[App] Fix red eye

Search This thread

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
The only one red-eye remover that REALLY works!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Store link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/fix-red-eye/fe6d5935-a2d8-4f1c-9135-113c3e00466c

I decided to write this simple app because when I moved all my pictures from the old Lumia 900 to new 920, I found a few (very rare, actually!) pictures with "red eyes", and full absence of the working apps on the Store! (there are few apps pretended to remove red eyes but all of 'em are not working, at least on my pictures!)

This app is working 100%, try yourself! If something not correct or app can't fix the issue, please let me know here and I'll fix it ASAP!

Red eye removal procedure is easy:

● choose photo to edit;
● adjust yellow circle around the eye by drag & pinch gestures;
● press 'apply' button;
● repeat for the second eye;
● press 'save' button.

You may adjust effect intensity by slider.
Photos will be saved to 'Saved Pictures' or 'Camera Roll' albums, originals will remain unchanged (because of WP8 API limitations).

For the limited period of time application will remain free, so hurry up, share 'Fix red eye' app with friends!

May be, in future (if I found time for that) I'll add algorithm to automatically detect red eyes on the picture (but this one isn't simple!) and will ship $1.33 "plus" version.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2,219
  • 2.png
    2.png
    230.3 KB · Views: 2,196
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 2,154
Last edited:

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Wherу did you found a "green" color?! There is no "green color" applied; just red pixels values calculated as an average of blue and green: r = (b + g) / 2
Depending of the original picture (and the real eyes color), the resulting eyes may look gray, brown, greenish or with some blue tones.

BTW, the new version with additional slider (to change eye color tone) is ready. Will be published as a paid app ($1.33) a couple of weeks later.

P.S. AREMA, could you please:
- open corrected picture on the desktop and check for "green" color?
- send that picture to me (and tell me what is the correct eye color - I'll do some experiments...)
Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The only one red-eye remover that REALLY works!

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Store link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/fix-red-eye/fe6d5935-a2d8-4f1c-9135-113c3e00466c

I decided to write this simple app because when I moved all my pictures from the old Lumia 900 to new 920, I found a few (very rare, actually!) pictures with "red eyes", and full absence of the working apps on the Store! (there are few apps pretended to remove red eyes but all of 'em are not working, at least on my pictures!)

This app is working 100%, try yourself! If something not correct or app can't fix the issue, please let me know here and I'll fix it ASAP!

Red eye removal procedure is easy:

● choose photo to edit;
    ● adjust yellow circle around the eye by drag & pinch gestures;
    ● press 'apply' button;
    ● repeat for the second eye;
    ● press 'save' button.

You may adjust effect intensity by slider.
    Photos will be saved to 'Saved Pictures' or 'Camera Roll' albums, originals will remain unchanged (because of WP8 API limitations).

For the limited period of time application will remain free, so hurry up, share 'Fix red eye' app with friends!

May be, in future (if I found time for that) I'll add algorithm to automatically detect red eyes on the picture (but this one isn't simple!) and will ship $1.33 "plus" version.