[Q] Activate usb deebug from recovery?

Search This thread

buzter87

Nov 12, 2011
Hi,

Installed the Google play editon rom on my HTC One.

But now when i start the phone, it starts up the new rom and when i am about to choose a new language, it restarts, all the time.

So i was about to try to install another rom using adb to push the new file to the phone, but i cant connect the phone to adb or mount usb storage using CWM.

And now i cant start up my phone to activate USB debug. I had the USB debug activated when i rooted and installed the new rom, and adb found my phone then. So all drivers should be fine.

Could anybody help me here?

I am thankful for all the help i can get :)

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Hi,

But now when i start the phone, it starts up the new rom and when i am about to choose a new language, it restarts, all the time.

So i was about to try to install another rom using adb to push the new file to the phone, but i cant connect the phone to adb or mount usb storage using CWM.

And now i cant start up my phone to activate USB debug. I had the USB debug activated when i rooted and installed the new rom, and adb found my phone then. So all drivers should be fine.

1- the newer GPE ROMs require S-Off

2- I think you're using an old recovery, currently TWRP 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 are recommended

3- you don't need to enable USB debug in custom recovery, adb devices or adb push <name of rom>.zip /sdcard/ should work fine, otherwise fix your driver issues/USB ports/OS, etc.

Reactions: buzter87

buzter87

Nov 12, 2011

2- I think you're using an old recovery, currently TWRP 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 are recommended

3- you don't need to enable USB debug in custom recovery, adb devices or adb push <name of rom>.zip /sdcard/ should work fine, otherwise fix your driver issues/USB ports/OS, etc.

hi,

usb drivers and all should be fine. i've tried on several computers now running windows 8 and still dont get any communication while using ADB, but when i try fastboot it communicate.

I managed to install the latest TWRP using fastboot. But still cant push trough files using ADB.

i am abit lost now :confused:

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
hi,

usb drivers and all should be fine. i've tried on several computers now running windows 8 and still dont get any communication while using ADB, but when i try fastboot it communicate.

I managed to install the latest TWRP using fastboot. But still cant push trough files using ADB.

can you post a screenshot of your device manager (when in custom recovery), please check my guide under FAQ #2

Reactions: buzter87

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

hi,

can you post a screenshot of your device manager (when in custom recovery), please check my guide under FAQ #2
    View attachment 2582698

its on norwegian but "one" is under "other units"

Manually update the driver to "My HTC" as mentioned in my guide under FAQ #2