unzip has 350MB of background data (?!)

Search This thread

timonoj

Oct 22, 2010
Hong Kong
Hi guys,

This morning I just found out that unzip is taking 354MB of data just for itself. I never use this app, I just have it installed in case other apps use it as a library (ES file explorer, TB and similar?). Anyone knows what might have caused this crazy usage?

deandoi

Feb 22, 2014
Hi guys,

This morning I just found out that unzip is taking 354MB of data just for itself. I never use this app, I just have it installed in case other apps use it as a library (ES file explorer, TB and similar?). Anyone knows what might have caused this crazy usage?

Cache

deandoi

Feb 22, 2014
...could you ellaborate? Not sure if this means the cache of the device is too large, it's intending to keep some sort of cache for another app (which one?), or something else I don't get.
The unzip app has 0B of cache and 0B of data on storage.

maybe it's storing data from previously extracted files. check you file explorer for the folder of the app.

Reactions: bullseye29

timonoj

Oct 22, 2010
Hong Kong
maybe it's storing data from previously extracted files. check you file explorer for the folder of the app.

Damn. Now I understand. It's my fault due to a very poor explanation (noticed the issue early in the morning, didn't even have breakfast back then). I shoiuld have said 354MB of mobile data, either sent or downloaded.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ...could you ellaborate? Not sure if this means the cache of the device is too large, it's intending to keep some sort of cache for another app (which one?), or something else I don't get.
    The unzip app has 0B of cache and 0B of data on storage.

Damn. Now I understand. It's my fault due to a very poor explanation (noticed the issue early in the morning, didn't even have breakfast back then). I shoiuld have said 354MB of mobile data, either sent or downloaded.

you can restrict background data on certain apps.

cheers ~ :D