Windows Phone 7 Lockscreen Wallpaper Repository [Template/New]

Search This thread

Scrtcwlvl

Aug 4, 2008
We all know Windows Phone 7 doesn't have custom wallpapers for the homescreen, however it does have custom wallpaper for the lockscreen.
The lock screen of course displays metro stylized textual information.
This information has a nasty tendency to move around based on how much information it needs to display. However, if you have a scheduled event always on your calendar with a locational field filled - this information rarely if ever moves beyond these defined limits. As such, we can stylize wallpapers around this information.
[Provided you always have something scheduled between now and the next 48 hours]

So here I am looking to be a Wallpaper repository, but then also a collection of lockscreen wallpaper based off the data template.

Some of you may have seen the post on Pocketnow about the lockscreen wallpaper with data segmentation in mind. Someone on there requested I make a thread here so I did.

wp7locktemplate.png

This goes around the set data on the WP7 lockscreen and looks pretty dang good. So I'd like to post this template up so others can build much better wallpapers than me off a similar concept now that they have set coordinates.
Also, you can post your normal lockscreen wallpapers as well.
Every other device has a repository but I'd like for this one to be WP7 centric.

This is how it looks on my Samsung Focus
morgan.jpg

[http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4377/justblack.png here is a link to the one with I <3 Windows Phone]

Here are the various theme base colours from WP7
wp7themecolours.png

Lime 140 190 41
Brown 156 81 0
Pink 230 113 181
Orange 239 150 8
Blue 25 162 222
Red 230 20 0
Green 49 154 49
Magenta 255 0 148
Purple 164 0 255
Teal 0 170 173
These are the theme colour values directly from the system, however, keep in mind that Windows Phone 7 applies an 80% filter to the images when they are set as your wallpaper. As such, colours posted like those on the left, appear on your device as the block on the right.
bluecolourshift.png

In order to balance out this effect, use a RGB Multiplier of 1.25x so when WP7 applies the 80% filter you can match the proper colours.

So please, post your wallpaper designs. Either something based off the template or entirely new or something WP7 related.
Note for posting: Try and show your wallpaper but also attach as a ZIP if possible - that way, users can set it directly from their phones!
Please try to only post if you have a Wallpaper - these threads get disgustingly large so please try to only post to contribute

Last edited:
Reactions: sala91 and bkaul

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
GeoLuminations

Introducing GeoLuminations

IMG_0126.JPG

Works with any combination of calendar events, unread emails, etc! Choose either the version that has the double square at the bottom (as seen in the real-life picture) or the single square. That simply frames the notifications a bit more.

Updated on 11/11/2010 to not cut off long calendar appointments.

GeoLuminations2.jpg
GeoLuminations1.jpg

GeoLuminations3.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

xma1e

Mar 31, 2008
Great work, can I suggest not trying to enclose the calendar area? To the right hand side of the calendar, text will flow over and off the right hand side of the page. Will all the templates so far calendar test flows over the edge and looks a little messy. If you have short text in the calendar it looks okay.

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
Great work, can I suggest not trying to enclose the calendar area? To the right hand side of the calendar, text will flow over and off the right hand side of the page. Will all the templates so far calendar test flows over the edge and looks a little messy. If you have short text in the calendar it looks okay.

Ah yeah I see what you're saying. I'll update my GeoLocations to fix that, check my original post in an hour from now and I should have it updated (I won't post when I update it so I don't clutter the thread too much). Thanks for the suggestion!

Line40

Jan 8, 2008
Light background

Hello

Very nice work of you guys indeed. Might I suggest to provide versions for the light background too? Maybe there are others beside me who use that one :)
I hope I named the background right, just having access to the german WP7.

Cheers

Line40

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
Hello

Very nice work of you guys indeed. Might I suggest to provide versions for the light background too? Maybe there are others beside me who use that one :)
I hope I named the background right, just having access to the german WP7.

Cheers

Line40

I use the light theme on my phone, but I believe that the lockscreen must always be a dark color, since no matter what your theme is, the text on the lockscreen is white. The text would be invisible on a white lockscreen background!

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
New Lockscreen Theme - White Background/Red Highlight

This is a theme for the white background users! I can make it in all the colors available as a theme in WP7 (including for black backgrounds) but it would be a lot easier if I could get emulator screenshots of the different theme colors.

Nevertheless, here's the lockscreen for the white background + red highlight theme! It works really well with the device!!

colorscreenimage.jpg

Here's the Lockscreen file, view it from your phone and right click (long hold) it, then save it to your phone.

colorscreen.jpg

Reactions: nightryder21

jasongw

So, I found some nice "Legs" images and formatted them to fit the Windows Phone 7 screen. All in all...pretty nice :)

I may be going to Hell...but I accept it :p

Attachments

• PhoneWP3.jpg
    PhoneWP3.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 295
  • PhoneWP2.jpg
    PhoneWP2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 355
  • PhoneWP4.jpg
    PhoneWP4.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 307
  • PhoneWP1.jpg
    PhoneWP1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 418
  • PhoneWP5.jpg
    PhoneWP5.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 286
  • PhoneWP6.jpg
    PhoneWP6.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 302
  • PhoneWP7.jpg
    PhoneWP7.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 277
  • PhoneWP8.jpg
    PhoneWP8.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 296

ZaForD

Jul 17, 2006

Attachments

• ScreenCover2.jpg
    ScreenCover2.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 359
  • ScreenCover4.jpg
    ScreenCover4.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 331
  • ScreenCover3.jpg
    ScreenCover3.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 328
  • ScreenCover1.jpg
    ScreenCover1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 518
  • ScreenCover5.jpg
    ScreenCover5.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 582
  • ScreenCover6.jpg
    ScreenCover6.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 409
  • ScreenCover7.jpg
    ScreenCover7.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 518

XeNoMoRpH1030

Apr 30, 2008
Virginia
I ended up making a few when I could. They are just cropped images I found.

Attachments

• 3r1.jpg
    3r1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 724
  • blue-lights-wallpapers_2634.jpg
    blue-lights-wallpapers_2634.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,115
  • blue-sky-and-moon-wallpapers_12484.jpg
    blue-sky-and-moon-wallpapers_12484.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 572
  • drum-and-bass-wallpapers_2274.jpg
    drum-and-bass-wallpapers_2274.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 584
  • ether-reality-wallpapers_2025.jpg
    ether-reality-wallpapers_2025.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 740
  • first-snow-wallpapers_7389.jpg
    first-snow-wallpapers_7389.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 571
  • jungle-dreaming-wallpapers_2269.jpg
    jungle-dreaming-wallpapers_2269.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 699
  • snow-firs-wallpapers_4314.jpg
    snow-firs-wallpapers_4314.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 520

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Metro lock

'Metro Lock' custom lock screen for Windows Phone

Design based on Windows Phone's Metro UI; Featuring Tiles of popular branded elements (IE9, Bing, Xbox Live, Zune, Office, etc...)
    Provided in all 10 Windows Phone Accent Colours for the 'Dark' theme.

download pack here: http://cookiemonster21x.deviantart.com/#/d3hrwbq

this is my first attempt at any customization, please provide feedback & suggestions.

Enjoy!

metro_lock_for_windows_phone_by_cookiemonster21x-d3hrwbq.jpg
    cropped some more images with my slide up arrow. again. no transparency

slideupseven.jpg

slideupwords.jpg

slideuphands.jpg

slideuptypo1.jpg

slideupabby.jpg

slideupgreen.jpg

slideupred.jpg

slideupblue.jpg
    Metro Lock 2.0

'Metro Lock' custom lock screen for Windows Phone - Version 2.0!

metro_lock_2_for_windows_phone_by_cookiemonster21x-d3kcyme.jpg

design based on Windows Phone's Metro UI; featuring Tiles of popular branded elements (IE9, Bing, Xbox Live, Zune, Office, etc...)
    provided in all 10 Windows Phone Accent Colours for the 'Dark' theme.

download pack here: http://cookiemonster21x.deviantart.com/#/d3kcyme

Enjoy!

note: i attempted to reshade accent couours to offset phone's 'darkening' effect.. after much frustration i gave up; as such, presented in the pack are the base colours (if someone ever figures an accurate way to recolour and provides colour swatches & rgb values i'd be happy to adjust them)
    THESE ARE NOT TRANSPARENCY'S
    going with minimal idea here... here u guys go.

wp7unlock.jpg

wmslideup2.jpg

wmslideup1.jpg
    just some branded-ish ones i did for fun. nothing to spectacular i guess. figured id share them anyways.

brandingwtemplateblue.png

brandingblue.png

brandingwtemplateorange.png

brandingorange.png

brandingwtemplateblackw.png

brandingblackwhite.png