"Main battery: Unknown" problem with 1800mah battery

Search This thread

vijayvasa

May 5, 2007
Dear all,

I have bought 1800mah battery from easydevices.co.uk and gpsforless.co.uk and both the batteries are showing the status as "Main battery: Unknown".:mad: Can any kind soul kindly please post some solution ? I tried replacing some battdrvr.dll with some old one found in this forum , but it dint worked at all and rather started shutting down itself.

Hope someone got their extended 1800mah batteries working properly, can tell me what ROM they are using ?

Kind regards
vj

Last edited:

captainsensible2002

Dec 13, 2005
York
Perhaps he means without the problem referred to by the OP? As that is what the thread is about, not the GPS issue, for which there are other threads :)

BOT - I have this issue with 2 spare 900Mah batteries, so it is not confined to the extended battery. Am trying the drain it/recharge it option. Presumably it doesn't matter if the recharge is done when its in the phone or a standalone charger? Thinking about it, I guess it might matter a lot!

blacktime

May 31, 2007
I believe that the back cover face to make contacts that make better gps.
Take a test, raised the cover battery covers and try to launch such as tomtom, you will see that no locks satellites or locks them with a very long time and with a low signal, then put the cover and see which links immediately satellites and a high signal, raised again the cover and see the signal of satellites coupled fall relentlessly until you have a signal low or even absent ...
So the problem with the battery increased from 1800 I think that depends on the cover that crushes not something that runs the gps.
Why not cover the gps does not work well?

Sorry for my English ...

carlsberg112

Aug 15, 2008
Well i tested a bit.
With original battery and cover GPS is good .
When i put on the other cover GPS is still good .
With the 1800mah battery no GPS dont mather with or withour cover.

What i saw is that the originao battery has some small thing beside the battery connectors , i guess thats for the GPS .
The 1800mah battery doesnt have those .
Well the best is to wait for the HTC more powerfull battery .

purezerg

Feb 12, 2008
singapore
www.andywee.com
ok. i just upgraded to swiftblade v6. and i experienced the problems you guys mentioned. unknown/1% battery issue.

here's what i did. remove the battery for 1min. well, i timed 1 min and it works when i powered it up. update this thread if this method works for you guys.

garfield0007

Jul 23, 2008
unknown battery

I have the same problem with a 2000mAh I bought from dealextreme. Main batt unknown. Normally I wouldn't care about this but my diamond refuses to charge it.
GPS is working excelent, no lag and the sat aquisition is fast
the "thing" near the battery contacts has nothing to do with the GPS since mine it's working just fine
maybe it has to do with batt recognition? anybody?

Last edited:

PaWs

Nov 22, 2005
I have the same problem with a 2000mAh I bought from dealextreme. Main batt unknown. Normally I wouldn't care about this but my diamond refuses to charge it.
GPS is working excelent, no lag and the sat aquisition is fast
the "thing" near the battery contacts has nothing to do with the GPS since mine it's working just fine
maybe it has to do with batt recognition? anybody?

I'm using exactly the same battery from dealextreme and never had any issue with it. GPS and battery meter working fine. In fact, I just ordered my second batt and hope to be as good as first one.
Was on Swiftblabe's v7.0, now Pistonripper's 2.0 if thats of importance.

Jalfrezi

Dec 6, 2008
Woodshires Green, Coventry
i ended up buying a Ecell travel charger and charging it via the mains £1.99 + £1.99 post from ebay. red light needs charging - green light charged, not a cure but an option, mines only for emergancy power whilst using my golf gps software which runs out after 14 holes

just an option :cool:

sugur

Nov 23, 2008
Hyderabad
can any one post the link of the swiftblade that ua saying about..i too have the same problem of main battery unknown..i cant charge and its not showing any status..
what is the swiftblade??is that the rom or radio??please specify and post the link of that particular rom or radio..??im using diamond p3490..with extended battery 1800 mah..
please post the links..