4.4.2 ROM Signal Problems.

Search This thread

leo9891

Jan 12, 2012
Deltona
Hey guys, I've been having problems with 4.4.2 KitKat ROMs. I'm not a newb when it comes to flashing ROMs, but whenever I install a 4.4.2 ROM, I lose my service and can't make calls or use mobile data. Now im guessing it has to do with the radio/modem. Now when it comes to radios/modems, im a newb.

Is there something different about 4.4.2 ROMs that I'm not aware about? I've flashed plenty of other ROMs before, but never had this problem.

If any of you guys can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Android_Monsters

Feb 2, 2012
Los Angeles
Here is my about phone screen. Next to baseband it said nb4. What does yours say?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1398142044924.jpg
    1398142044924.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: Karakoram2

leo9891

Jan 12, 2012
Deltona
Mine says MDL. I've flashed ROMs with the NB4 Modem before and same thing. Am I supposed to flash the NB4 Modem on my Stock Rooted 4.2.2 JellyBean first, before I flash the 4.4.2 KitKat ROM?

flipper2006

Jan 22, 2009
Hollywood, FL
Mine says MDL. I've flashed ROMs with the NB4 Modem before and same thing. Am I supposed to flash the NB4 Modem on my Stock Rooted 4.2.2 JellyBean first, before I flash the 4.4.2 KitKat ROM?

I'm having a problem that I cant figure out also. I had Beanstalk, working good.. Then someone posted a beanstalk 0414 link from AT&T . As soon as I did this I had this unresolvable problem where many (not all) cant call me or text me. I can text them and call them. When I call my cell from a desk phone, it says "one moment" or something it gets cut off then it rings my phone. I tried odin'ing nb4 and it's there but my phone just doesn't something.

I went back and odin'ed the stock rom, rerooted etc.. but no difference. same issue. Now I put the original working beanstalk on my phone and its fine other then the issues noted above. I'm in south florida, I wonder if there is an issue with NB4 down here.

PS. When I odin'ed back Stock, my Baseband was still nb4, is this correct? the modem wont change?

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn

This procedure will work, I updated my modem to NB4 before kitkat and had no data loss whatsoever after upgrading to kitkat.
Running Fenny's stock /rooted Rom with no problems. Just follow directions in op. Also running Philz touch recovery.

Pp.

sent from my P5113 using TouchPal mind control keyboard. (Beta)

Reactions: leo9891

leo9891

Jan 12, 2012
Deltona
This procedure will work, I updated my modem to NB4 before kitkat and had no data loss whatsoever after upgrading to kitkat.
Running Fenny's stock /rooted Rom with no problems. Just follow directions in op. Also running Philz touch recovery.

Pp.

Installed NB4 Modem while on 4.2.2 and it worked. Thanks for everyones help. Signal seems to be the same, if not better! Now my recovery is acting wonky, but its not cause of the modem, I know that for sure.... that should be no problem though, I was just inexperienced with modems and needed help with that. Thanks!

Reactions: PanchoPlanet

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
Installed NB4 Modem while on 4.2.2 and it worked. Thanks for everyones help. Signal seems to be the same, if not better! Now my recovery is acting wonky, but its not cause of the modem, I know that for sure.... that should be no problem though, I was just inexperienced with modems and needed help with that. Thanks!

I use Philz touch recovery and have had no problems.
Don't forget to hit thanks button. ?

Pp. ;)

Kriptik210

May 21, 2013
Crystal River
I'm having a problem that I cant figure out also. I had Beanstalk, working good.. Then someone posted a beanstalk 0414 link from AT&T . As soon as I did this I had this unresolvable problem where many (not all) cant call me or text me. I can text them and call them. When I call my cell from a desk phone, it says "one moment" or something it gets cut off then it rings my phone. I tried odin'ing nb4 and it's there but my phone just doesn't something.

I went back and odin'ed the stock rom, rerooted etc.. but no difference. same issue. Now I put the original working beanstalk on my phone and its fine other then the issues noted above. I'm in south florida, I wonder if there is an issue with NB4 down here.

PS. When I odin'ed back Stock, my Baseband was still nb4, is this correct? the modem wont change?

I live in central FL and NB4 works perfect. As for rerooting you would have to flash back to the original modem for it to change. Before you do that, try flashing a different kernel like ktoonzes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is how you flash the nb4 modem.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2678774

Here is my about phone screen. Next to baseband it said nb4. What does yours say?

Pp.

Pp.