[App][2.1+][TWRP][2013/10/16]Auto Flasher ROM flash util - 1-click, Cloud Sync!

Search This thread

richardddd

Aug 17, 2010
Hello!

Im a flash junkie and I was getting tired browsing trough differend folders in my recovery to flash ROM, kernel, themes, tweaks etc - every time i wanted to update my ROM.

Thats why i created this simple app to do the job for me.

Auto Flasher lets you create rules for flashing different types of zips on your SD-card, based on file name pattern.

The last modfied file matching one of your rules is then used in recovery, without you having to do anything.

33w6p78.png

Download for free:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.davison.autoflasher

Last edited:

richardddd

Aug 17, 2010
changelog:
version 0.9.4
- bugfix for flash dialog
- experimental fix for external SD

version 0.9.3
- restructured flash dialog
- added option to remove old files

version 0.9.2
- fixed issue when reordering didn't stick on restart
- minor ui update
- fixed some typos

version 0.9.1
- fixed small issue where sd card button showed up falsely

version 0.9
- small UI fixes
- added external & internal sd card button

version 0.8
- added ability to wipe data & backup

version 0.6
- added option to choose which files to flash in confirm dialog

version 0.5
- cloud sync introduced! unlimited cloud sync without registration, just enter user id and password (encrypted)
- minor bugfixes

version 0.3
- fixed file ordering
- small bugfixes

version 0.23
- init release
faq:
[q]why does this not work with cwm?
[a]cwm uses an encrypted recovery update system that only works with rom manager or devices with rom manager premium

Last edited:

abdulm

Feb 25, 2012
Currently on Earth
Re: [App][2.1+][BETA] Auto Flasher ROM flash util

Great utility, will try. Thanks. Very useful for guys who keep flirting different ROMs

jiovaxrs

Nov 2, 2010
Re: [App][2.1+][BETA] Auto Flasher ROM flash util

Nice, the cool part of this, is we can flash all rom, gaps ,kernel ext... In one clik?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

GuestK00150

Aug 4, 2010
Hey, I really like the idea! First thing that confused me was that when adding a rule the folders are not sorted in any way. Small thing, but would help ;)

Otherwise thanks, I´ll test and report back :good:

richardddd

Aug 17, 2010
Waiting for CWM recovery support:p:p:thumbup::thumbup::p:p

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

CWM will never work with this because the recovery update system is encrypted to work only with ROM Manager. There is an API but that requires users to have ROM Manager premium.

I encourage all to install TWRP instead of CWM so you can use this app and a much better recovery (imo)

kkkhattak

Dec 3, 2011
Peshawar
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Re: [App][2.1+][TWRP]Auto Flasher ROM flash util - 1-click!

CWM will never work with this because the recovery update system is encrypted to work only with ROM Manager. There is an API but that requires users to have ROM Manager premium.

I encourage all to install TWRP instead of CWM so you can use this app and a much better recovery (imo)

Ok :)

karanrajpal14

Feb 4, 2011
Bangalore

Indispensable app for a flashaholic! Great idea! Can you add an option to disable rules, for example, I usually switch between root box and Pac man ROM and I have rules set up for both. I'd like to disable Pac rule when I'm flashing root box. I guess you catch my drift now. What do you say?

kkkhattak

Dec 3, 2011
Peshawar
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Installed TWRP recovery will now try this app:thumbup::thumbup::D:D

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

This app works really awesome:D:D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:
Reactions: fer14

richardddd

Aug 17, 2010

Indispensable app for a flashaholic! Great idea! Can you add an option to disable rules, for example, I usually switch between root box and Pac man ROM and I have rules set up for both. I'd like to disable Pac rule when I'm flashing root box. I guess you catch my drift now. What do you say?

Not a bad idea! What do you think of different "rule sets”? Different pages for your rules so you can sweep the start screen to easy change rules? Tell me what you think of that!

karanrajpal14

Feb 4, 2011
Bangalore

Not a bad idea! What do you think of different "rule sets”? Different pages for your rules so you can sweep the start screen to easy change rules? Tell me what you think of that!

That's cool too :) :thumbup: implement what seems best to you

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk HD

richardddd

Aug 17, 2010

New version is uploaded and will be available in a few hours! This release features cloud sync!

Did not have time to implement different rule sets but you can use different user id's in the cloud sync panel to sync different rules sets :)

For example, I have a user id called "richardddd" with all my files and one called "richarddddk" with just franco kernel as rule :) Super easy to change between devices and rules now with cloudsync!!!

Reactions: fer14

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

Im a flash junkie and I was getting tired browsing trough differend folders in my recovery to flash ROM, kernel, themes, tweaks etc - every time i wanted to update my ROM.

Thats why i created this simple app to do the job for me.

Auto Flasher lets you create rules for flashing different types of zips on your SD-card, based on file name pattern.

The last modfied file matching one of your rules is then used in recovery, without you having to do anything.

33w6p78.png

Download for free:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.davison.autoflasher
    changelog:
    version 0.9.4
    - bugfix for flash dialog
    - experimental fix for external SD

version 0.9.3
    - restructured flash dialog
    - added option to remove old files

version 0.9.2
    - fixed issue when reordering didn't stick on restart
    - minor ui update
    - fixed some typos

version 0.9.1
    - fixed small issue where sd card button showed up falsely

version 0.9
    - small UI fixes
    - added external & internal sd card button

version 0.8
    - added ability to wipe data & backup

version 0.6
    - added option to choose which files to flash in confirm dialog

version 0.5
    - cloud sync introduced! unlimited cloud sync without registration, just enter user id and password (encrypted)
    - minor bugfixes

version 0.3
    - fixed file ordering
    - small bugfixes

version 0.23
    - init release
    faq:
    [q]why does this not work with cwm?
    [a]cwm uses an encrypted recovery update system that only works with rom manager or devices with rom manager premium

Next version will also feature simple cloud synchronization without having to register or anything, just enter ID and Pass to store or retrieve your flash rules :)
    Very nice app with a very good idea behind it :good:
    Here's a little tip that should make it work with CWM & other recoveries (I assume you use OpenRecoveryScript currently) :

CWM and other recoveries use a similar automation-scripting technique as OpenRecoveryScript for TWRP, this script should be placed in /cache/recovery/command and uses the following syntax (these are the only commands I know but it should be enough for this purpose) :
    Code:
    --wipe_dalvik
    --wipe_cache
    --wipe_data
    --update_package=path/to/flashable/package.zip
    boot-system
    boot-recovery

So you could use something like this in addition to your current OpenRecoveryScript code :
    Code:
    Runtime mRuntime = Runtime.getRuntime();
                          Process mProcess = null;
                          DataOutputStream mOutput = null;

try{
                              mProcess = run.exec("su");
                              mOutput = new DataOutputStream(mProcess.getOutputStream());
                              mOutput.writeBytes("echo \"--update_package=path/to/flashable/package.zip\" >> /cache/recovery/command\n");
                              mOutput.writeBytes("echo \"--wipe_dalvik\" >> /cache/recovery/command\n");
                              mOutput.writeBytes("echo \"--wipe_cache\" >> /cache/recovery/command\n");
                              mOutput.writeBytes("reboot recovery\n"); 
                              mOutput.flush();

}catch(Exception e){
                              Log.e("Auto Flasher", "An Error Has Occured", e);
                              e.printStackTrace();
                          }

I use this in addition to OpenRecoveryScript for the flashable mods in Pimp my Rom. I've just tested it on a CWM-based recovery (the Siyah Kernel one) and it works properly.

Hope this helps a bit, I wish you all the best for your app ;)
    So, this apps is for flashing custom ROM only or it can flash any flashable .zip file? E.g, bootanimation?can i just use this apps to flash bootanimaton or theme for my ROM?:confused::confused:

You can use it to flash whatever you want, bootanimations, kernerls, ROMS, tweaks, themes etc :) And it ONLY works with TWRP because CWM has an encrypted recoveryscript system. So unless the creator of CWM removes the encryption or share his algorithm, it will never work on CWM :(

But why use CWM? TWRP has support for most of the devices and is better IMO :)