[Port] Doom 3 on Android! Now on the Play Store!!

Search This thread

traybourne

Aug 25, 2011
You play on the nexus 4? How is the fps with shadows and low resolution?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

It varies a lot. Some places I get 30-40, other places is 20-30, and places with a lot of gunfire and action can go down to 5-10. This is still in development though so it should improve on the final release.

lacp

Jul 5, 2012
In mine, a LG Optimus G E975, i don't get to start the game. I tried of all ways but i didn't get it.

traybourne

Aug 25, 2011
In mine, a LG Optimus G E975, i don't get to start the game. I tried of all ways but i didn't get it.

Do you get an error at all or does it just kick you back to your homescreen? If it just kicks you back with no error, do you get to the part where it says loading game and initializing menus, or is the kick immediate?

lacp

Jul 5, 2012
Do you get an error at all or does it just kick you back to your homescreen? If it just kicks you back with no error, do you get to the part where it says loading game and initializing menus, or is the kick immediate?

Yes i get to the part where it says loading game and initializing menus but when i try to load the game it just kick me back to my homescreen.

fear92

Dec 26, 2008
oh god this is so nice, i can't wait for my new phone to come now thanks!

Last edited:

traybourne

Aug 25, 2011
Yes i get to the part where it says loading game and initializing menus but when i try to load the game it just kick me back to my homescreen.
Hmm I've never experienced that before. You extracted the configuration files I posted into the base folder? Is the game modded at all, and is it updated to 1.3.1? Beyond that I don't know, possibly just an incompatibility with your phone.

oh god this is so nice, i can't wait for my new phone to come now thanks!
No problem:D

fear92

Dec 26, 2008

noooo theres a problem now, first the game would start and load, but then the same screen as Garridon, so I've updated the game (my error) but I still got the same screen, so I've started all over again, installed doom 3 on pc, updated and then copied everything in the phone, now it won't even load the menu, it goes to the home screen

even after the update the .exe file says that it is a 1.0.0.1 version, what? :(

traybourne

Aug 25, 2011
noooo theres a problem now, first the game would start and load, but then the same screen as Garridon, so I've updated the game (my error) but I still got the same screen, so I've started all over again, installed doom 3 on pc, updated and then copied everything in the phone, now it won't even load the menu, it goes to the home screen

even after the update the .exe file says that it is a 1.0.0.1 version, what? :(

Did you extract the gl2progs folder into your base folder? If it's in there, try clearing the app data of the Doom 3 app on the phone. Make sure to point the app to the working directory on your phone again if it's not in the diii4a folder.

fear92

Dec 26, 2008
Did you extract the gl2progs folder into your base folder? If it's in there, try clearing the app data of the Doom 3 app on the phone. Make sure to point the app to the working directory on your phone again if it's not in the diii4a folder.

alright after doing all over again I've managed to reach the menu again, now the "loading" screen stops at around 80%, no error shown, this must be because of my hardware, I'll wait for the new phone I was just testing it out on my old dual core tablet, can't wait for dem 4 1.7 ghz cores :)

thanks for your help and time

up
decreasing video to low and having the light at 1 made me reach the first video after the loading screen, then it crashed, confirmed for hardware problem, for anyone that wonders, don't buy a ZTE V11A, thanks ;)

Last edited:

akira02rex

Nov 7, 2010
I'm not seeing any of the lighting and shadows with the version downloaded from OP. Where can I get this enabled?

Garridon

Apr 30, 2012
Check one of my posts previously. Though I warn you, you need a really high end device for it to be playable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

traybourne

Aug 25, 2011
I'm not seeing any of the lighting and shadows with the version downloaded from OP. Where can I get this enabled?

Strange, it should be enabled by default with the configuration files I posted. Try doing what Garridon said and change the app's command line to look like this: "game.arm +set r_noLight 0" without quotes.

Last edited:

lacp

Jul 5, 2012
Hmm I've never experienced that before. You extracted the configuration files I posted into the base folder? Is the game modded at all, and is it updated to 1.3.1? Beyond that I don't know, possibly just an incompatibility with your phone.

No problem:D
i finally get, to make work this game in my LG Optimus G. I didn't put the correct configuration files, i put an older ones, then, it didn't worked. Now already run. Thanks.

hellDr0id

Dec 8, 2012
Goa
How to setup it on my note 2 some1 plss explain in details..

Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    esunva.jpg

This has finally been officially released on the Play Store under the name DIII4A! And it is still free to download! You can download it from the follow link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n0n3m4.DIII4A&hl=en

This new release does not have much for an increase in performance, but it does have a simplified installation. The gl2progs folder is no longer needed as the app installs it and the configuration files are also not really needed, but can still be used for more advanced tweaking. There are also new options to use ETC1 compression and cache, but I would recommend leaving those off as it increased loading times for me and also reduced performance by a little bit.

This game runs great on my Nexus 4 and other high-end devices! Playing with the onscreen controls is obviously not very good, but if you have a PS3 controller lying around you can get it to work perfectly with it using the Sixaxis Controller app. Just make sure to set it up to emulate a mouse and choose enable mouse in the app's control options (requires root). Purchase a GameKlip too for the ultimate gaming experience on the go! Mouse and keyboard also work great through either bluetooth or USB OTG.

1) Install Doom 3 on your PC and make sure it is updated to the latest version which is 1.3.1.

2) Copy over the base folder from the Doom 3 installation on your PC to your phone into a folder called diii4a. You can change the folder name if you like, just make sure you point the app to the new folder and you CANNOT put spaces in the folder name.

3) Install the app. The latest version is currently v1.1.

4) Start it up and you should have this amazing game running on your phone or tablet. Network features also work and you can even play games with people playing on PC! Here is a YouTube video showing this in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN26X93NUno
    Thanks to InsaneNutter for pointing this out!

Also, if you're running it on an older device and the fps are too low, you can disable all the lighting effects by just selecting the "Disable lighting" option at the main menu of the app. The game will run MUCH smoother.

Here is a great step-by-step video tutorial by RolandDeschain79 that also shows some gameplay comparisons between having the lighting enabled and disabled on his Note 2. Thanks man!

This is the Russian thread where it originally came from: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=330329
    Compiles Maps Too!

Cool. It compiles maps too!

I had to relearn the editor just to do this. lol
    pc.jpg

Here is typing the command (dmap) which compiles the map:
    0.jpg

The game takes a few seconds, prints the compile log to console, and now we can run our freshly complied map:
    1.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out what is so dang hard for it to render. Two monsters, a box map, and two lights, and it runs the same as SP levels:
    2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
    How to play Doom 3 on Android video

I'm not sure then. My only suggestion would be to start over completely from scratch, read the OP very carefully, clear the data for the app, and maybe try another copy of Doom 3. It's been confirmed working on the Note 2 so it has to be your set up somehow.

EDIT: I was looking at your screenshot again and is your base folder inside a folder called diii4a or is it just at the root of your SD card?

Hey Traybourne It works fine on my Note 2:good: I made a little video explaining how to install Doom 3 onto Android, feel free to add it to your OP if you like. I tweaked my Doom 3 game a lot back in the day to squeeze out as much performance as possible. I liked how you included the autoexe config, I started to mess around with it a bit. I read a great Doom 3 tweaking guide, checkout the link below. I turned off little things like player shadows, further tweaking should be possible and I wanted to share the info. I included the configs I used in the video below. Thanks for great tweaking ideas:good:

Gameplay starts @ 7:00

Doom 3 Tweak guide:

Roland's High and Low quality config pack (Optional)
    This makes me wish valvewould port half life source to android!!!
    You can even play networks games with Doom 3 on the PC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN26X93NUno (Embedding YouTube videos appears to be broke?)

How to setup it on my note 2 some1 plss explain in details..

Have a read of this, it should help you out: Doom 3 Android Port Setup