HTC amaze case with noise cancellation holes?

Search This thread

junkeeroo

Apr 5, 2010
Hi all,

Any good hard cases out yet that have the holes (3 that surround the camera lens and flash).

Reading through all the threads, I've come across this one only... Thanks to poster (forget name).

Edited by Moderator: [ebay link removed]

XDA prohibits posting links to external sites such as ebay and craigslist. Please take a few minutes to read the rules. :)

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA App

Last edited by a moderator:

Azeus101

Sep 3, 2011
Body Glove Amaze 4G Shell w/ Kickstand - Silver

all4cellular has some good pics of it.

The kickstand is nice, works vertical and horizontal, hard shell snaps on, does not come off easily.

Reactions: junkeeroo

peterg21

Dec 9, 2011
I am in Canada and have been looking for a decent TPU case for the Amaze. I don't want to order the case online as I want to actually physically see and feel the case, the main issue with TPU cases and the Amaze being pushing the volume rocker buttons which can be very difficult.

Of the two cases I have played with, the one that is easier - a lot easier - in changing the volume does not have the 3 holes around the camera and the flash. So I went on a quest on this site, google and HTC themselves to try and find out exactly what the 3 holes were for.

Yes, the conventional wisdom is that these 3 holes are for noise cancellation but it is not as simple as that. I took off the back of the phone and examined the back and the chassis itself. Two of the holes apparently seem to correspond directly with antennae and do not seem to have much, if anything, to do with microphones. The one which most probably deals with noise cancellation is to the right of the flash LEDs.

The next question is noise cancellation with respect to what? Is this to do with voice calls or video recording or both? Two calls to HTC and the first person in tech support did not even know there were any holes there and even pointing her to photos on the htc website of the back did not result in her seeing the holes. So I phoned back again and this person was somewhat more clueful but was unable to provide me with anything really conclusive.

When it came to noise cancellation she said that with this phone and most HTC phones, the noise cancellation is primarily (if not exclusively) for video recording. That could be what the one hole is for.

I then did a test with the 2 cases (one with holes and the other not) in a noisy environment with the noise essentially coming from one source (an area facing the rear of the phone) and called my voicemail at home and left messages. When I came home I really did not hear any more material difference between the two calls.

The reason I went to all this trouble was basically because I tried to justify getting the phone without the 3 holes at the back.

seansk

Feb 15, 2010
Los Angeles
Hi all,

Any good hard cases out yet that have the holes (3 that surround the camera lens and flash).

Reading through all the threads, I've come across this one only... Thanks to poster (forget name).

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=270855293133

Cheers

bought this I"m very very very very happy with it, I wasn't expectig much for 8 bucks but its better than a lot of cases I've had...soft rubber touch, with hard case...does not cover ANY buttons and usb plugs is beautifully...very very tough as well...you won't be dissapointed I promise :)

here's the white, what I have

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270855293133&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1123

here's the black

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-RUBBE...ccessories&hash=item3a6ca360c8#ht_1903wt_1163..

you can also look through the case_ology ebay store they have awesome cases.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

bought this I"m very very very very happy with it, I wasn't expectig much for 8 bucks but its better than a lot of cases I've had...soft rubber touch, with hard case...does not cover ANY buttons and usb plugs is beautifully...very very tough as well...you won't be dissapointed I promise :)

here's the white, what I have

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270855293133&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1123

here's the black

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-RUBBE...ccessories&hash=item3a6ca360c8#ht_1903wt_1163..

you can also look through the case_ology ebay store they have awesome cases.

oh haha, I guess I posted this in another forum...yes I was the poster...its a good case.

Last edited:

junkeeroo

Apr 5, 2010
Thanks, Sean.

(Is there a Thanks button on the forum app?)

seansk

Feb 15, 2010
Los Angeles
I called HTC today and they said NOT and they emphasized NOT to cover those holes, they will affect rectption etc. They were not specific on what each hole is for there are three around the camera, does anyone know, exactly what each one is for...
my guess is one is for noise cancellilng, one for wifi and one for cellular, but don't know which is which...I believe the right one is for noise cancelling, not sure what the top and left are for? anyone know??
thanks

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

I called HTC today and they said NOT and they emphasized NOT to cover those holes, they will affect rectption etc. They were not specific on what each hole is for there are three around the camera, does anyone know, exactly what each one is for...
my guess is one is for noise cancellilng, one for wifi and one for cellular, but don't know which is which...I believe the right one is for noise cancelling, not sure what the top and left are for? anyone know??
thanks

Figured it out all by self mom!!!!

Did a quick test with the backplate off moving around the house,
left hole is for WIfi,
Top hole is for noise cancellingr,
Right hole is for cellular radio
back hole is for......!!!! :eek: j/k

Last edited:
Reactions: Snakecharmed

hd2joel

Apr 29, 2010
thanks

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Figured it out all by self mom!!!!

Did a quick test with the backplate off moving around the house,
left hole is for WIfi,
Top hole is for noise cancellingr,
Right hole is for cellular radio
back hole is for......!!!! :eek: j/k
One hole for noise canceling. Other two for stero recording for camcorder. You guys don't research your phones much that is explained on many websites. Google amaze 4g specs plenty of websites explain that. What would a pin hole have to do with WiFi and cell reception. This the first electronic device you have ever owned that doesn't even make sence.

Reactions: imatrap

phanompin23

Aug 5, 2010
Guitar Center
One hole for noise canceling. Other two for stero recording for camcorder. You guys don't research your phones much that is explained on many websites. Google amaze 4g specs plenty of websites explain that. What would a pin hole have to do with WiFi and cell reception. This the first electronic device you have ever owned that doesn't even make sence.

Yes. Technically all MICROPHONES!

Petronoid

Jun 11, 2011
I bought one from tpu-cases.com shipped to Canada in a week. Very happy with the case. It has all the right holes in the right spots ;-)
Try coupon code "xda" for $2 off. So you'll have the case shipped for around $12.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium

shuvarts

May 6, 2012
Seattle
I bought one from tpu-cases.com shipped to Canada in a week. Very happy with the case. It has all the right holes in the right spots ;-)
Try coupon code "xda" for $2 off. So you'll have the case shipped for around $12.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium

+1 to this. I bought it from amazon. I think the brand name is Diztronic. I got mine from amazon for $10 shipped (amazon prime :D). So far, the the diztronic tpu case seems to work perfect for me: it got the holes, has a nice feel to it, and does not feel very bulky too. It also has a pretty good review on Amazon.

I use the black color, but the grey smoke seems pretty cool too. Based on the amazon review, the grey smoke looks better on black amaze (which made me regret it now, I should've tried the grey smoke color :mad:).

ziggy46

Aug 18, 2011
Chambersburg, Pa
+1 to this. I bought it from amazon. I think the brand name is Diztronic. I got mine from amazon for $10 shipped (amazon prime :D). So far, the the diztronic tpu case seems to work perfect for me: it got the holes, has a nice feel to it, and does not feel very bulky too. It also has a pretty good review on Amazon.

I use the black color, but the grey smoke seems pretty cool too. Based on the amazon review, the grey smoke looks better on black amaze (which made me regret it now, I should've tried the grey smoke color :mad:).

i have a clear smoke case.... wanna trade? lol

Top Liked Posts