Access to bottom three buttons via bluetooth keyboard or mouse

Search This thread

stui73

Jul 15, 2012
Hi,
I have the cheapest bluetooth mouse and keyboard going, so I'm not sure whats available in the high end. However I have notice that when navigating the SGS3 with a mouse I can not access any of the bottom buttons (menu, home, back). With the keyboard it is a bit easier since I can use the Esc key to control the back button. I'm not to worried about getting the home button, but I think it would be good to have access the menu button (bottom left). Sometimes I use a credit card stand and I'm a bit worried about knocking it over when I press the menu button.

Anyone know how to create a software version of the menu button? Or even better, does anyone know a keyboard or mouse trick to toggle it?

Cheers,
Stui

Reactions: skygunner27

stui73

Jul 15, 2012
I found an App that will solve the problem

Hi,
I have the cheapest bluetooth mouse and keyboard going, so I'm not sure whats available in the high end. However I have notice that when navigating the SGS3 with a mouse I can not access any of the bottom buttons (menu, home, back). With the keyboard it is a bit easier since I can use the Esc key to control the back button. I'm not to worried about getting the home button, but I think it would be good to have access the menu button (bottom left). Sometimes I use a credit card stand and I'm a bit worried about knocking it over when I press the menu button.

Anyone know how to create a software version of the menu button? Or even better, does anyone know a keyboard or mouse trick to toggle it?

Cheers,
Stui

Ok, I went hunting around the Play Store and found 'External Keyboard Helper Pro' which enables the user to map whatever keyboard value to whatever Android function they want (and more). I was able to map the Home and Menu buttons to unused keys on the Bluetooth keyboard. I also discovered that Alt Tab switches tasks (but you have to touch or click the screen to stay on the task switch screen).

hope this helps anyone who is at this stage of PCing up their SGS3.

sonhy

Apr 23, 2006
Sure helps. thanks mate.
I wish the same mapping can be done for the mouse, as most of the time i would use the mouse to navigate back and forth into and out of menus, currently i cant find a mouse that has a menu button and a home button.

If you click and hold you get the menu for an item, but not the main app menu.

virtualdj

Mar 28, 2006
Hi, by self-trying I've also discovered the following keys that work without any external software:

CTRL+ESC = Menu key
ALT+ESC = Home key
ALT+TAB = Task manager (briefly hit the two keys, then use arrows to select the app)

So, although after a year, you get your answer! :good:

Last edited:

DonGateley

Jul 17, 2011
Sure helps. thanks mate.
I wish the same mapping can be done for the mouse, as most of the time i would use the mouse to navigate back and forth into and out of menus, currently i cant find a mouse that has a menu button and a home button.

If you click and hold you get the menu for an item, but not the main app menu.

Scroll wheel click is the Home button and right click is the back button. I can't find a way to do the Recents button, though.

goyurik

Jan 30, 2017
Is there a way to make the right click act as a long click instead? I have having to long click when you have a button performing functions that could be done in an easier fashion. Meanwhile, a true right click feature would be amazing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, by self-trying I've also discovered the following keys that work without any external software:

CTRL+ESC = Menu key
    ALT+ESC = Home key
    ALT+TAB = Task manager (briefly hit the two keys, then use arrows to select the app)

So, although after a year, you get your answer! :good:
    I found an App that will solve the problem

Hi,

Cheers,
    Stui

Ok, I went hunting around the Play Store and found 'External Keyboard Helper Pro' which enables the user to map whatever keyboard value to whatever Android function they want (and more). I was able to map the Home and Menu buttons to unused keys on the Bluetooth keyboard. I also discovered that Alt Tab switches tasks (but you have to touch or click the screen to stay on the task switch screen).

hope this helps anyone who is at this stage of PCing up their SGS3.
    Hi,

Cheers,
    Stui