LG P500 reboots and sd card

Search This thread

pedroh

Dec 31, 2010
Hello,

I'm a new owner of a phone with android, since a month ago. The problem with my phone is that some time ago it started rebooting about 2 times per day (in some cases rebooting even I'm not touching it)
I tried removing almost all applications and didn't work (the first app was task killer since I read that's not needed).
One thing that may be helping the phone rebooting itself is that some times I see this notification: "SD card removed unexpectedly".
I have a 8gb class 2 card. But I tried with a 4gb class 4 card and same message appear. I tried formating both cards and didn't work.

Anyone can please help?

Best regards,
Pedro

giokspy

Dec 1, 2010
Rethymno Greece
and my P500 do a restart the card SD (2GB, which was from the market) and probably due to the firmware of the LG (it has a .10 b) so I expect the update from LG that fixes the problem

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

The_ERROR

Nov 13, 2010
Ostrava (mostly)
But also thousands of us doesn't have any problems with this. It's really strange and you can not say, that LG is idiots - maybe everything works before on testing. Maybe some factory failed in collecting, maybe some wrong series of components... maybe.... who knows.

One think is true - they should face up to problems and not do, that nothing happened.

Reactions: Xumit

pedroh

Dec 31, 2010
So the only thing that I can do, is wait for an software update from LG? (perhaps android 2.3 resolve it?)

server3249

Dec 18, 2010
Realme GT Master Edition
So the only thing that I can do, is wait for an software update from LG? (perhaps android 2.3 resolve it?)

I doubt whether this is related to software, since other phones don't face this issue. The phone has crashed several times at the end of a call, and I couldn't even press the disconnect button. When the phone doesn't even be stable and do the basic phone features properly, nothing else matters.

sincotan

Jan 9, 2009
bucharest
I also had this problem.
SanDisk 8GB cl2: reboot 2-3 times daily. Best 1% / hour battery.
SanDisk 2GB cl2: remount frequently. 1% / hour battery.
Original card that came 2GB(Samsung?):NO reboot,NO remount, 2% / 8 hours (night) battery!!!

Hesediel

Dec 30, 2010
My sd card didn't remove but the device some times start a reboot, and after a few seconds it enter on the phone (after the text ANDROID when i can see the desktop), when the phone signs he's mounting the sd, the phone goes on reset again and do this for several times, and i can't acess to the device. Some times he works normally.
I tryied to start the device without the sd but when he resets he still reset even without sd, so i don't think this isn't a sd question.
Some one else have this problem?

leonlmf

Dec 19, 2010
I update to the v10b by lg suite yesterday. I dont have the random reboot problem anymore for the last 24 hr. and I play pocket legend and like ever 2 hours the phone must reboot with the v10a. Now I am very happy with the v10b. no reboot for the game playing but i felt the graphic is little bit slower than v10a. and I am also factory reset my phone after update. So I can tell is it because the firmware or some software on the card or the root causing the reboot. But I am sure I am a happy pocket legends player. I am also using my old nokia 8g class 4 sd card with the original sd back up.

pedroh

Dec 31, 2010
After I update to v10n, I've been runing android whitout rebooting and unmounting for about 125 hours (and growing).
I can say the software solved the problem because im using same card and I didn't factory either the phone or card.

rubyannF

Jan 13, 2011
Quezon City
My software version is already v10b by default but I'm still experiencing this "sd card removed" problem plus my phone also reboots it self rarely...

I've read threads about this problem and they recommend updating the software to v10e...

muff99

Jan 6, 2011
I contacted LG about this: It seems that the reboot bug is SIM-card related. Here in germany, Eplus (and their retailers) SIM-cards seem to be affected.

alyy81

Jan 20, 2011
hi after updating to 2.2.1 v10n i dont have sd card error and reboots that often but sometimes i cant see the apps installed on the sd card. has anyone noticed this too? after remounting the sd card i can again see the apps and can access them but it keeps on appearing and its quite annoying! plz help!

xtho

Jan 1, 2011
I contacted LG about this: It seems that the reboot bug is SIM-card related.

Based on my experience, I'd say the reboot is triggered by the unexpected sd card removal after moving apps to the sd card. Until I've seen some working prove, I'd assume the idea with SIM-cards is just another theory.

Jimjams

Dec 10, 2010
Based on my experience, I'd say the reboot is triggered by the unexpected sd card removal after moving apps to the sd card. Until I've seen some working prove, I'd assume the idea with SIM-cards is just another theory.

I have the phone from late october and experimented a lot with this problem.

In my case it only happen if I move some apps on the sdcard, if I don't move any apps on the sd card, no reboot happens. Also it seem more frequent when data connection is not "stable".

Some user reported they were able to turn around the problem keeping wifi on all the time, but it is a solution I like

In the last couple of months I used the phone with all the apps on phone memory and never had the problem again...

ert69

Jan 24, 2011
I got this phone a week ago and it's been rebooting ever since.. I even updated to v10f and now it says something about the SD Card after reboot and the SD card wont work after that.. so I have to reboot manually for the SD card to become active again... this phone is nothing but headache... but I'm still happy with it.. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But also thousands of us doesn't have any problems with this. It's really strange and you can not say, that LG is idiots - maybe everything works before on testing. Maybe some factory failed in collecting, maybe some wrong series of components... maybe.... who knows.

One think is true - they should face up to problems and not do, that nothing happened.
    so you mean to say that the extra tiny pin should not make any contact with the sd card contacts. well, we can just use a piece of paper to insulate it from the card, can't we?

I mean that, for some reason, LG decided to short it only when the card is connected. That's why I just moved it to the left.

Edit: But It seems that this slot is in fact a microSD adapter. Since pin 3 and pin 6 on the SD connector side (of the adapter) are connected they could be both ground (pin 6 and 9 in the LG). If this is true you could insulate that pin without a problem.