[ROM] [5.1.x] Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightly Builds (Z00A/Z008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

catinsunshine

Aug 4, 2015
Qingdao
Ik that, just wana clear out why I am using it . Guess I'll just set the system language to English then

I use xposed for Google Now activation in China with LocationReportEnabler module, it runs good. Not sure for App Settings module if you use it for more cards and reminder functions. Suggest you to change system language to English directly and setup APP in local one.:D

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

I am not sure it's the ROM problem or hardware's: Rotate function is not available although I open it in system. Any one suffer this problem?

tieuquaisonic1460

May 13, 2015
I use xposed for Google Now activation in China with LocationReportEnabler module, it runs good. Not sure for App Settings module if you use it for more cards and reminder functions. Suggest you to change system language to English directly and setup APP in local one.:D

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

I am not sure it's the ROM problem or hardware's: Rotate function is not available although I open it in system. Any one suffer this problem?

That's weird, have you flash the lastest build, if not then JUST DO IT, if yes then see in the quick setting toggles there's an option for auto rotate, land scape if you are in land space mode or portrait if your phone is upright, if none of that help try re flashing the ROM, by that I mean clean install

rblaker

Jul 26, 2015
First time flashing a ROM. Worked perfectly. This ROM is so cool thank you so much to the people working on this excellent ROM.. Can't wait for the official release..

Camera still having bugs tho, battery still a problem.. its almost there. Thanks alot.

:D :D :D

jc042982

Mar 14, 2012
I highly suggest that author can add daily updates log or feature on the first page.
It's is difficult to find out the difference between each vision.

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
I highly suggest that author can add daily updates log or feature on the first page.
It's is difficult to find out the difference between each vision.
Crpalmer or myself have been announcing important changes when they directly affect us. That's going to have to suffice for now until we are stable enough to get official status.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk

Mononon

May 30, 2012
Yeesh, my battery life has tanked over the last couple of days. I'm still on an older build, as it doesn't have any issues. Not sure what happened, but I'm going down to 0% with <10 min SoT. Crazy. Not sure what's up with that. Cell Standby has started to outpace Android OS for me. Very strange.

473NG3R

Oct 13, 2013
My experience on 0810

Thank you guys for all the hard work on this build, it is looking great! The issues I have so far include:
Camera crash when switching rear to front and so forth.
Screen tearing (on scrolling and animations).
Significant delay with tap-to-wake.
Tap-to-wake shows unlocked home screen for a second or two then switches to lock screen.
AwesomePlayer required to get any audio.
Using "cast screen" gives me a "not optimized for this device" message and a blank screen on the target
Fast charging works but status is "?" in status bar.

Logs: not letting me post due to being new to XDA. I'll PM a link if necessary.

Notes: In order to unlock my bootloader I had to revert to an old version of droidboot.img. I am using TWRP official as my recovery. I did a totally clean flash for 0810 and came from stock. I also am having no radio issues (LTE, BT, WiFi etc.) all working normally. I had only so-so battery life on the stock ROM and after a day and a half on 0810 my battery life is looking significantly better than stock.

Reactions: Ode0196 and rblaker

473NG3R

Oct 13, 2013
Update to 0811

Just dirty flashed to 0811, screen tearing is gone as mentioned earlier, I also turned off AwesomePlayer and audio is working fine. Not seeing delay and home screen when using tap-to-wake now either. My updated list:
Camera crash when switching rear to front and so forth.
Screen tearing (on scrolling and animations).
Significant delay with tap-to-wake.
Tap-to-wake shows unlocked home screen for a second or two then switches to lock screen.

AwesomePlayer required to get any audio.
Using "cast screen" gives me a "not optimized for this device" message and a blank screen on the target
Fast charging works but status is "?" in status bar.

lanah1906

Jun 7, 2015
Hi there,

i'm having a little issiue with mms, after changing apps like gloves, i menaged find one, that works but with little bug. When mms is recived, its shows three empty squares and four one with mms. Last checked app, hangouts 4.0 gives message "couldn't save mms", maybe its a chmod issiue?

regards

w32parite

Apr 29, 2008
OMG OMG Thanks for this rom. i love it.

when it's ready as daily driver - i will donate :good:

-
can you prefer gapps for this rom ?
should i do something special after flash ?

Last edited:

((RayDar))

Aug 27, 2009
11-August build

These are the bugs for me that are still remaining in the 11-August build:

• A question mark is shown in the circular charging indicator when fast charging.
  • When an app has an 'only when charging' option, such as the 'battery saver' option in Bittorrent Sync, it doesn't recognize that the phone is plugged in when it is fast-charging.
  • The '"Don't ask for PIN or password" option in System profiles doesn't seem to do anything. "Disable lock screen" works.
  • After losing a cellular connection, there is a good chance that the cellular connection will not properly be re-gained (displaying instead, the never-ending exclamation point or "No Service"). This seems to happen more often when WiFi is enabled. Usually a reboot fixes it.

473NG3R

Oct 13, 2013
If you don't rely on the camera this ROM is easily a daily driver. As of now the camera issue is the only thing I can see having any effect on me. It is currently my main phone. I'm just so floored how much better than the stock this is. Just getting rid of the bloatware is a huge win but this is so much more. Seriously huge respect to @crpalmer @jrior001 and @hharte and any others who have contributed. I've been keeping an eye on CM for this phone and I'm so happy to have it now. Thanks for all the hard work!

Reactions: jrior001

Da_Badger

Jan 28, 2011
How's the battery life in the latest build? I was installing nighties but reverted back to an earlier build after the massive battery usage increase around 08/07.

Reactions: jrior001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Broken Features / Known Issues

• audio lag in some games
    • dialer shows an ugly screen on incoming calls
    • drm support is broken (e.g. play movies)
    • package manager sometimes installs x86 libs when it needs arm libs (causes some apps to not work at all)
    • selinux enforcing mode
    • sim 2 cannot be disabled
    • sim 2 audio quality issues when also on a call on sim 1 (unconfirmed)
    • USB UMS (Mass Storage) - Killed off for now, MTP works just fine

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

As the Zenfone2 has multiple models from multiple countries please include the following information in your report:
    model #
    CPU Speed / RAM Size
    device state when errors occur (BT/wifi/nfc on ? On a call ? sitting idle on shelf ? )
    method to reproduce if you've found something consistent

Download Links

CyanogenMod for Z00A/ ze551ml: ROM @ download.crpalmer.org

CyanogenMod for Z008/ ze550ml: ROM @ download.crpalmer.org

Recovery Links

Z00A
    CM Recovery CM Recovery @ download.codefi.re/jrior001
    theSSJ's TWRP: XDA thread
    Official TWRP: TWRP.ME
    Unofficial F2FS TWRP: jrior001's unofficial twrp

Z008
    CM Recovery CM Recovery @ download.codefi.re/jrior001
    Unofficial F2FS TWRP: jrior001's unofficial twrp
    theSSJ's TWRP: XDA thread
    Official TWRP: TWRP.ME - PENDING ACCEPTANCE

Google apps addon:
    Recommend GAPPS for now as the updated x86 gapps.

Flashable Modem updates:
    Currently only supported in jrior001's unofficial TWRP
    May or may not work in others

** see this post for more info **
    Intel stores some modem firmware in the OTA's in a file labeled "ifwi.zip"
    These are flashable zips to receive the updated firmware while staying on custom ROMS
    **THIS IS A ONE WAY PROCEDURE, JUST LIKE THE OTA's THERE IS NO KNOWN WAY
    TO FLASH BACK TO EARLIER MODEM FIRMWARE, PROCEED WITH CAUTION**

IF you still wish to proceed, current flashable ifwi zips are available HERE for Z00A AND Z008

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightly Bulids (Z00A/Z008), ROM for the Asus ZenFone 2

Contributors
    crpalmer, jrior001, hharte
    Source Code: https://github.com/CM-zenfone2

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 2.19.40.22 stock base

Version Information

Created 2015-07-24
    Last Updated 2015-10-02
    Reserved

Known issues are know in the first post so that all the maintainers can updated it and keep it current.
    FAQ

Does Official TWRP work?
    * Only if they have the device called Z00A. As of the initial release the official TWRP did not but will likely soon be named properly.
    * If it doesn't work,arecovery from the OP.

Can I use a custom kernel with these builds?
    * No, there are no custom kernels build based off of our source tree, using our defconfig and which contain the proper ramdisk.
    *Also, doing so makes any feedback useless to us because the kernel and the ROM are a complete package and changing part of that means you may have broken something beyond our control.

Will this be an Official ROM?
    * When all the show stopping bugs are fixed and all the upstream commits are merged, yes.
    * Until then, no because CyanogenMod has very high standards for accepting new devices.

What about the Z008 aka ze550ml?
    * Right now none of the developers who are working on the development own one and therefore we can't support it.
    * One of the developers working on this said he was purchasing one (even though he already owns the ze551ml). When he gets it and has time to work on it we may see it. Without us owning the device though, there will never be support for it.

Do I need to unlock the bootloader?
    * Yes.
    It's "all hands on deck" for M bring up at this point, as soon as M is up and useable we'll revisit any pending issues including BT. Keep in mind both crpalmer and myself support multiple devices so our time is split between them.

We've seen M boot on this device but no where near useable yet, all the things are very much broken. More updates when things work more better.

Sent from my N5206 using Tapatalk
    For tomorrow's build I have added support for the touch screens GLOVE MODE feature. With cooler weather approaching, and a timely example dumped in my lap, it seemed like a good time to add this. Look for new setting under language & input settings, labeled "High touch sensitivity".

Also I've started work on a full control panel for the screen-off gestures. I mostly plan to follow the stock gesture actions, anywhere I can't I'll try to add something useful.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk