Returning GT 10.1 !

Search This thread

tonyurquiza

Sep 20, 2010
So i received the tablet today from amazon. Upon arrival i noticed the really poor job of packing on amazon's part. The box was a cheap thing box with not type of padding like bubble wrap or packing peanuts. My question is who in their right mind decided to ship a $500 item under such poor conditions. I've bought books on amazon with better packing than this! So i open the boxes and take out the tablet and attempt to power it on. No Dice! In every unboxing that i have seen online the reviewer was able to power on the tablet no power. So i think to myself, ok let me plug this in so i plug it in and press the power button and i see the galaxy tab 10.1 screen so you would think hooray right? Wrong! it immediately changed to to this weird battery power off screen and it was a cycle it would come on the turn off on and of etc.. so i think leave it plugged in for a half hour. i come back to find the tablet doing the same thing over and over and over again. At this point i'm fed up! so i call samsung and they could offer me no better solution but to leave it plugged in two hours straight and attempt to power it on again... really? so i do as i was told and still no cigar. So i realized that there is not much to do but send it back to amazon in the A.M great now i have to deal with then :/ Oh well i guess i'm getting an Ipad2. I am not a fanboy heck im not a fan oh most apple products but come on a $500 dollar product only to arrive DOA doesnt fly. Over all the tab looked nice its really sleek thin and light but i wasnt all that thrilled with the plastic back for $500 i prefer something a little bit more durable like real metal not faux brushed metal. At the end of the day i don't know who is to blame. Amazon for thier poor packaging or samsung for a poor product i feel that i will be much easier to just go into an apple store pick an ipad up and if i have any problems i can just go back to the store in order to return instead of dealing with two companies with mediocre customer service. When i drop that much money on something i expect it to work point blank.

kirdroid

Feb 21, 2011
Seattle
May be a bad unit? You can call back amazon and ask them to send a replacement. Ok you had a bad experience but this can happen to any device. If you don't want to deal with online, you can always buy from local best buy store.

If you have already decided to buy the ipad, then good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

vincentm

Mar 22, 2010
Since when does Amazon have mediocre customer service? I have nothing but great things to say about Amazon. So you got a faulty product. They'll ship out a replacement and overnight it to you.

Kayak83

Jul 23, 2010
When you spend that much money, get it at a local store so ups or amazon or who even doesn't ship it like crap. Sounds like you are just angry you can't simply walk into a local store and exchange it for one of thousands of other perfectly built units...

Lesson learned.

tonyurquiza

Sep 20, 2010
yeah i would of picked it up at BB if it wasn't so cheap on amazon. I live in chicago so Taxes is 10% and out of 500 thats about $50 so its $550 it total. And since im a student i get free amazon prime so i get next day shipping for $4 and amazon doesnt charge taxes so its$504 in total the difference is a pretty big chunk of change in my opinion. I don't know i really want the fastes possible solution because i have a trip coming up so ill talk to amazon tomorrow to see what they can do.

dazz87

Apr 27, 2011
So i received the tablet today from amazon. Upon arrival i noticed the really poor job of packing on amazon's part. The box was a cheap thing box with not type of padding like bubble wrap or packing peanuts. My question is who in their right mind decided to ship a $500 item under such poor conditions. I've bought books on amazon with better packing than this! So i open the boxes and take out the tablet and attempt to power it on. No Dice! In every unboxing that i have seen online the reviewer was able to power on the tablet no power. So i think to myself, ok let me plug this in so i plug it in and press the power button and i see the galaxy tab 10.1 screen so you would think hooray right? Wrong! it immediately changed to to this weird battery power off screen and it was a cycle it would come on the turn off on and of etc.. so i think leave it plugged in for a half hour. i come back to find the tablet doing the same thing over and over and over again. At this point i'm fed up! so i call samsung and they could offer me no better solution but to leave it plugged in two hours straight and attempt to power it on again... really? so i do as i was told and still no cigar. So i realized that there is not much to do but send it back to amazon in the A.M great now i have to deal with then :/ Oh well i guess i'm getting an Ipad2. I am not a fanboy heck im not a fan oh most apple products but come on a $500 dollar product only to arrive DOA doesnt fly. Over all the tab looked nice its really sleek thin and light but i wasnt all that thrilled with the plastic back for $500 i prefer something a little bit more durable like real metal not faux brushed metal. At the end of the day i don't know who is to blame. Amazon for thier poor packaging or samsung for a poor product i feel that i will be much easier to just go into an apple store pick an ipad up and if i have any problems i can just go back to the store in order to return instead of dealing with two companies with mediocre customer service. When i drop that much money on something i expect it to work point blank.
Really? return the tablet and go get yourself a ipad. Troll

tonyurquiza

Sep 20, 2010
Really? return the tablet and go get yourself a ipad. Troll

lololol troll?! Well I don't see how im a troll? I mean why would I get a gt in the first place?! I mean this forum is great but then you have people like this who are quick to cry troll. Your quick to judge I didn't even resolve my issue before you open your mouth. I just said I wanted an ipad because I actually used one and ita flawless not gonna lie it feels sturdier os is stable and tons of apps and accessories but I love the Android os and the fact you get to customize it more then IOS. I know honeycomb is practically a beta and unfinished os but I don't mind I know great things are in store for it like windows phone I got it before the nodo update knowing its gonna be a great platform and look now here comes mango to make it a heavy hitter. So so call me a troll I think all the major os,s are great and I give everything a chance.

FYI I talked to Amazon and im giving this tab another shot turns out their chat support runs rings around their phone support. So troll on that!

NyPlaya513

Dec 27, 2010
New York
lololol troll?! Well I don't see how im a troll? I mean why would I get a gt in the first place?! I mean this forum is great but then you have people like this who are quick to cry troll. Your quick to judge I didn't even resolve my issue before you open your mouth. I just said I wanted an ipad because I actually used one and ita flawless not gonna lie it feels sturdier os is stable and tons of apps and accessories but I love the Android os and the fact you get to customize it more then IOS. I know honeycomb is practically a beta and unfinished os but I don't mind I know great things are in store for it like windows phone I got it before the nodo update knowing its gonna be a great platform and look now here comes mango to make it a heavy hitter. So so call me a troll I think all the major os,s are great and I give everything a chance.

FYI I talked to Amazon and im giving this tab another shot turns out their chat support runs rings around their phone support. So troll on that!

i think the legit truth is that you had 3x bad luck. A. terrible packer, B. non working product, C. a complete noob phone support 1st day worker.

anaphora68

Jul 4, 2010
I've been an Amazon prime customer for years. Put a request in online for someone to call you. You get a call from their Customer Service in minutes, and they will resolve the issue immediately. I have done this numerous times, and is also why I'm willing to pay 70 dollars a year for Prime.

00r101

Sep 14, 2010
You know. It sounds to me like what we actually have here is a guy who was too impatient to hold the button down for the 5 seconds required to start the boot up process.

Try it yourself with your tab. First shut it down. Next press the button for a second. What happens? Nothing, black screen. Do this repeatedly, each time just press the on button for less than a second.

Now get fed up and plug it in. What do you see? The battery icon for a little while then nothing. Press the on button for a second. What do you see? The battery icon which goes away after a little while.

So, OP. If you still have the unit, try holding the on button down for 10 seconds and see what happens. If not, Amazon customer service will be happy to accept it as a return. But please, don't bad rap Amazon or Samsung for this problem until you make sure the problem is not yours.

MisterEdF

Apr 29, 2010
Florida USA
I had the same problem. In my case it was because the battery was totally drained. After charging for 15 minutes it started up just fine and has worked fine ever since. As for Amazon's packaging, the interior of the Tab's box is so well protected, and the box is so light the packaging isn't a problem.

NyPlaya513

Dec 27, 2010
New York
I had the same problem. In my case it was because the battery was totally drained. After charging for 15 minutes it started up just fine and has worked fine ever since. As for Amazon's packaging, the interior of the Tab's box is so well protected, and the box is so light the packaging isn't a problem.

he stated he did as the samsung rep told him and charged it for 2 hours......so it wasnt the battery

Techno79

Jun 23, 2008
I am not a fanboy heck im not a fan oh most apple products but come on a $500 dollar product only to arrive DOA doesnt fly.
To be fair, any product of any value will have "some" chance of being DOA. Being DOA doesn't mean it was dead when it left the Samsung factory or Amazon warehouse as it could have died en route (most likely cause as you mentioned the lack of packaging).

Over all the tab looked nice its really sleek thin and light but i wasnt all that thrilled with the plastic back for $500 i prefer something a little bit more durable like real metal not faux brushed metal.

Many people said the same thing about the flimsy looking back of the Samsung Galaxy S II. However, I saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErXqnQKs-tA and it just goes to show that Samsung really do know how to design products. Although materials may feel lightweight and cheap, I'm fairly sure they'd be robust and reliable. After all, Samsung would incur the cost via warranty repairs if they made it poorer quality so it's probably cheaper for Samsung to use high quality material.

Overall, I do think it is strange for Amazon to provide no packaging protection for an item like this. At the very least, complain to Amazon, they might give you a goodwill gesture coupon/voucher or part refund for the hassle.

SR45

May 26, 2011
Wish some of you immature members would stop calling the OP a troll. No evidence of that. He is just angry and disappointed with the tab. Anyone else who is disappointed should watch out, since we have immature members on this forum that call people trolls out of the blue. Just if I would call those that do just simple minded FanBoys. :mad:

speedracex

Jul 3, 2010
you don't even have to call Amazon, just go into your account, choose returns, and choose replacement. They will ship you a new tab overnight (if its currently in stock) And print out a label and drop the old one off at UPS/fedex/usps, whatever carrier they choose.

I get a minimum of 5-10 packages a month from amazon, ive been a Prime member for 3 years at least. Ive seen super expensive items come with the worst packing ever, and some of the cheap items, super secure. I'm not exactly sure why some things are packed better than others. You can go into your account and rate the packaging job on every item you order from them. Anytime something gets damaged I go ahead and do that.

brobits

Jan 8, 2011
FL
Just to let you know, your keyboard does have a spacebar and a period key.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hmmhh... Fanboy starts trolling :(

sent from my Desire...
    So i received the tablet today from amazon. Upon arrival i noticed the really poor job of packing on amazon's part. The box was a cheap thing box with not type of padding like bubble wrap or packing peanuts. My question is who in their right mind decided to ship a $500 item under such poor conditions. I've bought books on amazon with better packing than this!

I agree 100%. When mine showed up it was in the same packaging as they send books. a thin surround of cardboard. When I ordered a brita filter replacement last week they sent it in a huge box with 10 air bags around it. So strange.

I was annoyed because UPS doesn't treat their packages very nicely, and the outer box was all dinged up, so when I opened it, the inside box was dinged up too.

I sent Amazon an email and said they should really do a better job packaging because I spent $600 and the product's box was dinged up. I wasn't expecting anything, but they replied saying sorry, and that they credited me back 10% plus shipping ($63.99) to my credit card. Nice! I am not sure if it's because I've spent $10,000+ with them year to date, or if it's because I'm prime, but great customer service :)