OTA Update IMM30B 4.04

Search This thread

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
custom whatever is safe.

Just keep the radios 4.0.2 before patching.

crazifyngers

Nov 15, 2007
@bfroehlich that is the norm. i'm waiting for that to flash. i have ddms open on my phone waiting for the update as well if no one posts it first.

hotleadsingerguy

Jan 12, 2010
So what are those of us that updated to 4.0.3 radios supposed to do? Will the OTA not hit us now either? I'm assuming there's some checksum in place to make sure the 4.0.2 drivers are installed, but why would it check each individual thing? Why not just check main system version then overwrite the rest.

If I'm going to have to wait for modded 4.0.4 installs I'll be pissed...I like user-made stuff, but not when I have the option to use Google-made stuff.

mhobbs82

Jun 7, 2011
just flashed the 4.0.4 update using CWM after flashing the radio patcher from team BAMF mentioned earlier and I still have root and everything on my phone that was there before the update!!! :)

bfroehlich

Nov 20, 2010
Statesville
It applies, but we were late to the scene to get it pulled.

Right, but we have the .zip file name which is usually the only part we need to complete the URL.

If it were an OTA for the GSM version, it would have been .../google_maguro/....zip. I should have asked if there were any previous official OTA links for the LTE version. Then we would have an "official" link for the new OTA.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
So what are those of us that updated to 4.0.3 radios supposed to do? Will the OTA not hit us now either? I'm assuming there's some checksum in place to make sure the 4.0.2 drivers are installed, but why would it check each individual thing? Why not just check main system version then overwrite the rest.

If I'm going to have to wait for modded 4.0.4 installs I'll be pissed...I like user-made stuff, but not when I have the option to use Google-made stuff.

You will have to reflash 4.0.2 radios and bootloader temporarily using fastboot before applying the update (which updates them anyways).

Here's links to each one you will need:

Bootloader
Radio
Radio-CDMA

Issue the following commands:

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-toro-primekk15.img
fastboot flash radio radio-toro-i515.ek02.img
fastboot flash radio-cdma radio-cdma-toro-i515.ek05.img

After that just boot into recovery and try to update again.

Attachments

• adb-fastboot.zip
    406.7 KB · Views: 37

hotleadsingerguy

Jan 12, 2010
You will have to reflash 4.0.2 radios and bootloader temporarily using fastboot before applying the update (which updates them anyways).

Bootloader
Radio
Radio-CDMA

Apologies for lack of understanding, but I have to flash the 4.0.2 bootloader *and* radios before installing this update? I'm fine doing it, but when I installed the 4.0.3 radios I literally just CWM'd 1 zip file and was done with it. Like an idiot I recently deleted the 4.0.2 radio file from my phone...guess I could have just flashed that back.

So just run those 3 using flashboot and then run the 4.0.2 OTA? Would it be the same as CWMing the 4.0.2 radios (if I can find them again)?

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Apologies for lack of understanding, but I have to flash the 4.0.2 bootloader *and* radios before installing this update? I'm fine doing it, but when I installed the 4.0.3 radios I literally just CWM'd 1 zip file and was done with it. Like an idiot I recently deleted the 4.0.2 radio file from my phone...guess I could have just flashed that back.

So just run those 3 using flashboot and then run the 4.0.2 OTA? Would it be the same as CWMing the 4.0.2 radios (if I can find them again)?

You probably used a zip files that just scripted those commands in. I'm not if it modified the bootloader for you or just the radios but to be on the safe side you should reflash all of them. Then just run the 4.0.4 update in CWM.

Oh....and obviously I'm assuming you are on 4.0.2 system partition? If not then you will have to reflash that as well.

hotleadsingerguy

Jan 12, 2010
You probably used a zip files that just scripted those commands in. I'm not if it modified the bootloader for you or just the radios but to be on the safe side you should reflash all of them. Then just run the 4.0.4 update in CWM.

Oh....and obviously I'm assuming you are on 4.0.2 system partition? If not then you will have to reflash that as well.

Ya I'm running stock except the radios. I'll run the 3 and get back to you on the rest...just NAND backupped so gonna flash this stuff while I'm going to get food =P

mcbrocker

Dec 17, 2011
on liquid beta 2 new radios are working for me, flashed in cwm

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

SoCmodder

Dec 15, 2010
Alexandria
So maybe I'm an idiot, but I just flashed the patcher and my baseband didn't change. We should be moving up to .10 correct?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, so I recently flashed this rom. Works great, nice and fast, noticeable improvements all around.

Before I flashed it I was running stock 4.0.2 rooted

Upon flashing it Ive lost root privilages. So I go to reroot using a terminal in ADB "adb reboot bootloader"

I get to fastboot, hit recovery, and I get the freakin exclamation point. After scouring around for an answer one such solution seems to be to delete the file /System/boot.p

I hit mount as R/W in root explorer, attempt to delete the file with a press and hold and tapping delete. I get the message that the file cannot be deleted because it is read-only. Im guessing I cant delete it because Im not rooted(hence mount as R/W) but I cant boot into CWR and root SO i can remove it.
    Here's the deal:
    1) Every OTA update changes the permissions on the su binary, so you effectively lose root access.
    2) Every OTA update to date places 2 files on your ROM that are responsbile for re-flashing the stock recovery (which is what you are seeing, i.e., "the freakin exclamation point") on EVERY boot. As long as these two files exist on your ROM, your CWM recovery will disappear after a reboot.

What you need to do is re-boot you device into fastboot mode and flash CWM, then boot into CWM, delete those 2 files, then change permissions on the su binary, and you are all set.

Here's a step-by-step (which assumes you have the drivers for your device installed):
    1) Download the attachment and extract it to a directory on your computer.
    2) Download CWM, rename it to cwm.img and place it in the same directory.
    3) Reboot your device into fastboot mode and plug it into your computer.
    4) Open a command prompt in the same directory and do the following:

1) Flash CWM: fastboot flash recovery cwm.img
    2) Boot CWM: fastboot boot cwm.img
    3) Open a shell: adb shell
    4) Mount the /system partition as r/w: mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /system
    5) Change permissions on su (you will need the right path. mine is in /system/bin): chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
    6) Change permissions on Superuser.apk (not sure this is needed, but it wont' hurt): chmod 0644 /system/app/Superuser.apk
    7) Remove the first file: rm /system/recovery-from-boot.p
    8) Remove the second file: rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
    9) Mount the /system partition as r/o: mount -o remount,ro -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /system
    10) Exit shell: exit
    11) Reboot: adb reboot
    12) Done.

EDIT: I like posting the manual way of doing things, as people learn when they do them that way. But yes, as ATnTdude said, once you boot CWM, you can just flash the su zip file, and it automatically does steps 4,5,6 and 9 for you. You still have to remove the two files yourself.

Bootloader
    Radio
    Radio-CDMA

Sorry, here you go:
    Screenshot_2012-02-04-18-21-58.png