Awesome Watch

Search This thread

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
Lokifish: PayPal account was frozen due to multiple refund requests in a short period. I even had mine frozen at one point because of three refund request for donations made through xda in a week. PayPal froze my account, demanded that I issue refunds using another funding source even though there was more than enough money in the account. PayPal also took a month to give the money to those that requested the refunds and then took six months to let me have access to the near $500 in the account. During the six months they also blocked any incoming donations. In short, PayPal operates outside of FTC guidelines and could care less about the customer or vendor as long as they get paid.

As far as the rest of your noise. It's not a retail product where there are tens of thousands of these things sitting in a warehouse. They are hand assembled by a company with less than 10 employees that also gets hundreds of emails a day, packs, labels and is tagged on hundreds of social media post a day.
Not a retail product, really, just like it wasnt a real backers product! I was never a backer, I was a consumer that pre-ordered with a promised December shipment that changed to mid Jan and now March with no reply(70 days since email and no reply) and a cancelled Paypal order with no refund!

Congrats Le Fish disguising yourself as a dev!

Buyers be aware that Omate and Rocki have split and Rocki have all the backers funds not to mention the pre-orders as well, Omate is broke and have lied their last lie!

Le Fish, protect Omate all you want, it wont save them and it wont stop consumers from receiving chargebacks from a scam company!

I have been a supporter of XDA since 06 and I have never seen such a scam as this I now urge XDA to shut down this scam and part themselves from this fraud! I know this is a scam and you Le Fish should be reported, reported!

Last edited:

Mike's Aria

Jul 22, 2010
It's obvious that homer285 doesn't really contribute to XDA since they have been a member for 8 years and only have a thanks rating of 23. This posting reflects that lack of a contribution.

Lokifish Marz is not Laurent Le Pen.

Research before you post in the future.

juanflight

Feb 1, 2008
Hey Homer...

U MAD BRO?
:D
Mr Le Martian Fish... If I send you my ts, would you sign it as LeFish? I swear I'll put it on a glass case and save it for eternity..... This is just epic!
Some people deserve a high five.... In the head.... With a chair...!

Reactions: gillebob

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
WoooW man - you should really find a hobby...

This isn't funny - it's sad...

Why do you even connect XDA and Omate?
XDA is devs forum/portal and there's no connection between them.

Omate TS is out for many users and they have evey right to develop and share apps and infos.

I'm October dev too, so what?!

First, read KS "rules" - there's no 100% ETA, nothing is 100% is KS, that's funding platform and TS isn't first device that has/had some problems...

And the funniest part is - you find time to write that silly post but haven't had decency to read who is who?!

;)

But hey, at least - it's funny, we don't have to read garfield today :p

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
Isnt it just, because its all about the thanks! Isnt it funny that the thanks button only started a few years ago(Ive been dormant long before that), before that i was partly responsible for bringing a custom ROM to XDA O2 Atom in 06 and HTC HD2 ROM dev, from which I received donations that were substantial, not that I wanted the donations, never-the-less I gave back to XDA and I gave back to devs, ask our most distinguished dev!
I have started this thread not to troll but to make other non suspecting users aware of the scam that is Omate and Rocki, believe it or not it is a scam!

I dont even care about the people trying to protect the scam AS ABOVE, I am not going to fall into your trap of troll retaliation, since you are!

Facts are facts and thats life, you replied and now lets let the forum consider what is right.

Cheers

Last edited:

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
Please feel free to report me to the moderators and admins and whomever else you please. In fact, I insist. I would also like what ever comes of this to be posted in this thread and stickied for all to see.
I did report you, however, I dont think you need more exposure in this section, every second post/thread is yours and whilst I think on one hand, youre a great help, very informative, on the other hand, to every negative post you are fast to protect Omate, even in FB G+ etc you are very fast to protect Omate no-matter-what! Sorry dude as much as I want to think you are just a 'random dev' helping a 'random company' I wasnt born yesterday and neither were the XDA community!

Last edited:

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
Just get out, before I report you and all your work ends up meaning nothing. I know Laurent, and I know Loki, and they aren't the same person.

The only thing xda is asking at this point is why someone with your "tenure" would throw it away in favor of acting like a stupid child.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: gillebob

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
I have started this thread not to troll but to make other non suspecting users aware of the scam that is Omate and Rocki, believe it or not it is a scam!

Oh? Is that why in the originating post you're mostly just accusing Lokifish of being Laurent Le Pen? You're attacking a freelance dev, and for what, because Omate shat in your Wheaties? Wow, I know people talk about first world problems, but this takes the cake. I suggest you try going outside sometime, there are WAY worse things in the world then a dev wanting to improve a watch he likes.

tshoulihane

Jun 16, 2010
Redmi Note 12 5G
So you bought a pre-order from a company you found on kickstarter that was at the time clearly struggling with development and schedules, and you want a medal from us all?

By the time pre-orders opened, wasn't it already clearly known that Omate were part of Umeox (so you knew exactly what you were buying into). And you still jumped in?

This is the most amusing part of the story so far.

overground

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Dev
I did report you, however, I dont think you need more exposure in this section, every second post/thread is yours and whilst I think on one hand, youre a great help, very informative, on the other hand, to every negative post you are fast to protect Omate, even in FB G+ etc you are very fast to protect Omate no-matter-what! Sorry dude as much as I want to think you are just a 'random dev' helping a 'random company' I wasnt born yesterday and neither were the XDA community!

"Le Fish" :p has no vested financial interest in Omate. I know this to be a fact.
He really is as you say: "just a 'random dev' helping a 'random company'", his only perk being that he was given a watch for development purposes.

And no, I am not part of this "conspiracy" lmao. I have an Omate because I was a KS backer and that is all.

While this has been entertaining, I think it's time to slow your roll on the accusations, because most of what you imply is not based on truth.

For the record - Lokifish Mars is NOT Laurent Le Pen. I know this to be a fact.

I'm going to leave this thread open because maybe some productive discussion may end up out of it. If that turns out a mistake, I will reverse this decision and shut it down.

Have a great day! :)

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
Thanks for not closing thread, maybe I have been hasty in accusations, however, I still stand by my posts, most of what I wrote is fact. No apologies to anyone offended or otherwise, seems arrogant yes, no, it isn't.
Those who have been taken for a ride like myself need to stand up and express their distaste in a less than, OK experience with the fore mentioned and aforementioned company.
Today I was finally replied to by, no not Omate, but Rocki, whom I contacted after nearly 60 days of no reply of 3 emails(politely)to Omate for a refund!

Rocki's reply was patronizing if not belittling to say the least, using ridiculous font size differences within one sentence that made it hard to read and seemed as though they weren't serious in their response. I have already started process for a charge-back from CC company, however I wanted to open this thread to warn others of these terrible business ethics in a hope no more ppl would be scammed!
Im embarrassed to have trolled up an XDA founder(I love fishing, seriously in real life I love it, I dont mean founder is a troll, nor do I mean I am trolling) I have said my piece and peace.

Last edited:

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
You got a reply about refunding your Omate TrueSmart kickstarter pledge...from Rocki ?

Was it from Cecelia by chance ? I have never been sure if she works or worked for Omate or Rocki or both.

Please share as much of the email's contents as you feel appropriate. I hope you either get your refund soon or your TrueSmart. If you get your watch, don't feed it after midnight !

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
Ok, just making sure I got this straight.

The original post is basically accusing a dev of being a CEO of a company in a form of a personal attack

The hidden message in that post is to watch out for the company

That message is in fact a horse that's been beaten to death in practically every avenue (Facebook, G+, Here on XDA, Omate Kickstarter, and in the Omate forums). So, in other words, the people being warned were curious enough to come to xda but ignore every other avenue of information regarding the watch, including other posts on XDA. Furthermore, instead of having a clear topic title like "WARNING blah blah", it's called "awesome watch"
Yet this is to warn...I think I'm missing something. Must be good drugs.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
@ Homer: although I do understand you are frustrated with Omate, I hope you realized by now you were wrong in your accusations about Loki. I can say with certainty that you haven't been following these threads for the last 3+ months, otherwise you would have known Loki doesn't hide under his avatar, had his real name revealed on a few occasions, and I even remember he posted a picture of some smartwatch package he received with a full disclosure of his mailing address. I don't know where the original quote in your 1st post came from, but it sounds like PM exchange with some personal info (reference to Loki's paypal account) where you should have used a better judgment regarding what to reveal.

You want to voice your dissatisfaction with a company, this is a free forum and you have every right to share your opinion. But attacking one of the members who put so much work into this project and who has been nothing but a help to everyone in here - I insist that you DO owe him an apology. I don't care if you want to post it here or send him a PM, but do the right thing man. If you have beef with Omate, take it up with them, but a freelance developer and a father of newborn baby who spent so much of his time working on the device because he wants to help others, doesn't deserve this crap.

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
A blind man and his guide dog enter a bar and find their way to a barstool. After ordering a drink, and sitting there for a while, the blind guy yells to the bartender,

"Hey, you wanna hear a blonde joke ?"

The bar immediately becomes absolutely quiet. In a husky, deep voice, the woman next to him says,

"Before you tell that joke, you should know something.The bartender is blonde, the bouncer is blonde, and I'm a 6' tall, 200 lb.blonde with a black belt in karate. What's more, the woman sitting next to me is blonde and she's a weight lifter. The lady to your right is a blonde, and she's a wrestler. Think about it seriously, Mister. You still wanna tell that joke?"

The blind guy says, "Nah, not if I'm gonna have to explain it five times."

Thread closed!

Last edited:

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
A blind man and his guide dog enter a bar and find their way to a barstool. After ordering a drink, and sitting there for a while, the blind guy yells to the bartender,

"Hey, you wanna hear a blonde joke ?"

The bar immediately becomes absolutely quiet. In a husky, deep voice, the woman next to him says,

"Before you tell that joke, you should know something.The bartender is blonde, the bouncer is blonde, and I'm a 6' tall, 200 lb.blonde with a black belt in karate. What's more, the woman sitting next to me is blonde and she's a weight lifter. The lady to your right is a blonde, and she's a wrestler. Think about it seriously, Mister. You still wanna tell that joke?"

The blind guy says, "Nah, not if I'm gonna have to explain it five times."

Thread closed!

You forgot to add that "his" guide dog is in your avatar picture :p

Btw, I was made aware that PP quote came from another public post by Loki, another example that guy has nothing to hide...

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
After 3 months I have finally got a response and refund, however, with currency exchange I have lost money and that is unacceptable!

If you have issues with Omate then I strongly recommend you contact not Omate but Rocki, they were instantly helpful and got the refund done in days.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

"Le Fish" :p has no vested financial interest in Omate. I know this to be a fact.
    He really is as you say: "just a 'random dev' helping a 'random company'", his only perk being that he was given a watch for development purposes.

And no, I am not part of this "conspiracy" lmao. I have an Omate because I was a KS backer and that is all.

While this has been entertaining, I think it's time to slow your roll on the accusations, because most of what you imply is not based on truth.

For the record - Lokifish Mars is NOT Laurent Le Pen. I know this to be a fact.

I'm going to leave this thread open because maybe some productive discussion may end up out of it. If that turns out a mistake, I will reverse this decision and shut it down.

Have a great day! :)
    Please feel free to report me to the moderators and admins and whomever else you please. In fact, I insist. I would also like what ever comes of this to be posted in this thread and stickied for all to see.
    It's obvious that homer285 doesn't really contribute to XDA since they have been a member for 8 years and only have a thanks rating of 23. This posting reflects that lack of a contribution.

Lokifish Marz is not Laurent Le Pen.

Research before you post in the future.
    @ Homer: although I do understand you are frustrated with Omate, I hope you realized by now you were wrong in your accusations about Loki. I can say with certainty that you haven't been following these threads for the last 3+ months, otherwise you would have known Loki doesn't hide under his avatar, had his real name revealed on a few occasions, and I even remember he posted a picture of some smartwatch package he received with a full disclosure of his mailing address. I don't know where the original quote in your 1st post came from, but it sounds like PM exchange with some personal info (reference to Loki's paypal account) where you should have used a better judgment regarding what to reveal.

You want to voice your dissatisfaction with a company, this is a free forum and you have every right to share your opinion. But attacking one of the members who put so much work into this project and who has been nothing but a help to everyone in here - I insist that you DO owe him an apology. I don't care if you want to post it here or send him a PM, but do the right thing man. If you have beef with Omate, take it up with them, but a freelance developer and a father of newborn baby who spent so much of his time working on the device because he wants to help others, doesn't deserve this crap.
    lots of misleading information here. I'm not rocki or Omate employee, but have been able to grasp some FACTS from my experience. I just want to share.

OMATE is, and has been issuing refunds... Myself (I don't hide either) had received refund from omate! I'm an early KS backer AND pre-orderer too.

Omate and Rocki had a strategic partnership that involved many levels. Now, the partnership has ended, but there are still a few thin threads between the 2. (that separation can't happen in one day)

Cecilia is a Rocki employee who was part of the alliance and therefore was working for Omate. Now, she is taking care of Rocki only.

Omate has one employee doing all the different tasks the 2 companies were sharing. Magan. She is a lovely person who is only trying to help each and everyone. Her only task is to respond to the hundreds of angry backers/pre-orderers who think they are emailing Samsung customer support call centre in India plus the vast bunch that have positive/relevant questions,concerns, ideas, etc. aside from that simple job, we can add the task of manually enter all the tracking numbers fro their current shipments, plus sorting, packaging etc.... you are starting to see where I'm going?

We all have limits, and she is really close to reach her's thanks to all the bull**** from those angry ones! remember. KS campaign passed the 4k backers mark. plus the Pre-orders

exchange rates??? really??? LOL. It's 2014 dude. Technology opened the doors of global trade long time ago.... It's about time you understand there are simple things such as exchange rates around, and that they change every second! you want Omate to refund your money and send you a gift?

Rocki is helping with refunds? Sure they are; Like I said before, they still have some thin threads tied them together.... yet, not so great idea to spam both companies asking refunds, where is my watch, ets. I'm sure even the International Police could help getting the refunds too!
    Calm your pants down, They are doing what they can to help/please everyone. Omate is the one issuing refunds, Omate is the one that should be contacted.

We all jumped on a project that is in beta. There are still many hardware/software changes that need to be made before it becomes a final product. We are slowly building the future of this technology.... The TrueSmart is by far the best out of the bunch, yet miles from being perfect....

Last but most definitely not least.... and the reason from this thread.... Mr LeFish. Unfortunately he is not an rocki/omate/International Police employee! (as I'd love he could get a steady stream of income just for dealing with all this bs as a side job) He is a very talented developer who has been helping the Umeox/Omate amongst other technologies, thanks to his proven passion for including but not limited to the smart watches and his desire to help/improve everyone's experience,just like a few other devs here not worth mentioning so they don't become target for the haters next attack.