What Cookie version do you prefer ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch Pro2 (Rhodium) device.

This ROM only works on GSM devices, flashing to a CDMA device will make it non-bootable (flash a stock, or CDMA specific ROM, to recover from that).

I do make a CDMA version (Sprint, Verizon, Altel, etc) and that's found here!

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs about twice a week, as new builds come down the pipe or as new software/updates are available.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
  • Speed !!!
  • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
  • Stability through private beta testing before public release

I pre-configure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, expect the backlight to be set at the maximum brightness, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization). Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

Looking at the download folder you will find two core versions of my ROM.

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy
    smile.gif

• A 29022 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ?
    smile.gif
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

It's definitely the fastest way to get in touch with me and please don't be afraid to tweet me if you see major issues with the ROMs.
I generally do not answer "support" questions on Twitter, as it's really not the proper medium for that. Service packs and quick fixes will always be released as links in my tweets and that's definitely the fastest way to get a fix for a ROM.

To follow me on twitter, click here!

Last edited:

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
They all come in two versions,
Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
quite a few more features and speed.

EnergyROM_Rhodium_Energy.png

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
  • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
  • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
  • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
  • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
  • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <

EnergyROM_Rhodium_Dinik.png

Dinik's "Anastasia"
  • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
  • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc

EnergyROM_Rhodium_Sencity.png

_LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
  • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
EnergyROM_Rhodium_TouchOfGlass.png

DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
  • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
  • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
EnergyROM_Rhodium_GTX.png

ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
  • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
  • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

Last edited:
Reactions: suge_liang

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
'Standard' ROMs that have no addons installed on the homescreen. Stock Sense 2.5 !

EnergyROM_Rhodium_Standard.png

'Energy'

• This series retains the stock functionality of the Sense UI. The files have been compressed by "CFC" compression. making the UI lighter and faster
  • This ROM still retains my theme and style, plus all the regular apps you find in my ROMs.
  • There are no homescreen addon-ons in this ROM. The best speed and the most stock functionality.
EnergyROM_Rhodium_Reference.png

'Reference'

• This ROM is mostly for people that want a close to stock ROM with the stock visual style. It's also perfect for doing your own customizations.
  • A lot of the cooked in apps are removed in this ROM, the Start menu back to the stock 3 row style
  • Sense and everything else is back to the default HTC green.

ROMs mostly created for enthusiasts...

EnergyROM_Rhodium_MaxSense.png

MaxSense UI (android style homescreen)

• This is a complete rewrite of the Sense homescreen, by maxycy.
  • It features a 3 screen, Android style, homescreen with widgets! The widgets can be placed ANYWHERE on the three screens.
  • 75 Quicklink accessible on all tabs
  • You should really visit the original thread for this mod shown on the next line to see all the features!
  • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <.
EnergyROM_Rhodium_Titanium.png

Titanium (ROMs for raw speed!)

• This is a minimal ROM version without Sense in it. It's used primarily for people that like to customize the default 6.5 homescreen (Titanium)
  • You can use it to install alternate homescreen interfaces like SPB Mobile Shell, etc
  • Very low memory footprint and good battery life, but very simple and lacks a lot of features that you would otherwise have available in Sense...
  • ALL my ROMs have Titanium built in already along with Sense, but THIS ROM is Titanium only.

Click the following link for addons, XDA_UC help and various cabs specific to this ROM series

Last edited:

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Sense%20Home%20Cookie.png
Sense%20Email.png
Sense%20Music.png
Sense%20Settings.png
Sense%20Facebook.png
Sense%20CallHistory.png

Start%20Menu.png
Start%20Menu%20Settings.png
Start%20Menu%20Settings%20System.png
Start%20Menu%20Internet.png
Start%20Menu%20Tools.png

Dialer.png
Email.png
Messaging.png
Lockscreen.png

List of installed applications

Games

• Bubble Breaker
  • Solitaire
  • Teeter

GPS

• QuickGPS
  • Google Maps
  • HTC GPSTool
Internet

• Opera 9.7
  • Jbed Java
  • RSS Hub
  • Remote Desktop
  • A couple of widgets for ROM Updates
  • MSN Messenger and Windows Live
  • Facebook
  • Palringo
  • Windows Live
  • Messenger
  • Bing
  • Send and Receive All
  • Data Controller

Multimedia

• Audio Booster
  • FM Radio
  • MP3 Trimmer
  • Voice Recorder
  • YouTube
  • TCPMP
  • InCall Recording

Office Mobile

• Full suite of Office Mobile 2010

Tools

• BsB Tweaks
  • Flashlight
  • Lock Device
  • Microsoft MyPhone
  • Registry Editor
  • PIM Backup
  • FDC TaskManager
  • Wifi Router
  • XDA UC
  • My own Settings Exporter tool
  • Shake and Save (screenshot app)
  • Wifi Monster
  • Wifi Router (internet sharing app)
  • tBattery

On the Start Menu

• Backlight control app
  • Total Commander
  • Rotate Screen (by clicking icon or by pushing down Send key)
  • Windows Marketplace

ROM features at a glance:

• Very fast startup time. You find any startup wizards in this ROM. You'll be up and running in a couple minutes after flashing the ROM.

• XDA_UC is built in. It will import your custom XML and REG files from your storage card after first boot.

• My own Settings Exporter application is found in the Tools folder. Use it to export all your settings after you customize the device. When a new ROM comes down the line, use it to import everything and save time.

• Everything is setup to use the phone right after flashing. Sounds, notifications, etc

• The HTC Messaging client is removed, leaving the windows built SMS client for much faster texting...

Last edited:
Reactions: mohsen.sh

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Release notes

July 4th, 2011

• Wifi Router app updated for more compatibility (especially VGA devices)
  • USSD Service app fixed and updated
  • Removed rogue Imagio bootup welcomescreen and animation
  • Fixed InCall volume issues for 21916 VGA devices ROMs
  • Fixed Bubblebreaker for 21916 ROMs
  • VoIP components thrown back in

-----------------------------------------

July 2nd, 2011

• Updated to 29022
  • Bluetooth HID profiles cooked back in
  • Fixed Opera favorites problem in Titanium ROMs
  • SIM Manager not opening on some devices, fixed
  • Camera version 6.45 from Oboe integrated in all HD2 specific ROMs
  • Added Ninja Duck's "No WIFI Sleep" cab to the addons directory to stop wifi from sleeping during HTC Wifi Sharing operations (http://www.energyroms.com/Addons/Regular%20Addons/index.php)
  • Sencity skinned dialer made by "eac" (only on some devices, HD2 and VGA excluded)

June 1st, 2011

• Fixed Music tab bug where songs don't play all the way or get stuck on "searching"
  • Fixed blue disabled button situation in certain instances, but keeping the WM contacts readable
  • WorldCard Mobile removed from ALL ROMs (useless, broken, app... if you want it there's plenty
    of cabs for it around)
  • Some ICONS are now squared for better compability with SPB and other apps
  • Audiobooster skin for Touch of Glass ROMs (WVGA only)
  • Added nice 28 day Agenda MOD to Calendar tab in Sense (thanks to slabbi! not sure if this got cooked in ?!? feedback please...)
  • Week view in Sense Calendar tab is now more legible with a blue highlight instead of grey
  • Palringo updated to 2.6.2
  • Stock CHT Layout restoration file fixed for all ROMs

GTX Taskbar mod to 21916 ROMs for better visibility of task manager icon
    GTX Skin for TCPMP
    GTX Skin for the MP3Trimmer
    GTX Mod for the CommManager
  • All of the above GTX mods are thanks to member eac ! Romanian power! lol
  • GTX "music widget not displaying on homescreen bug" fixed
  • Slight adjustment to HD2 GTX dialpad

-----------------------------------------

2010 (trimmed) -----------------------------------------------------------
2009 (trimmed) -----------------------------------------------------------
2008 (trimmed) -----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

JVH3

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
Now we have a FAQ system. Feel free to PM me with changes/additions to this!

EXTRA: If you installed a ROM using CHT 2.0 and Sense keeps restarting, the solution is here.

NO NEED TO FURTHER COMPLAIN OR REPORT THIS ISSUE!

1 - THE BASICS:

• GSM vs. CDMA: This thread and ROMs are for GSM phones ONLY! If your phone is CDMA (Sprint, Verizon, Altel, etc.), CDMA versions of this ROM can be found here. Flashing to a CDMA device will make it non-bootable (flash a stock, or CDMA specific ROM, to recover from that).
    How to check if your phone is GMS or CDMA: Look the model number under the battery. RHOD100, RHOD200, RHOD210, RHOD300 are GSM. RHOD400 and RHOD500 are CDMA.
  • Different flavors of the ROM: This ROM is offered in several flavors. Please read the #2 post to better understand each and pick the one you prefer.
  • The numbering system used on the ROM: The ROMs have different builds, identified by a number such as 216xx or 219xx. To learn more about what the numbers mean, some differences between the builds, and performance benchmarks, check this thread.
  • ROM Language: Energy ROMs are available in English and a few other languages. The Chef is progressively increasing the language options, based on demand. However, keep in mind that it is unlikely that there will be a version for every single language, so complaining about it won't help.
  • New versions of the ROM: New versions are posted often. Usually twice a week. There is a changelog in the 3rd or 4th post. However, the Changelog isn’t always up to date. Often the most current changelog is made available first at the Leo (HD2) thread. In order to keep the thread clean, please DO NOT keep asking what is new, or complaining that there is no Changelog. Either wait for one, or flash the ROM and see for yourself.
  • How to flash the ROM: There is an excellent guide here. Also, make sure to read topic # 4 below ("SUGGESTED SEQUENCE TO INSTALL A NEW ROM"), with a suggested sequence to install things progressively, and help you to pinpoint any issues you may have with a new ROM.
  • Radio: Radios are separate from the ROM and control the phone's communication hardware. This ROM DOES NOT change your radio, the same way that flashing a new radio does not change your ROM. Radios may work better or worse depending on your service provider and your location. Radios (and discussions about them) are found here.
  • Battery: This ROM is set for performance, and it is likely it will use more battery. However, after flashing a new ROM, it takes a few charge/discharge cycles for the battery gauge to stabilize, so please refrain from posting comments/complaints about battery life. Some good hints about the battery can be found here.
  • Carrier Provisioning: There are many different carriers, and some require different provisioning. If you are experiencing issues such as sending/receiving SMS/MMS, or your physical keyboard is not mapped corrected, you MAY need to provision for your carrier. For AT&T and T-Mobile, go to Start > Tools > Carrier Provisioning and select your carrier. For other carriers, go to Start > Connections > Connections > Advanced > Select Networks and either select from the drop down menus to edit or click on New to add a new one (you may need to contact your carrier to get the configuration information).
    For AT&T, carrier provisioning can be performed automatically through XDA_UC by copying energy_att.cab from \Windows to \Storage Card\XDA_UC.
  • XDA_UC: EnergyROMs use XDA_UC, which is a tool to automate some of the installation and configuration steps. There is a good thread with XDA_UC hints and tips here.

2 - TWEAKS:

• Add-ons: NRGZ made a few add-ons available on his website. To check them, click here.
  • Settings: The Sense interface has several settings, including the ability to remove tabs or change their sequence. These settings can be found on the last tab, called… Settings! Additional settings can be changed with BsB Tweaks, and Advanced Config, both can be found at Start > Tools.
  • Screen rotation with keyboard closed : Some applications already have the screen rotation activated by default. In order to activate others, you either go to Start > Tools > BsB Tweaks > Menu > Rotation, or install a program such as ChangeScreen. If you are familiar with editing the Registry, additional applications can be also be added at HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSensor\GSensor.
  • Changing the Time Zone: Go to Start > Settings > Clock & Alarms.
  • Changing the soft keys on the Home screen: To change the left soft key, use Start > Tools > BsB Tweaks > Menu > Left Manila Softkey. There is no user accessible way to change the right soft key.
  • Closing or changing the soft keyboard: The builds running Windows Mobile 6.5.3 have a special way of dealing with the soft keyboard. If you tap on the the right side of the keyboard icon, you get the menu which presents you with a choice of soft keyboards. Tap anywhere on the icon to open or close the soft keyboard.
  • Disabling internet push: Newest versions of EnergyRom have internet push enabled. If you prefer to disable it, the instructions are here.
  • Notifications: If you are not receiving a notification (such as when you receive a SMS or e-mail), or want to change your notification settings and sounds, go to Start > Settings > Sounds & Notifications > Notifications. Click on the drop down menu to select the event you want to configure. If you want to manage the led notifications, install the cab posted here.
  • The phone no longer asking about USB connection type when connecting it via USB: Go to Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC and check the last box (the one that says “Ask me first…”)
  • FM radio: Newest versions of EnergyRom were modified to allow the use of FM Radio without headphones. However, the headphones also worked as antenna. So, if you don’t have a strong FM signal in your area, you may not get any station. Some people resolved the problem by plugging the headphone adapter (the rectangular dongle) into the phone, and sticking the stylus into the adapter's headphone jack. This way, the stylus works as an antenna.
  • Twitter tab: If you don't flash new ROMs very often, or if you get many tweets in a short period of time, you may want to clean them once in a while as ALL of them get stored on your phone, and this can cause performance issues. To do that, turn off Sense (Start > Settings > Home > Items > uncheck HTC Sense) and then delete the files in \Temp\twiteng\Db. Make sure not to delete any other files in the \Temp\twiteng directory. The other folder stores your log in token file. After doing that, do not forget to turn Sense on again.
  • SMS "traditional" look: If you don't like the new style of SMS in some of the EnergyROM builds (the "balloons"), you can revert back to the traditional one by installing this cab, ripped from the stock ROM.
  • Increase the Number of Allowed Recipients in Group SMS: The max number of default contacts to send a group SMS is 10. You can change it to 50 by changing the registry entry
    HKLM\Software\Jataayu\Messaging\MaxRecipients
  • Change Windows Mobile SMS Client skin: To change the "skin" used for Windows Mobile SMS Client ONLY please follow the directions in this thread. For example: The Astronaut Manila skin is available as a .CAB and will revert your SMS style back to "default" or "original" style. Additionally, you may choose to further customize your own style by making changes to the CSS (documentation is in the posted thread).
  • Video Codec suggested settings: If you are copying a video to play on your phone, these are some setting a member successfully tested:
    Xvid/Divx compatible (h.263)
    File Extension: m4v or mp4
    fps: 23.976
    Resolution: 800x480 (400x240 for smoothest video)
    Video Bitrate: 600-800 kbps
    Audio Bitrate 128-192 Stereo
    This was tested with AVS Video Converter. Results with other encoders may vary. VBR (variable bitrate encoding) will give better quality if you encoder supports it but will take longer..
  • Splash Screen: The splash screen is that initial screen that shows when you turn the phone on. Usually it shows "TouchPro2". Some ROMs change the splash screen, but EnergyROMs don't.
    If somehow you changed your splash screen by either flashing a different one, or by flashing a different ROM that changed it, and you want to revert back to the original screen, download it from here. To flash, follow the same procedure you would execute when flashing a ROM.
    NOTE: Performing Task29 DOES NOT erase your splash screen (or your radio).
  • Physical keyboard repeat rate: In Settings> Personal> Buttons, there is an "Up/Down Control" tab. There, you can adjust the repeat rate and the delay before repeating for all hardware keys (despite the name "Up/Down Control"). Both are set to the fastest settings on EnergyROMs.
  • Playing music with screen off: If you want to be able to play music with the screen off to save battery, install this cab. NO LONGER NEEDED AFTER AUG 22, 2010 as the change is already cooked in.
  • Changing the environment variables, such as default save path for cameras, documents, etc.: To change the default locations, go Start > Tools > Advanced Config> Locations and make the changes you want by either picking the right folder from the drop down menu or by clicking on "browse", and navigating to the folder you want, and then clicking on "Select". Do not forget to press "Done" in order to save your changes.
  • Increasing the in call volume: If the volume while in call is too low and you already adjusted the volume to the maximum, install this cab, and restart the phone.
  • Enabling Cingular Video for AT&T users: Apply the cab posted here.
  • Additional Tips & Tricks: Can be found on this post created by JVH3. It also has his reviews of ROM versions.

3 - SOLUTIONS TO ISSUES:

ATTENTION: IF YOU ARE OVERCLOCKING YOUR PHONE AND EXPERIENCING ANY ISSUES, FIRST OF ALL TEST IT WITHOUT OVERCLOCKING. A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN REPORTING WEIRD ISSUES AND END UP FIGURING OUT THEY WERE BEING CAUSED BY OVERCLOCKING.

• Lack of memory to run programs (aka memory leak): If you are running out of memory you may experience correspondent error messages, or find out that some programs are unable to open, or that they suddenly close. Windows Mobile and many applications don't handle memory well, causing your phone to run out of memory to process the applications. THIS IS NOT A DEFECT OF THE ROM, so please DO NOT post complaints, or bug reports about it. A quick solution is either multi-task less, or reboot your phone regularly to "recover" the memory. An excellent analysis with some suggestions was posted here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7005311&postcount=21054
  • Wrong physical keyboard configuration: If you are using AT&T or T-Mobile, and you are experiencing issues with the physical keyboard key configuration (FN not working, for example), you need to run the Carrier Provisioning that can be found at Start > Tools. Another alternative is to use a key remapper program such as this one.
  • Wrong or not getting “My Location” (on the Weather tab or Home): Your location is determined according to the cellular towers nearby. Depending on where they are and on the signal strength you are getting, you may see a wrong location. However, not all towers work for this despite the signal strength. Possibly they just don't send the request. Possibly they don't return the result. Some people reported that switching 3G off or off/on helped, but results vary. GPS and the ROM itself have nothing to do with it. An alternative is to add your city by clicking on the clock at the Home screen and then on Add City. The location feature depends heavily on Google's data about location. If Google's servers can't figure out where you are, your "My Location" feature will simply not work.

For people with AT&T: one member successfully fixed the location issue by installing the latest stock AT&T ROM (which updated the Radio and Rilphone) and then flashed the EnergyROM. His location then started to work fine. See his post here. MAY BE similar procedure would work for other carriers, using their correspondent stock ROMs.
  • ActiveSync unable to synchronize via USB: Some people reported that going to Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC and disabling 'enable faster data synchronization' worked for them, but results vary. This issue happens more often with Vista/Windows 7.
  • ActiveSync showing error 0x85010013 on the PC while trying to synchronize, unable to contact Exchange: Try the solution posted here, which was reported to have resolved the issue.
  • Incorrect unread count (SMS or e-mail): Normally this is caused by a PIM backup that was restored. Two solutions (a procedure and a cab) can be found here. Microsoft My Phone (under Start > Tools) is a better alternative to backup your PIM and other things such as documents, music, pics, etc.
  • Incorrect unread count (voice mail): Leave another message for yourself, retrieve and delete it. It should resolve the count error.
  • Phone showing there is a voice message but there is none: This may happen once in a while. To clean it, leave a voice message for yourself, retrieve it, and delete it. This will clean the notification.
  • Lack of weather updates: Sometimes the default weather server is down for a while and updates fail. An alternative would be to switch to Conflippers weather server, or enter your own in. The Weather City Editor created by JVH3 has that option, and can be found here.
  • Displaying some non-English fonts: If you installed a non-English font (like Chinese) and is having issues, or if you prefer the old font used (Tahoma) than the new one (Calibri) try this fix by changing this registry entry: HKLM\System\GDI\SYSFNT\Nm =Tahoma or by downloading and installing this CAB. Either way, perform a soft reset afterwards.
  • Strange characters on Quick Shutdown: If Quick Shutdown (the application that runs when you press and hold the power button) shows strange characters and you have changed your Regional Settings to something other than "English (United States)", then you will have to install a more current version of Quick Shutdown that supports other languages. It can be found here.
  • Difficulty in getting a GPS satellite lock: You may want to try this solution, which uses aGPS to obtain a faster lock. If you want to automate it using XDA_UC, check this post here.
  • Call waiting issues: There has been two types of call waiting issues identified:
    1- Some people reported that their phones do not get a call waiting beep when they are on the phone and there is another incoming call. If you are experiencing this problem, a solution was posted here.
    2- Others report that instead of getting a call waiting tone, the second call causes the first one to drop. In such case, the solution is here.
  • Garmin not working or freezing: This is caused by Ameba's position fix. Make sure Garmin (My Device/Garmin/que.exe) is in the exception list for position fix (NOT close button exception) or disable position fix. Access the options for this using the X-Button application in the Tools folder.
  • Opera displaying an error message every time you boot the phone: If every time you power or reset your phone you get an error message such as "You tried to access the address file://localhost/at, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page", and your ROM is 21xxx, this may be due to PushInternet being enabled by default. In order to disable it, install this cab.
  • Stuck at "Launching HTC Sense...": If you get stuck on this message or if Sense is not loading even though it is checked under Settings > Home > Items, try deleting the folder "Application Data\HTC\databases" on the SD card, if any. Sense will recreate it and it should work fine. If you want an application to do it for you, check this post. NOTE: In the most recent EnergyROMs some changes were made and this folder may no longer exist, what is normal.
  • Freezes: This post addresses several possible reasons and solutions for freezes. Attention: Overclocking your phone may cause freezes. Test it without overclocking to figure out if OC is the culprit.
  • Problems with SD card: If your SD card has problems, it may cause the two issues listed above. If you want to check its integrity and fix any issues, please follow the steps on this post.
  • Wrong SMS Timestamp: If you are receiving text messages (SMS) with the wrong timestamp, what may cause them to be in the wrong order, a solution was posted here.
  • Unable to add a contact from the dialer: On the Aug 28 ROMs, there is a problem with Sense that prevents adding a contact from the dialer (someone calls you and after the call you want to add that person to your list of contacts). This should not be a problem in the most recent ROMs, but if you experience the problem you can use Pyrorob's fix, which can be found here.
  • Wrong time: Several people outside of the US reported problems with time after the US changed to/from daylight savings time (aka summer time and winter time). If your clock is one hour (or more) ahead or behind, do not use "get carrier time" and disable "automatic change time zone and clock" in personal -> phone settings.
  • Non-Transparent Contact Background: In some of the recent ROMs the Contact page has some reddish background that makes it difficult to read. The solution (a cab) to make it transparent can be found here.

4 - SUGGESTED SEQUENCE TO INSTALL A NEW ROM:

When flashing a new ROM for the first time, first disable XDA_UC or anything else that automatically installs or configures the ROM. Simply do the carrier selection when it comes up.

1. Download new ROM
  2. Disable XDA_UC and the like
  3. Perform Task29 on the phone
  4. Enter Bootloader
  5. Flash the new ROM
  6. Select carrier
  7. Do some basic testing
  8. Set up some basic stuff manually
  9. Do some testing
If all goes well, and you want to ensure XDA_UC is working fine, you can then re-enable XDA_UC and then Task29 and flash again. If you then seem some odd stuff (like Sense not even loading) you can start to troubleshoot your XDA_UC stuff.

Also, be careful with what other programs such as SPB Backup, PIM Backup, CHT import, Sashimi, etc. restore, as sometimes things don't translate well from one ROM to another.

5 - HOW TO POST A QUESTION ON THE THREAD:

First and foremost, read at minimum the last 2-3 days of posts on the thread to make sure the question was not already answered. If that does not help, then use the search feature of the thread. If nothing is found, then post your question to get help. In the majority of the situations, someone already experienced the problem and a solution was already posted.

In order to get help from other XDA members, when posting a question please make sure to include at minimum:

• The ROM you have (Sense 2.1 or 2.5, build, date)
  • The device you have (there are variants of the Rhodium)
  • The Radio you have
  • Your location
  • Your service provider
  • The steps you took to get to the problem so we could try to reproduce it
  • If you tested it with a bare ROM to confirm it is not something you installed/restored
  • Any pictures showing the screens affected (if applicable)

6 - HOW TO REPORT A BUG:

If you believe you found a bug on the ROM, please report it by sending a Private Message to me, and I will compile a list to be sent to the Chef.

Please make sure to include the items listed above on #5, plus any potential solutions you may have identified.

ATTENTION: IF YOU ARE OVERCLOCKING YOUR PHONE AND EXPERIENCING ANY ISSUES, FIRST OF ALL TEST IT WITHOUT OVERCLOCKING. A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN REPORTING WEIRD ISSUES AND END UP FIGURING OUT THEY WERE BEING CAUSED BY OVERCLOCKING.

Last edited:

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
XDA_UC FAQ

The XDA_UC cooked in my ROMs is modified from the stock XDA_UC made by Noonski. Great addon, by the way... Noonski did a great job with this !

The version in my ROMs is trimmed down to fit the needs of my ROM series.

Some of the extra features are:

• It will copy shortcuts (.lnk files) found in \XDA_UC\Start Menu\ to the device's start menu folder (\windows\Start Menu) in the hierarchy that it finds on the storage card. For example: Let's say you have a navigation package on the storage card, like Navigon. If you make a shortcut to the navigon.exe file as Navigon.lnk and copy it to \XDA_UC\Start Menu\GPS\ as "Navigon.lnk" then on a fresh ROM install it will copy any shortcuts it finds there to the same location on the device, so it'll end up in \Windows\Start Menu\GPS\. This works for other folders on the Start Menu as well. Just put the shortcuts in \xda_uc\Start Menu\ in the folders you will like the shortcuts to appear to, on the device.

• It will copy a custom splash screen from \Storage Card\XDA_UC\welcomehead.192.png to \windows automatically and overwrite the one in the ROM.

• It will copy a custom Sense background found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\sense\wallpaper_sense.png to the device and set that wallpaper as default in Sense. So rename your wallpaper as "wallpaper_sense.png" and drop it in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\sense\ and on the next ROM flash that wallpaper will become your wallpaper in Sense.

Other than that XDA_UC works as designed by Noonski and it will do the following things:

• It will automatically import your PPCbackup (*.pib) file found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\

• It will install custom XDAS scripts found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\

• It will silently install CAB files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\

• It will install special CAB files that require user input (such as Agreements or any type of prompt) found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\SD

• It will silently import REG files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\

• It will silently install REG files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\Exporter, as exported by my own Settings Exporter, ONLY if the "automatic" file is also present in that folder (and it most cases it should be, enable that option in the Settings Export application's menu)

• It will silently import XML files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\

• It will silently import CER files (usually Exchange certificates) found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\

• It will silently run custom MSCR files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\

That's it, but don't forget to checkout the Addons folder and look in the XDA_UC section for tips and tutorials on how to export your email/wifi settings and various little .reg and tweaks you can add to your XDA_UC collection.

As always don't forget to check what installs automatically before reporting a problem with the ROM. Most of the time, if you notice you have a problem that nobody else is experience is because one of the cabs you dropped in the XDA_UC folder is installing automatically while you don't even think about it.

Last edited:

cjm1979

Apr 9, 2009
Batley
To sort the text messaging issue out, go to the wvga tweaks and set it to wake up the device on new sms.

Ok ive set that and ill see how it goes.
To get around the Manila mail been slooooow ive now copied the tmailsms.lnk from the windows dir and placed it in the start menu, programes folder. I then went into the properties and unticked hidden and system and ticked read only (had to do this because it was getting deleted everytime i soft reset). I also renamed it just to "Mail". Now i can set it to one of the quick link tabs on the home screen.

jezi

Nov 22, 2006
Reno, NV
If you have twitter activated on your phone and follow our Cook, you will know first hand on the latest from him, because he tweets first before going to this forum. Don't forget to check "Download tweets automatically" in Settings to be notified.

Last edited:

CandyAndy

Jul 29, 2009
If you have twitter activated on your phone and follow our Cook, you will know first hand on the latest from him, because he tweets first before going to this forum. Don't forget to check "Download tweets automatically" to be notified.
don't use twitter. Never understood why I would like to follow somebody's twitting:
"just brushed my teeth"
"Watching TV LOL"
"Tired"
"Going to sleep"
"Woke up"

wtf:confused:

Justin241982

Jun 7, 2008
Saint Ignace, MI
I would assume any time that takes longer than normal would end up being a full update because when he just tweaks and adds packages its usually done daily so think of it that way the longer you wait the better the new rom must be because it takes longer to cook in a new version of manila or 6.5 than it does just to tweak and add updated packages.:) So wait in anticipation of somthing great when it takes a while. And let the man breath, please I fix phones and computers and run a video store and working for other peoople is gratifying but hard and tireless work so let the man relax.

daleandla

May 6, 2008
New ROM comin soon!!!

Been awake since last night refreshing page every 10 mins but nothing whats up with that? any way lets hope it comes out soon

From NRG on the 2.1 Thread: Originally Posted by NRGZ28
I'll think about reverting back to the stock behaviour for email accounts. I just having to see the account picker everytime I open my email. With that said, the new ROM is coming today. I've got it finished and it's goooooood.

Whoooo hooooo!:D:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch Pro2 (Rhodium) device.

This ROM only works on GSM devices, flashing to a CDMA device will make it non-bootable (flash a stock, or CDMA specific ROM, to recover from that).

I do make a CDMA version (Sprint, Verizon, Altel, etc) and that's found here!

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs about twice a week, as new builds come down the pipe or as new software/updates are available.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release

I pre-configure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, expect the backlight to be set at the maximum brightness, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization). Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

Looking at the download folder you will find two core versions of my ROM.

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy
      smile.gif

• A 29022 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ?
      smile.gif
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

It's definitely the fastest way to get in touch with me and please don't be afraid to tweet me if you see major issues with the ROMs.
    I generally do not answer "support" questions on Twitter, as it's really not the proper medium for that. Service packs and quick fixes will always be released as links in my tweets and that's definitely the fastest way to get a fix for a ROM.

To follow me on twitter, click here!

Rom Self Help Hotfix...

BTW, the rom is easily fixed with the addition of TWO missed dll's & one MUI.
    HTCSensorService.dll
    HTCSensorSDK.dll
    AccelerometerCalibrator.exe.0409.mui

Using the attached cab will fix all issues with the rom.

Those three added to my rebuild & perfecto....Well, there's still a pesky .net issue from time to time, but I think that is from these different net versions.
    Leaving...

After several years enjoying the evolution of Windows Mobile since version 6.0 with Sleuth ROM running on the first Tilt, later on moving to the Fuze and finally to the Tilt2, I am leaving the scene.

I've been playing with Android, and I liked the ability to change and customize it the same way we do with WM, plus the thousands of applications available.

Therefore, I sold my Tilt2 and got an Android phone. I feel a little bit awkward doing it, but the lack of significant developments on the WM 6.x front has been bothering me.

I hope someone will keep the FAQ updated (volunteers, please contact NRGZ so that he could grant you editing rights to that post).

It was a pleasure and an honor to interact with this great community. I appreciate everyone's efforts to solve problems, push the envelope, make our phones more useful and fun devices.

A special and big THANK YOU to NRGZ, for his outstanding ROM and for his flexibility in trying to satisfy our needs.

See you around on XDA.
    Good evening fellas,

I'm a dutch proud user of touch pro 2 :D
    But I am still running the stock rom >_> Starting to annoy me to be quite honest :p

So I was looking at the forum about wich rom is the best for me.
    And as I read trough this post I would really like to download and install this rom.
    But before I do ... I would like to ask a few question:

1) I type alot on in with my keyboard out. Does this word correctly and the most impoirtant ... does the 'fn' key work? (as in: can I type the symbols on my keyboard)

2) I have my calendar items on the homepage. 3 at a time. Do these show in this one aswell? because the pictures don't show any calender items. I sync trough office 2007 almost everything. Contacs, e-mails and the most important is the calendar.

So would I have any problems with these things? or are you guys hitting your head like: dude .... why didn't you upgrade earlyer :eek:
    Joe, I'll just say this....

I'm not the type to sit there and enumerate a list of "friends" like Laurentius does. It's corny. I'm also not the type to sit there and "credit" every single developer of every single app in my ROM. I credit major contributors, like Cookie and the guys that designed the themes I use in my ROM variations. In short, I credit who *I* feel I need to credit. But overall, I'm not the "crediting type" of guy.

I know you like to get in the nitty gritty of over explaining your point, but realize you're in the minority here. I ask you to stop please. Thanks.

No more arguing about crap that doesn't really matter... This isnt the Android world where everybody has to be credited. We ALL steal from MSFT and HTC when it comes to WM. I'm sure they don't get a rat's ass if I credit them here. Most of the devs that made the little apps in my ROMs aren't around anymore, which is why I DO credit the ones that matter.

Okay, enough rambling. Please consider this matter closed.