support
- NONE

What is NOT(yet) in it?
- The Landscape album view. ( will NOT not be implemented )

Screenshots:

Downloads:
iMulator Alpha (CAB file): reb3lzrr.com (mirror)

Gz reb3lzrr

Last edited:

reb3lzrr

Oct 31, 2008
www.reb3lzrr.com
Code:
[15 June 2010]
-	Changed when pressing a song-> The song is now centered in the now playing list
- 	Changed the way the list of songs was loaded -> Instant album art loading ( when loading the list )
- 	Changed the way the list of songs was loaded -> 50% speed increasement
- 	Changed the way the list of songs was drawn -> Faster list drawing
-	Fixed Countless bugs:)
-	Added 'All Songs By Artist' option
-	Added the missing 'Options' form
-	Added Changeable Library Search Paths
-	Added Changeable Scroll Friction value.
-	Added *.m3u playlist support.

[17 May 2010]
-	Changed way of loading Album Art, much cleaner. This will give the results of faster displays, less 'lag' when aborting it and the player will not stop playback.
-	Added menus when keeping a song pressed.
- 	Added playback options ( normal, repeat ( 1 song ), repeat ( Playlist ), shuffle )
- 	Added Custom Playlists.

[05 May 2010]
-	Changed the way of loading ID3v2 tags; 100% v3 and v4 support, increased loading time up to 400%.
-	Changed some of the play form, will not update when not shown -> increased the 'smoothness' in the browseform.
-	Fixed more memory leaks.
-	Added rating system.
-	Added 'smart' playlists; Top Rated, displays the first 100 songs that are best rated & Most Played, which will display the first 100 songs that are the most played
-	Added Album art.

[26 apr 2010]
-	Changed when adding media, tags will be updated when 'Modify Time' has changed, instead of the size.
-	Changed when adding media, the whole device will be scanned for media, rather than only the storage card.
-	Fixed the "Dissapearal" of the current Playing list.
-	Fixed the "Index Out Of Range" Exception when browsing songs.
-	Fixed 'Flickering' of the Time Passed & Remaining.
-	Fixed the 'Ordener' redraw bug.
-	Fixed the ( %CURENTPLAYING% / %CURRENTPLAYING.COUNT% ) it was off by one.
-	Fixed Better Tag Support.
-	Fixed Memorry Leak
-	Added first run detection, this will prevent users to browse their emtpy library and cause errors.
- 	Added a triangle in the currentplaying list.
-	Added that the Player will update the 'Duration' stored in the db, and current playlist thanks to the player library.

[25 apr 2010]
-	Initial Alpha Release

Last edited:

ElCondor

Retired News Writer
Mar 14, 2009
Amsterdam
Looks great, will write an article about it at the frontpage!
Edit: BTW good to see a new Dutch developer here at the forums!

Last edited:

jefferysung39

Mar 16, 2010
by looking at the screenshot u've provided, this looks exactly the same like another application called S2P..

what's the differences?

please correct me if I'm wrong / or misunderstand..

reb3lzrr

Oct 31, 2008
www.reb3lzrr.com
S2P is also a great application, basicly the only diffrence is that S2P doesnt work with a library, it simply lets you browse your music that is stored on the storage card.

Gz reb3lzrr

jul644

Jul 22, 2009
London Ontario
www.lmgtfy.com
Thank you i am actrualy looking for exactly this (the libary funtion is key for me) but id be very intrested in a 640×480 VGA resolution version id even pay for it (for like 1.99 or 2.99)

but did you actually write this it resembles S2P too much for my likking

Last edited:
T

Taninpv

hmm.....

S2P vs iMulator
s2p-083.png
s2p-080.png

album_t2.jpg
player_position_t2.jpg

Last edited:

JonFolse

Jan 12, 2009
I hope you can control the volume when the screen is locked...if u can, this will top S2P

Birger

Mar 5, 2005
Ghent
Hi, also from me, glad to see some dutch talent here !

I tried your alpha release and installed in on the HD2 on the memory card.
When I start your app, I get the start screen asking for all songs, albums, ... When I click any of them, I get an error message:
iMulator. exe
IndexOutOfRangeException

bij iMulator.FrameList.Get(Int32 Index)
bij iMulator.FrameContainer.Draw()
bij iMulator.FrameContainer.Refresh()
bij
bij iMulator.MainForm.All_Albums_Click(Frame f, Boolean Refresh, Boolean AddToLogger)

You need full log?

Regard,

Birger

reb3lzrr

Oct 31, 2008
www.reb3lzrr.com
Hi, also from me, glad to see some dutch talent here !

I tried your alpha release and installed in on the HD2 on the memory card.
When I start your app, I get the start screen asking for all songs, albums, ... When I click any of them, I get an error message:
iMulator. exe
IndexOutOfRangeException

bij iMulator.FrameList.Get(Int32 Index)
bij iMulator.FrameContainer.Draw()
bij iMulator.FrameContainer.Refresh()
bij
bij iMulator.MainForm.All_Albums_Click(Frame f, Boolean Refresh, Boolean AddToLogger)

Try adding songs: File -> Add Media To Library

will this support landscape like the iphone? which s2p disable that feature.
Such function will require alot of recources thus I decided not to implement it.

Thank you i am actrualy looking for exactly this (the libary funtion is key for me) but id be very intrested in a 640×480 VGA resolution version id even pay for it (for like 1.99 or 2.99)

but did you actually write this it resembles S2P too much for my likking
It's likely to support it, everything is written so that it should support all resolutions. I need confirmation tho! ;)

gz reb3lzrr

jaskiratsingh

Try adding songs: File -> Add Media To Library
i m also facing the same issue. tried to add songs by File > Add Media to Library.. Threw an exception. Secondly every time an exception is thrown and user re executes the exe file a new process is created eating up memory. Thirdly, i prefer to install applications on storage card but i am unable to install it on SD, it automatically gets installed on memory card (-1).

Please look into these. I am not able to use it