[App][Source] DHT Upgrade Advisor (Get redstone on old lumias)

Search This thread

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
########################################
DHT Upgrade Advisor is no longer supported
Check DHTPersonalization thread for new versions : (Current Version V0.729)

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74721954&postcount=42
Hey there everyone :)
Dormant Hackers Team's new app is here to help you upgrade your phone without any problem .
This app will help you to get new Redstone update and maybe later upgrades on your old lumia .
what phones are supported by this tool :
All Nokia Lumia devices and All Microsoft Lumia devices except x50 series .

What is the app features :
-Backup your Phone targeting info
-set your phone as a Microsoft Lumia 950XL for single sim devices and Lumia 950XL Dual Sim for Dual Sim devices .
-Restore your device targeting info again using this this app .

Does backup my phone really make a backup of my information ?
Actually NO . It only backup : HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo and only the keys this app change them .

How to use :
-make sure you didn't changed your DeviceTargetingInfo keys, after that check the Backup my phone .
-Information of your devices will shown up in application
-Choose you device type (Single Sim or Dual Sim)
-Tap on Allow update (this will set your phone to a 950xl as I said before)
-Now you can use Windows Insider to choose your Insider Ring and upgrade your phone .
-Better to Restore backup of your device after upgrade .
if the above instruction didn't worked
-download and install latest version of interop tools app http://xdaforums.com/windows-10/windows-10-mobile/interop-tools-appx-windows-10-mobile-t3373675
-Go to Interop unlock section and try to Restore NDTKSVC (Attention : Restore NDTKSVC Not that one ends with (x50))
-then reboot your device and try to Interop/cap unlock your device again from Interop Tools app ->Interop Unlock section
if the above instruction didn't worked again FINAL WAR:
Thanks to @Mafworld
for the full instruction below :
1- Make a hard reset.
2- setup your phone after hard reset, avoid WIFI or mobile data access on your phone.
2.1- once your device is done, go to developer options and enable developer mode.
3- download and install DHTUpgrade Advisor + Dependecies via file explorer or sideload via device portal
4- Download and Install Interop Tools 1.7 and open the app and hit on Restore NDTKSvc (This will help you to change the Registry, Some users are facing error trying to hit button "Allow Update" "Allow Update 512MB")
4.1- Open DHTUpgrade Advisor and hit "Allow Update 512MB devices" or "Allow Update"
4.2- in settings> sytem> about. check your device info, in case appears the original targetting info restart your device normally.
5- go to windows store and deactivate "Auto Update Apps", we want to stay away from Extras&Info.
6- Install Upgrade Advisor via Windows Store.
7- Once Installed open Upgrade Advisor and follow the steps, if upgrade advisor say you're up to date or there are no updates! its okay.
8- go to settings> update & security> phone update> check for updates...
-updates available
windows 10 mobile ( 10.0.14393.67)
this update helps your device work even much better.
9-done.

This is a open source project, so feel free to change it by your own .
What this app contains for starter developers ?
This source code is a real simple code to see how SplitView , RelativePanel , VisualStateManager works , but it's really basic and easy to understood .

Test for 512 MB devices :
guys with 512MB of devices test this :
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3844546&d=1471383596
first check Backup , Then Tap on Allow Update(for 512MB Ram)
Thanks all guys who find trick for 512 devices and I will add their names soon in thread .

What are the files uploaded ?
DHTUpgradeAdvisor_1.1.4.0_arm_Debug.rar : it contains the appx file and you must be able to deploy it with Developer Mode enabled via file manager .
Dependencies.zip: this contains ARM dependency packages needed for app . (if you weren't able to deploy this app using file manager use device portal to deploy using appx file and these dependencies .
Source.rar : surely it's the source code of my app .
Technical Information about source :
Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 , Universal Windows SDK 10586 (v1.4)

Credits :
Thanks to @Mafworld
-Thanks to @BlueTR for finding hack to get update on 512MB ram devices :)
-Thanks DHT Guys : @djamol @vcfan @ngame
-Thanks @raghulive for sharing this hack on this topic : http://xdaforums.com/windows-10/windows-10-mobile/windows-mobile-10-redstone-rs1-build-t3319375
-Thanks to MahGraphic Studios Team and Iranian guys for their supports :)

Attachments

• DHTUpgradeAdvisor_1.1.4.0_arm_Debug.rar
    6.3 MB · Views: 107,445
  • Dependencies.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 57,531
  • Source.rar
    142 KB · Views: 13,592
Last edited:

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
Reserved
[Q]Old you mean even with 512mb RAM?
[A]I mean Unsupported Phones .
for now 512MB RAM Phones no but work on 1GB ram devices .
I still don't know why getting builds doesn't work on 512 MB rams , but I'm doing research for it .

Guys with 512MB Ram devices test this :
Thanks all guys who find trick for 512 devices and I will add their names soon in thread .

Last edited:

w.bogdan

Dec 4, 2014
Just to be clear, by "redstone" you mean Windows 10 Anniversary Update build 10.0.14393.5 ?

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
One more thing, which are the "old Lumias" that benefit from this app? The reason I'm asking is because when this thread Redstonebuild 14267& higher for old lumias was started, Lumia 735 was one of the unsupported phones. Now, I got 10.0.14393.5 with Windows Insider in the Release Preview ring.

As I said this app makes it easier to get updated. You can use registry editors freely to modify keys by your own but in this way you will save your Phone targeting info to restore and change your phone identity easier .

w.bogdan

Dec 4, 2014
As I said this app makes it easier to get updated. You can use registry editors freely to modify keys by your own but in this way you will save your Phone targeting info to restore and change your phone identity easier .
Don't get me wrong, it's a great app and we thank you for it. I just wanted to make things clear. For my phone, Lumia 735, no registry edit was necessary yesterday to get to redstone. However, I'm sure your app will be very helpful in the future for other updates Microsoft might consider my phone is not fit.

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
Don't get me wrong, it's a great app and we thank you for it. I just wanted to make things clear. For my phone, Lumia 735, no registry edit was necessary yesterday to get to redstone. However, I'm sure your app will be very helpful in the future for other updates Microsoft might consider my phone is not fit.

Uhum fortunately Lumia 735 is still getting updates without any problems .

Seyar.q

Jan 6, 2014

I think Lumia 735 is a supported phone to get Redstone. That's why no registry editing is necessary to get RS. This app is for those Lumia's (Like Lumia 1020, 920, 925...) which are not supported to for Redstone update officially.

tfwboredom

Oct 21, 2012
Seriously, if you don't know how the 512MB block works, don't even bother. I took a quick look at the source and it's clear that you've just built a tool which automates some registry editing without having any knowledge of how the actual update gets picked up or how updating a phone even works. There is a lot of redundant code in there.

plantroon

Mar 15, 2013
Do I need to interop unlock my phone or anything similar for this to work ? Because I just followed the steps in OP and no updates come up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DHT Upgrade Advisor is no longer supported
    Check DHTPersonalization thread for new versions : (Current Version V0.729)

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74721954&postcount=42
    Hey there everyone :)
    Dormant Hackers Team's new app is here to help you upgrade your phone without any problem .
    This app will help you to get new Redstone update and maybe later upgrades on your old lumia .

-set your phone as a Microsoft Lumia 950XL for single sim devices and Lumia 950XL Dual Sim for Dual Sim devices .

Actually NO . It only backup : HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo and only the keys this app change them .

How to use :
    -make sure you didn't changed your DeviceTargetingInfo keys, after that check the Backup my phone .
    -Now you can use Windows Insider to choose your Insider Ring and upgrade your phone .
    -download and install latest version of interop tools app http://xdaforums.com/windows-10/windows-10-mobile/interop-tools-appx-windows-10-mobile-t3373675
    -Go to Interop unlock section and try to Restore NDTKSVC (Attention : Restore NDTKSVC Not that one ends with (x50))
    -then reboot your device and try to Interop/cap unlock your device again from Interop Tools app ->Interop Unlock section
    Thanks to @Mafworld
    1- Make a hard reset.
    2- setup your phone after hard reset, avoid WIFI or mobile data access on your phone.
    2.1- once your device is done, go to developer options and enable developer mode.
    3- download and install DHTUpgrade Advisor + Dependecies via file explorer or sideload via device portal
    4- Download and Install Interop Tools 1.7 and open the app and hit on Restore NDTKSvc (This will help you to change the Registry, Some users are facing error trying to hit button "Allow Update" "Allow Update 512MB")
    4.1- Open DHTUpgrade Advisor and hit "Allow Update 512MB devices" or "Allow Update"
    4.2- in settings> sytem> about. check your device info, in case appears the original targetting info restart your device normally.
    5- go to windows store and deactivate "Auto Update Apps", we want to stay away from Extras&Info.
    7- Once Installed open Upgrade Advisor and follow the steps, if upgrade advisor say you're up to date or there are no updates! its okay.
    -updates available
    9-done.

This source code is a real simple code to see how SplitView , RelativePanel , VisualStateManager works , but it's really basic and easy to understood .

DHTUpgradeAdvisor_1.1.4.0_arm_Debug.rar : it contains the appx file and you must be able to deploy it with Developer Mode enabled via file manager .
    Dependencies.zip: this contains ARM dependency packages needed for app . (if you weren't able to deploy this app using file manager use device portal to deploy using appx file and these dependencies .

Credits :
    Thanks to @Mafworld
    -Thanks @raghulive for sharing this hack on this topic : http://xdaforums.com/windows-10/windows-10-mobile/windows-mobile-10-redstone-rs1-build-t3319375
    -Thanks to MahGraphic Studios Team and Iranian guys for their supports :)
    Upgrade Instructions for devices stuck at .494 or .545 and 512MB devices

Ok guys, today take attention to me.
    some users are still stuck at July Update (10586.494) and others are stuck at Tuesday Patch Update (10586.545)
    This gonna be fun look a lot of users upgrading their devices in the same way as we made it somes users.

*If you are stuck at July Update follow this steps.
    *July update is the last release preview insider build of TH2.
    1- Hard Reset your phone
    2- Setup your phone and avoid mobile data or WIFI access on your Windows Phone
    3- when your devices is done, go to settings > system> storage> This Device> App&Games> Scroll Down till you found core windows apps, for example, touch, transfer my data, you will see Extras&Info, tap on it and select Uninstall.
    4- Setup your WIFI, go to windows store and deactivate "Auto Update Apps" and install Upgrade advisor.
    4.1- enable developer mode via settings.
    5- Download and install Interop Tools 1.7 Version. 1.8 works only on redstone. Interop your device by enabling "NDTKSvc" and "new engine capability unlock"
    6- Download DHT Upgrade Advisor + Dependencies.
    you can install dependencies via device portal method or simple via file explorer or using application manager at interop tools.
    7- if everything its okay at this moment, install DHT upgrade advisor first version, run the app and backup your targetting info, hit "allow update" now.
    7.1- if your phone show original targetting info, restart your phone normally.
    7.2 check your targetting info again and voila, it show lumia 950 info.
    8- run upgrade advisor and check for updates.
    8.1- this is not going to show you an update but it helps
    9- go to settings and on phone update check for updates...

Windows 10 Mobile (10.0.10856.545) is waiting to be installed.

*if you are stuck at tuesday patch update and want RS1 follow this steps.
    *Tuesday patch update is the lastest update for production-TH2 rings.

1- Hard Reset your phone
    2- Setup your phone and avoid mobile data or WIFI access on your Windows Phone
    3- when your devices is done, go to settings > system> storage> This Device> App&Games> Scroll Down till you found core windows apps, for example, touch, transfer my data, you will see Extras&Info, tap on it and select Uninstall.
    4- Setup your WIFI, go to windows store and deactivate "Auto Update Apps" and install Upgrade advisor.
    4.1- enable developer mode via settings.
    5- Download and install Interop Tools 1.7 Version. 1.8 works only on redstone. Interop your device by enabling "NDTKSvc" and "new engine capability unlock"
    6- Download DHT Upgrade Advisor for 512mb + Dependencies.
    you can install dependencies via device portal method or simple via file explorer or using application manager at interop tools.
    7- if everything its okay at this moment, install DHT upgrade advisor for 512mb, run the app and backup your targetting info, hit "allow update for 512mb" now.
    7.1- if your phone show original targetting info, restart your phone normally.
    7.2 check your targetting info again and voila, it show lumia 636 info.
    8- run upgrade advisor and check for updates.
    8.1- this is not going to show you an update but it helps
    9- go to settings and on phone update check for updates...

Windows 10 Mobile (10.0.14393.67) is waiting to be installed.

if any of this steps fails, you can avoid the use of this app and using interop tools you can navigate via registry and change the values manually:

HKLM\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo

PhoneHardwareVariant -> RM-1027
    PhoneManufacturer -> NOKIA
    PhoneManufacturerModelName -> RM-1027_1007
    PhoneMobileOperatorName -> 000-HK
    PhoneModelName -> Lumia 636
    PhoneSOCVersion -> 8926

Then follow with upgrade advisor to complete the steps

Happy Update for All you guys :laugh::eek::D:good:
    Reserved
    [Q]Old you mean even with 512mb RAM?
    [A]I mean Unsupported Phones .
    for now 512MB RAM Phones no but work on 1GB ram devices .
    I still don't know why getting builds doesn't work on 512 MB rams , but I'm doing research for it .

Guys with 512MB Ram devices test this :
    my Lumia 520 got RS1

Working fine than th2 on L520,
    Using above tool as prescribed above and got 14393.67,but further not getting build after select fast or release ring after getting 14393.67,
    Steps:-
    1. Deploy vcreg and in templt>second last option check it and prss ok(NDTKSVC RESTORE)
    2. Extract dhtUPGRADE ADVISOR ONLY RAM 512 SUPPOTD LIKE 1.1.5 version SMTHING
    3 dont select any ring bcz i m nt get any build if i select fast ring
    4 so stay on production ring
    5 see your about and insider app about is this value change like lumia 520 converted to lumia 636
    6 if value changed then after press update button in setting >phone update
    7 definitly you will get build 14393.67
    8. If value (phone model) not change make your device reboot smtime reboot can chnge your device model
    9 apply all above step u will get 14393.67

This tool is under testing so be care before apply ,only apply this tool on your test device not primary bcz smtime it may harm

I request to developer plz sharp this tool for further getting build in insider after 14393.67 in lumia 520

QUOTE=ngame;68085027]Hey there everyone :)

How to use :
    Thanks to @Mafworld
    1- Make a hard reset.
    -updates available
    9-done.

Credits :
    Thanks to @Mafworld
    -Thanks to MahGraphic Studios Team and Iranian guys for their supports :)[/QUOTE]
    How did you do that ? using upgrade advisor app ?
    Yep, uninstall Extras&Info from storage manager and if you're insider, un-enroll your device and stay on production-TH2, Then use DHTUpgradeAdvisor, backup your DeviceTargetingInfo and hit the button "allow update".

Install upgrade advisor from store and check for update via upadv. Wait a few hours and make somes reboots, then check for update via settings app.

Done.