Replacement screen

Search This thread

hippy999

Dec 15, 2007
Hi All,

I have inherited a damaged S5 (SM-G900F). It originally had a broken front glass which I successfully managed to replace the outer glass on it it worked fine for a short while. It then developed a fault where the soft button (menu) would be continuously pressing itself making the phone unusable. It turns out the chassis is bent and was putting pressure on the buttons causing this. I've tried to carefully open up the phone again to replace the chassis but the digitizer broke.
I'm trying to weigh up if its worth repairing again as the cost of a new digitizer is around £120.
Does anyone know where I could purchase a more reasonably priced replacement digitizer.
I would be fitting it myself as I will be replacing the chassis at the same time. (I'm not looking to send it away for repair)

TIA

Alex

yetep

Oct 6, 2008
Where are you from mate? I own a phone repair company and happy to put you in touch with suppliers and give you instructions etc

Reactions: hippy999

hippy999

Dec 15, 2007
Where are you from mate? I own a phone repair company and happy to put you in touch with suppliers and give you instructions etc

Thankyou very much, I really appreciate that.

I am in the RG45 post code area. - Let me know if you need any more info and I can PM it over.

Cheers

c0nfuser

Dec 2, 2010
Hi guys,

I broke also my screen and I am looking for a good screen part in ebay. Can you suggest me anything? I live in Sweden and I am travelling often so I gues I am gonna replace it by myself.

Thanks,

c.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.