Unofficial CarbonROM Discussion Thread (1/31)

Search This thread

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
Not sure if this is in the right place/appropriate, but I noticed that the unofficial CarbonROM thread has been closed. Seeing as how Carbon recently released their first batch of KK nightlies, I figured that it would be good to have a place for bug reports, thoughts on stability, etc, at least until an official ROM thread is opened. Sort of like what is being done with PA4, although that is a bit more official than this. I have the LS980, for what it's worth(which is why I have stuff on that, I can't confirm other variants). :good:

Reported Bugs:

D800

D801
Call Echo present as of 1/30

D802

LS980
Immersive QS tile does not work(Enable through "Expanded Desktop")

VS980

Downloads: http://carbon-rom.com/downloads/

Gerrit: http://review.carbon-rom.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z

Official Changelog(Google Doc): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zcp6iVWVw_7iH-ErnKgkYy3r5QuqV8PHFoQMb8hoBwQ/edit

Last edited:

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
MMS/Voice over LTE fixed in 1/31. Also Immersive mode isn't broken, it is labeled as "Expanded Desktop," but all references to Immersive mode(QS tile and such) do nothing.

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
This is the correct place for this thread.
Is Pie on this ROM or some version? I ran Carbon on my Rezound and loved it.

From what I understand, Carbon is waiting for the Paranoid Android Team to release the new KitKat PIE before they merge it. It may be in the old 4.3 builds though(It was on manta at least).

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
Couple things.

1. Someone on G+ said call echo is there on LS980. I have not been able to replicate the issue. Anybody else?

2. I seem to have Launcher3, rather than the "true" GEL. It is the same, except for GNow functionality(swipe to left to access, namely) is absent. Could be the Gapps package, I'll have to test further.

3. Anyone else unable to download today's nightly? For LS980 2/01, I keep getting bad downloads with md5 mismatches. I tried on my home Wifi and LTE, both have the same issue.

All in all, amazing. I'd like to see some more custimization options, and Halo, but all in due time I suppose. ART also works very well. :D

aaronDroid80

Feb 24, 2011
Mechanicsburg, PA
Couple things.

2. I seem to have Launcher3, rather than the "true" GEL. It is the same, except for GNow functionality(swipe to left to access, namely) is absent. Could be the Gapps package, I'll have to test further.

GEL (Launcher) is dependent on the gapps package. Always has been. Always will be.

On another note, this is the first time I've used Carbon. Very smooth. There are a few things that I've noticed that are "missing". I realize that they may be that way intentionally or not yet implemented. I see that you can't add custom widgets to the lockscreen. The other item is quick reply for text messages. If that's how things have always been, then that's cool.

I've also seen some buggy behavior with active display, but I'll report on that later with logs.

D800

Sent from my Dark Chocolate 4.4 G2

lmarranzino

Apr 4, 2011
Orange County, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23
Checking into see if anyone knows if the other end caller ECHO is gone or ? I can't hear it , the party you are calling hears the Echo. This is for the D801 if anyone knows by chance, I just downloaded the latest yet wanted to check prior.

TIA

jaben2

Oct 27, 2010
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Running on my vs980, no issues to report. Immersive mode works as advertised, as long as you have it enabled in the carbon fibres. Then the toggle works.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

S.AMU

Aug 6, 2013
Offenburg
Can someone say me if carbon roms have to posibility to turn off expanded mode temporarely if I am on the lock screen?
So on lock screen - statusbar
device unlocked - no statusbar
just like in RR for example.

Thanks in advance